Game of Thrones: Season 6 Discussion *US TV pace*

Kam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paidimartinez
Well Ian McShane has been quoted as saying he's bringin a beloved character back with him when he appears in the series, so the obvious choice for the person to face The Mountain would be The Hound, surely?

We never actually saw him die. Sure he was in a bad way, but if GoT has taught me anything, it's to never believe someone is dead unless you actually see it on screen.

The Cleganebowl marks are gonna lose their minds. :lol:

:goodpost: It seems it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I mean, get it together people... The Hound has been mentioned a few times in the last few episodes :rolleyes: I seriously wonder sometimes what people are actually watching :helpsign:

As for this weeks episode, as I said above it wasn't half obvious that The Hound was coming back. But I was so happy to see him. The Brotherhood without banners doing a number on the settlement showed in typical Game of Thrones fashion that just because someone or a group is against the Lannisters does't necessarily mean they are good.

The Blackfish is the man... enough said!

I loved the scenes with Tormund and the Wildling's, all the Northern stuff was great except for Sansa being an idiot. I was shouting at her to send a raven to Little Finger and ask for the Nights of the Vale to help her and then she went and did it but without telling Jon, so I was shouting at my screen like a lunatic telling her how stupid she was. The men they have won to their cause thus far are probably worth less than one giant.

Kings Landing... who cares?

The Ironborn, I'm hoping Theon sends a raven to Sansa to let her know what he's up to, and that our Northern friends will think Dragons might come in handy in the war against the others, resulting in Jon linking up with Dany. That's a way off though. For now it's all about the Battle of the Bastards.

Edited by paidimartinez

This episode highlighted how much I've have missed Bronn just from his little cameo of riding with Jaime to Riverrun...

"It's a good job we're friends or right now we'd be f**king you right in your arses"

Oh how I've missed him.

Ian McShane was quality as well, he is quite possibly the coolest priest there has ever been.

Guest paidimartinez
This episode highlighted how much I've have missed Bronn just from his little cameo of riding with Jaime to Riverrun...

"It's a good job we're friends or right now we'd be f**king you right in your arses"

Oh how I've missed him.

Ian McShane was quality as well, he is quite possibly the coolest priest there has ever been.

It was great seeing Bronn. Breath of fresh air. He was probably recovering from the disaster that was Dorne for the previous 6 episodes.

Gotta love that cold opening too. Cleganebowl is go!!

The opening was very cinematic, beautiful land scape. Who you got in the Cleganebowl?

The opening was very cinematic, beautiful land scape. Who you got in the Cleganebowl?

The Hound of course.

He is the little brother after all... ;)

EDIT: Oh, and young Lady Mormont. What an absolute beast of a leader she's gonna grow up to be. She's either sending 62 of the baddest men on the planet, or it's gonna be 62 complete numpties and I can't wait to find out which it is! :lol

Guest paidimartinez
The Hound of course.

He is the little brother after all... ;)

EDIT: Oh, and young Lady Mormont. What an absolute beast of a leader she's gonna grow up to be. She's either sending 62 of the baddest men on the planet, or it's gonna be 62 complete numpties and I can't wait to find out which it is! :lol:

Why would Jon not have pulled out Longclaw and said, here young lady, your uncle gave me his sword, that's how much he thought of me...??????????

I enjoyed the latest episode, I know some thought it was a filler but I liked all the setup.

Tommen needs a slap! No trial by combat then. It looks like most people think Cersei will be getting hold of wildfire - she's said plenty of times already she'd burn the city to the ground to protect her family.

We've finally finished with the Arya/House of Black and White storyline, can't wait to see her move on. I'm surprised we didn't get to see the final confrontation with The Waif but it was pretty cool seeing Arya cut the candle/go to darkness/back to the House of Black and White.

I love the idea of The Hound with the Brotherhood facing the White Walkers.

Great scenes with Jamie/Edmure and Jamie/Brienne , love the little wave Jamie gave Brienne as he spots her leave.

Loved the Bronn/Pod scene too :tongue:

Kevin has the review up on COW:

Game of Thrones S06E08: No One – Everyone remembers who they are in an excellent episode.

