Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones: Season 6 Discussion *US TV pace*

Kam

Stunning episode!! I can see why/how they spend $100 million on making this season.

Those final 10 mins were horrifying and heartbreaking at the same time. Hold the door :sad: The music pushed me over the edge, that was beautifully done!

With Melisandre championing Jon Snow and now Kinvara seemingly siding with Dany - I wonder if they'll be a showdown at some point.

Kevin has the review up:

Game of Thrones S06E05: The Door – The White Walkers are coming and they don’t care about your fan favourites.

Looking at the trailer for the next episode things don't seem to be slowing down!

For anyone that wants to watch:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's more like The Animus from Assassin's Creed in so much that he can experience what has happened in the past than actually travelling through time.

As with anything even remotely associated with time-travel-esque exploits, the real noodle-frying part comes when you realise that Hodor only became Hodor because Bran was "there" (which bleeds into other things possibly only coming to pass because of Bran being present.

That's what I mean, it's different from the Animus in as much as you can directly effect what happens, whereas the Animus is replaying someone else's memories.

My interpretation of it is that if Bran can get more powerful, there is a chance he could warg back to any point in the past and change events. He's gone from being a spectator to actually being able to make changes.

My interpretation of it is that if Bran can get more powerful, there is a chance he could warg back to any point in the past and change events. He's gone from being a spectator to actually being able to make changes.
I was under the impression that he couldn't change anything, basically anything that that he does, always happened like the Hodor situation. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guest paidimartinez

My money is on Benjen making a return to save Meera and Bran from the wights. Bran has the White Walkers mark on him now though so if he comes south of the wall that could break the spell that keeps the White Walkers from getting passed the wall in the same way it allowed them access to the three eyed ravens crib.

Euron Greyjoy is a great character, but I have a serious issue with the fact that there were about 20 iron born on the beach for the King's moot but somehow less than half that group were able to rob what looked like 100 and odd ships 0_O O_0

Sansa is really annoying me aswel, she is clearly out of her depth. She should stay in her lane and let the seasoned battle commanders around her do their job instead of lying to them. She seems to have learned a few things from her time in king's landing and from Little Finger but she is looking out for her own self interest rather than the others. I can see why she wants an army for herself, but she looks like she's going to mess things up in typical Sansa fashion.

PS do they really need to send Brienne on another road trip?

I was genuinely gutted about that, one of the best things of this season has been the looks Tormund keeps giving her! :lol:

Isn't Tormund going with Brienne? They were all on horses together.

I'm not sure, it looks like they're all leaving Castle Black together, but Brienne is being sent down to Riverrun and the others were planning on visiting the smaller houses to start putting an army together?

I'd be totally down with a Brienne and Tormund road trip though!

Guest paidimartinez
I'm not sure, it looks like they're all leaving Castle Black together, but Brienne is being sent down to Riverrun and the others were planning on visiting the smaller houses to start putting an army together?

I'd be totally down with a Brienne and Tormund road trip though!

A lot of people seem to be confused about this. Brienne tells Sansa that she doesn't want to leave her at the wall with Jon, but then they all head out the gate together in the next scene. Like you said I took it to mean that Brienne is heading to Riverrun and the others are going to rally support from the Northern Lords.

The looks exchanged between Brienne and Tormund are quality gold, he'll have to win her over. Her past crushes were all pretty boys :lol:

I have a bad feeling too that we aren't going to see Euron for a while seeing as he's going to have to build a fleet of a thousand ships (despite the fact that only four people live on the Iron Island's and half of them have taken off with his fleet, oh yeah there also doesn't seem to be that many trees on Pike :rolleyes3:). I love this character, comes out with some great quotes and has a few twigs as a crown.

