Fan Clubs (beta)

The Super Mega Off-Topic Thread!

worm

5 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

We've been doing way too much fast food, and not enough tacos, during the move. It's unpacking day, though! 🙌

Awesomeeee!! Unpacking day, let's go! 📤

One feeling I love is having the house in order, and when you unpack is the perfect moment to set things up the way you like them.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, worm said:

Awesomeeee!! Unpacking day, let's go! 📤

One feeling I love is having the house in order, and when you unpack is the perfect moment to set things up the way you like them.

I love putting it together, but getting all the small boxes in places feels like it takes FOREVER.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Feels like we're settling in much quicker than I could've imagined. I have a 5 and 3-year-old, and just registered my 5-year-old for Kindergarten this morning.

200.gif?cid=de9db187t5r8ul4vy6oqag4g8dn7

Awesome! They are going to be fine 🙂

Speaking of settling in, it's been 2 months since I started working in this new company, and I feel so dumb already. I know it takes time, more than 2 months to fully grasp a new job but I feel so incompetent. I hope I can do this, it's a great job and I don't want to mess it up!

3 hours ago, worm said:

Awesome! They are going to be fine 🙂

Speaking of settling in, it's been 2 months since I started working in this new company, and I feel so dumb already. I know it takes time, more than 2 months to fully grasp a new job but I feel so incompetent. I hope I can do this, it's a great job and I don't want to mess it up!

Has anyone shown concern over how you're progressing? If not, I wouldn't be concerned. With time, I'm sure it'll be second nature.

2 months isn't a very long time for starting a new role. A probation period is generally 90 days from my experience. At that point you should be competent enough to get the leash loosened if it isn't already.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:56 AM, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Has anyone shown concern over how you're progressing? If not, I wouldn't be concerned. With time, I'm sure it'll be second nature.

2 months isn't a very long time for starting a new role. A probation period is generally 90 days from my experience. At that point you should be competent enough to get the leash loosened if it isn't already.

Thanks Motor! I should stop worrying and just do my job at the best of my ability!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/8/2024 at 8:24 AM, worm said:

Pet the mod or get bitten!!!

He is super cute, but I can't say more, otherwise he will think I'm trying to bribe the autorities..

He's a lover, not a biter. 🐕

He's also a sucker for bribes. Mozzarella string cheese or little pieces of hot dogs work well 😉