Next week...it gets epic:

I wonder if this is where Davos finally finds out what happened to Shereen :eek:

Guest paidimartinez

I'm just popping in here to say that I'm clinging to my trial by combat prediction till the bitter end :deviltail:

That trailer is epic

Guest paidimartinez

Thought it was quite a good episode, The Hound was brilliant. Good to see the Brotherhood without Banners back in action and it was good to see that Lemy had been acting of his own accord, I wasn't too happy about the show currupting an organisation that was pretty morale in the books. Looks like The Hound is heading North with them to fight the others.

It was a pity the Blackfish died. Great character. Edmure has sealed House Tully's status as a bunch of kneelers.

Arya is finally finished with the faceless men which is great.

Judging from the trailer it looks like we'll have an open battle rather than a siege next week in the Battle of Winterfell take two. Ramsey is probably over confident and decides to head out to face Jon's shitty army. Which will allow the knights of the Vale to come in and do a cleanup job on his forces. I wouldn't rule out some of the Northern houses betraying Ramsey either. They might not have been willing to pledge loyalty to Jon but when it comes to fighting against a Stark they might rethink.

Guest paidimartinez

I'm getting a little too pumped up right now, you'd swear I was fighting in the battle myself :cookiesign:

It seems like we're going to get a whole episode dedicated to it. THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!!!

Fantastic episode - considering all the hype that's quite an achievement itself.

So much stunning film work here both at the siege in Meereen and the Battle of the Bastards.

When Tyrion talked about the mad king hiding wildfire under the city all I could think about was the next episode - will Cersei actually go through with it?

I liked how they did the Shireen reveal via the horse, Melisandre better watch out!

I think most us knew Rickon would die, so that wasn't really a shock although nicely done.

The battle was brutal as expected.

Ramsay's death was what a lot of people wanted - very painful! Beaten to a pulp then fed to the dogs - that scene with the dog staring at Ramsay's face - I found that hard to watch.

Kevin has the review up on COW:

Game of Thrones S06E09: The Battle of the Bastards – The battle for Winterfell is both won and lost in a typically brilliant 9th episode.

Trailer for episode #10:

Guest paidimartinez

Trailer looks good.

That was unbelievable, the only thing that took from it was the fact that the show has become so predictable. Even casual show watchers who usually can't tell Roose Bolton's bald head from Stannis Baratheon's were calling that outcome months ago.

It was great seeing the Stark banner being hoisted at the end. But I would have felt better if the episode ended with Jon back handing Sansa in the face for being a liar and an idiot :info7:

How many lives did she waste by keeping that secret from Jon?

Tyrion giving Dany a history lesson is obviously a set up for what Cersei is planning next week (yes, there are people who watch this show and wouldn't remember what wildfire is).

Even though our friends won, it's a sad day for the Parish when the Umbers and the Starks fight each other.

Guest paidimartinez
I loved that Lady Mormont was right there when sh*t was going down. She's immediately jumped to the top of my favourite characters list! :lol:

Did you notice the shield Jon used to block the arrows from Ramsey had a Mormont bear on it? So one of those 60 odd Bear Island lads was bad ass enough to fight his way into the castle.

Did you notice the shield Jon used to block the arrows from Ramsey had a Mormont bear on it? So one of those 60 odd Bear Island lads was bad ass enough to fight his way into the castle.

I've got head canon that the guys who first stormed the gate at Winterfell with Jon, Tormund and the giant, were the 62 badasses from House Mormont! :lol

Guest paidimartinez
I've got head canon that the guys who first stormed the gate at Winterfell with Jon, Tormund and the giant, were the 62 badasses from House Mormont! :lol:

Unless some Bear Islander visited Ned years ago and just happened to forget his shield :laugh:

Some men they are! We'll surely get the fallout from Sansa going behind Jon's back this week?

I read that they left out Ghost because it came down to a decision between him or the giant due to financial constraints. I suppose he'd be an easy target in a battle anyway. Liam Cunningham tried to pawn it off that it was a tactical decision by Jon Snow.