Guest paidimartinez

I don't know what the story is here? Has nobody anything to say about the episode? :helpsign:

I suppose it was a little lack lustre in a lot of ways. I really don't care about the Kings Landing stuff but this week was ok. Jamie going back to fight the Blackfish is a bit of a bummer, I somehow didn't even consider the possibility of the Lannister army helping the Frey's to suppress the revolt in the Riverlands. Obviously they will do so because the Freys are Lords Paramount in the Riverlands and are sworn to house Baratheon. Are we heading for another Clash of Kings? ... Jon and Sansa reaching out to the Blackfish ties the whole conflict together, will Jamie encounter Brienne again as they are now both headed to Riverrun? It will be interesting to see how it all plays out because the Lannisters aren't too happy with the Bolton's for marrying Sansa behind their backs. Bit disappointed that there was no sign of Lord Snow this week.

Bran is the three eyed Raven, no surprise there seeing as Bran means Raven in Gaelic. :omg: :);)

Benjen coming back was probably the worst kept secret ever. That's the trouble with Game of Thrones now, even though the show has passed out the books, we can still predict what's happening because there's been so many theories bandied about over the years. I was glad to see Benjen though. Stark's seem to drop like flies so it's always good to have a few around.

I loved Dany's speech, I was fist pumping with the Dothraki when she was delivering it. Though she's had similar moments like this before and then two years go by and nothing happens :(

Who could possibly have a thousand ships?............ I'm curious to see where Theon and Yara go, will they rip off Euron's plan or will they end up with Jon in the North. Personally I'd just go do a bit of pirating if I was them.

Jaime was sent to the Riverlands to deal with the rebellion and Riverrun still being under siege in the books so it makes sense. In fact he was there when Cersi was due to face trial as the books finished so it makes sense that he not be around when Cersi faces her trial by combat as she originally requested Jaime to come and help her but he burns the letter from the raven (at least in the books).

See Jaime begins to tire of Cersi and her lies and her sleeping about in the books so doesn't come back to help her, the TV show on the other hand just can't enough of incest it seems. HBO ladies and gentleman!

Guest paidimartinez
Jaime was sent to the Riverlands to deal with the rebellion and Riverrun still being under siege in the books so it makes sense. In fact he was there when Cersi was due to face trial as the books finished so it makes sense that he not be around when Cersi faces her trial by combat as she originally requested Jaime to come and help her but he burns the letter from the raven (at least in the books).

See Jaime begins to tire of Cersi and her lies and her sleeping about in the books so doesn't come back to help her, the TV show on the other hand just can't enough of incest it seems. HBO ladies and gentleman!

It seems like Jamie is lost as a character in King's Landing anyway, which is why I think they shipped him off to Dorne in the last series (and that was a disaster). I'm really looking forward to the return of the Blackfish, my only concern is that I'm not sure if they even know how they will tie all of these stories together in the end, especially when the show is moving at a good pace since over taking the books. The Riverlands was great in the books, so many battles etc even before the Red Wedding during the War of 5 Kings. In contrast, a lot of show watchers - while they know the Tully's support Rob's claim to be King in the North - don't even realise that Robb is actually King of the North and the Riverlands.

I think Jamie's best work came opposite Brienne and hopefully they will reunite at Riverrun, but they are on opposing sides so it could be awkward... Brienne will hopefully marry Tormund and have some gladiator offspring. o_O

Another thing that is bugging me, is it not blatantly obvious who is going to face the Mountain in trial by combat?

Good knows what happens with Brienne and Jaime, in the books she is pretty much dead although not confirmed but at this stage she and Jaime both seem to be heading to the Riverlands... maybe Jaime might cross sides?

As for who will represent the crown, I'd laugh if the High Sparrow says Mountain has to face the seven because he can't kill them and therefore can't win so Cersi would be knackered.

I've been thinking about who the High Sparrow might choose. The only obvious option that I can see is him asking Loras to do it, he'd do anything at this point. Although I don't know if he'd want to piss off Tommen and Margaery. I don't think Cersei will care who it is unless he somehow persuaded Tommen to do it :p

Well Ian McShane has been quoted as saying he's bringin a beloved character back with him when he appears in the series, so the obvious choice for the person to face The Mountain would be The Hound, surely?

We never actually saw him die. Sure he was in a bad way, but if GoT has taught me anything, it's to never believe someone is dead unless you actually see it on screen.

The Cleganebowl marks are gonna lose their minds. :lol