Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

FWA/ROH

Guest TsuMirren

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by TsuMirren

The UKFF aren't going to cause problems, it was just Draven being a tit...and I make no apologies for saying that, especially as posting that there may be trouble is the sort of thing that will cause trouble. If it's a private joke, then it's very private...because nobody else seems to give a crap.

Doug is missing because his first tour of Japan ends on Friday.

Cheers for clearing it up Kenny :xyx

Edited by Cactus Jack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SiMania
Originally posted by TVV

how is the FWAs fault??? it was Corino that decided he didn't want to work the event

They were the one's who announced him and I bought a ticket thinking he'd be there, the whole organisation of the event has been a shambles

Guest Verb
SCW promoted a whole load of guys on their first show...did they turn up??...Corino in theory no-showed, FWA had to keep emailing him for a reply. This is indy wrestling Si, shit happens, people aren't tied down to contracts.

Originally posted by TsuMirren

The UKFF aren't going to cause problems, it was just Draven being a tit...and I make no apologies for saying that, especially as posting that there may be trouble is the sort of thing that will cause trouble. If it's a private joke, then it's very private...because nobody else seems to give a crap.

Nor do I apologise for saying what I said :). I was merely playing along with the previous posts. I could serious give no sh*ts what happens between TWO and UKFF, whether a big riot starts or you all book a hotel and partake in a huge orgy. S'all good in the end, because you'll all there for the same cause... to see british wrestling take its next step by bringing in american guys to fight against, and make more money and provide a night of top entertainment.

If what I said causes trouble, then MAYBE I will be sorry (actually, no I won't), but then I doubt the "childish" little comments from a Ribena drinking 15 year old still learning his ABC's would make a big gigantic difference.

Please do feel free to add some witty remark round about now.. hey, why not tell the world how much me and Nicole go together.. you love digging that gem up... I won't reply whatever. You get the final word, my friend. All down to you :)

Guest MillionLiraMan
Originally posted by draVen

If what I said causes trouble, then MAYBE I will be sorry (actually, no I won't), but then I doubt the "childish" little comments from a Ribena drinking 15 year old still learning his ABC's would make a big gigantic difference.

*Hopes dra is not dissing Ribena, otherwise will start up TWO and UKFF campaign to kick his ass :D*

Now now children, calm down please. Can't we all just get along? I hope the event is a big success, and if there is any trouble to be had it should be expected to come from at the most a handful of dickheads rather than people who genuinely represent wrestling communities that are supposed to attend these events with the same pupose in mind, enjoying the wrestling.

Now shake hands you two and off you go.

Guest Peter K

The reason I didn't tell UKFF straight away as I view them as a community full of idiots and they excessively swear and flame other members.

I thought if UKFF saw TWO at the FWA/ROH they might diss and mouth off at TWO.

Please understand that I was worried about the safety of TWO members attendancing the FWA show thats all

Thank you:xyx

Guest Verb

UKFF and TWO have a friendly rivalry going, besides most of the UKFF don't know this place exists.

The only time they flame is if someone acts stupid or they don't read the rules.

Guest TsuMirren
Originally posted by TVV

SCW promoted a whole load of guys on their first show...did they turn up??...Corino in theory no-showed, FWA had to keep emailing him for a reply. This is indy wrestling Si, shit happens, people aren't tied down to contracts.

It's quite ironic that most who pulled out were FWA guys. :) These guys were all off the card and not being promoted within enough time as to be reasonable.

Anyone else who no-showed was so far from being a draw it's just not real. Infact, I doubt anyone bought a ticket on the strength of the main no-show being on the show. We actually only had one proper no-show, with everyone else at least contacting me and trying to work things out beforehand...thus allowing me to work around it and book a replacement main event and other things.

This all just brings up the question of the working agreement itself. It was announed before January, so the guys from RoH should have been booked for May 17th and absolutely told that they had to work that date...seems all the booking was still being done with a fortnight to go. Also, why the hell are the FWA having to do the e-mailing if it's a proper working agreement? Surely RoH should be controlling that, as they're in contact with the American based guys and can talk to them more readily than Alex, Mark or Elisar ever could.

It really does put the UK scene in a rather bad light when guys like Red or Corino are seemingly giving the runaround...there's also a touch of the Hewson's about things with people being announced with no confirmation etc etc etc.

Hence, you can see why people would blame the FWA and why they would be disappointed.

Guest MillionLiraMan
Originally posted by draVen

Well if I was, I'd have no reason for the 6 or 7 crates of Ribena in my cupboard :D

:xyx Damn there isn't a saluting smiley but in any case I salute you sir!

*Goes downstairs to get another Um Bongo*

Guest SiMania
Originally posted by TVV

It doesn't mean I can't get annoyed when my favourite Indy wrestler gets booked for a show then gets pulled off it, if I turned up and there were no ROH guys then would you still be saying "This is indy wrestling Si, shit happens, people aren't tied down to contracts"?????

And if the only way they can get in touch with one of their top draws is by e-mail then it backs up the unproffesionality aspect of the whole setup. I want the show to be good, I'm not saying these things to be spiteful, but things like this and Alex Shane's wee column do nothing to convince me that the FWA is bringing British wrestling forward.

Edited by SiMania

Guest RazorRoss

Can anyone help me with what could be a slight hitch in my FOH plans?

I booked the tickets just tonight (Thursday), and selected to collect my ticket at the box office. My mum booked them with her card as I don't have a credit card......after booking them it comes up that the card-holder must collect the tickets-and my mum is away that weekend.....anybody know what I should do??

Guest Verb

Elisar has informed people on the UKFF that although Ticketmaster rules say that the cardholder must be present, Elisar has made ticketmaster agree that if someone brings along their parents credit card they will be able to have their tickets..

..So now all you have to do is get your Mum to trust you with her credit card

Guest Goldy
I had the exact same problem, it's a nightmare because i had to cancel my tickets and now i have to buy on the door just hope theres plenty of tickets left. Thing is Ticketmaster still took the money out and it won't go back into the bank for four days and their phones permanently engaged. ( i would use the angry smiley if i new what it was! :D )

Guest TsuMirren

Hi Goldy,

If you're stuck, it turns out that we might have a spare. I'll know later today, so I'll either post on here or tell Verb...who spends all day smarking out online and getting moister by the second.

:)

Guest The Amence One
Originally posted by TVV

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

LOL

I'm proberly really sad for laughing at that, but, what the hey! :D

Oh, and I know who you are too.... ;)

Guest A.C.

Okay, my mates all suck so I'm travelling up to London on my own: "Oh, I've got to babysit"; "I'm having an operation,"; "Sorry, I'm just too damned lazy" etc...

So, has a meet n greet location been arranged yet for the TWO massive?:?

Guest fujiwara

OOHH Yea I just booked my tickets.

I can't wait for this. Its going to be great. It's actually my first live wrestling event apart from this one crappy one a few years ago, in which the infamous legend John Tenta wrestled not once but twice *shudders* . Need I say more? Plus The immortal Bushwhackers!!!! What a night that was!!!!

I'm so excited.

Guest TsuMirren
Originally posted by AC1D CHR1ST

Okay, my mates all suck so I'm travelling up to London on my own: "Oh, I've got to babysit"; "I'm having an operation,"; "Sorry, I'm just too damned lazy" etc...

So, has a meet n greet location been arranged yet for the TWO massive?:?

Hmmm, travelling alone....do you have a ticket yet? He asks, as he has a balcony one spare.