Who screwed who?

Guest Ed_666

Who screwed who?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who screwed who?

• Vince screwed Bret
    • Bret screwed Bret

Originally posted by Ed_666

If HHH said he'd not job in the USA, what would people say?

1) HHH isn't about to leave for a rival company.

2) If it was HHH's last match and he was given creative control, theres **** all anyone can do about it.

3) WWE visits Canada not very often.

4) If he were to say it, they'd most likely say "well whats new?".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tazzy13

bret hart needs to get a life

How the hell can u say Bret needs to get a life he's not the one who keep's using the damn thing to get heat like Shawn does.

Originally posted by tazzy13

bret hart needs to get a life

How the hell can u say Bret needs to get a life he's not the one who keep's using the damn thing to get heat like Shawn does.

Guest Ed_666
Originally posted by Sharpshooter121

Because Shawn is using it at a WRESTLING show, in a wrestling context. The show is about wrestling, and they're refering to to a wrestling match. Just because it had a shoot ending doesn't mean they can't mention it ever again, does it?

It was one of the most well-known moments in wrestling history, why shouldn't they mention it?

Bret put Vince in a situation where he could either screw Bret, or hope his whole company wasn't ruined. Personally I wouldn't have taken that chance just to appease someone's ego.

Ed

Loving the way this is going round in circles now :P

Interesting point for you all: by law (in Scotland anyway), in defining an ambigious term in a contract, the court will always take the definition that does not benefit the person trying to enforce it. Take that for what its worth!

I don't think theres any getting round the fact that Bret had to drop the belt though... I mean put yourself in McMahons smelly shoes... some guy is leaving your company to a rival and he's telling you he isnt going to drop the belt just before he joins that rival.

Like I keep saying, Bret should have dropped the belt, but Vince did NOT need to screw Bret the way he did. To say he did just doesnt make sense, and there's no justifying it.

I suppose when it comes down to it, we should really all just read my article and be done with it :D

Guest Ed_666
Originally posted by Simon

I don't think theres any getting round the fact that Bret had to drop the belt though... I mean put yourself in McMahons smelly shoes... some guy is leaving your company to a rival and he's telling you he isnt going to drop the belt just before he joins that rival.

Like I keep saying, Bret should have dropped the belt, but Vince did NOT need to screw Bret the way he did. To say he did just doesnt make sense, and there's no justifying it.

Exactly, it was Bret who put Vince in the situation, not the other way around.

Although you say he didn't have to screw Bret, that's assuming Bret and/or Bischoff kept their words. What if they didn't?

The only way to GUARANTEE that Bret would drop the belt before he became a WCW wrestler was to screw him. Anything else would have relied on Bret doing the right thing. But since the right thing would have been to just drop it to Shawn at SS anyway, who's to say he wouldn't have another attack of ego and want to "go out on top"? Or maybe Bischoff would have forced him to do something once he was under contract.

Vince HAD to screw him because it was the only way he could be 100% sure he'd drop the belt.

Originally posted by Simon

I suppose when it comes down to it, we should really all just read my article and be done with it :D

Do you get paid for these plugs or what? :P

Ed

Edited by Ed_666

I think this could go on forever were all gonna have a different opinion on who was right. I dont think we will ever know the whole truth just peoples sides of the story. Shall we just leave it at that?

Indeed! Though a sit down discussion beforehand with Vince saying 'I will NOT let you leave with the belt no matter what Bret' may have avoided the whole thing I still believe. Still, Bret was being a tit, but so was Shawn, so they were never going to solve anything.

Kinda like this debate :)

Guest Ed_666

Oh ok.

I was tring to do it for effect, so it would look like I really meant, rather than spotting in the same message I was joking.

Noted for future reference though.

Ed

Guest Rikidozan
Jesus, have we not astablished that Bret was going to drop the title?...he just didn't want to lose cleanly on an international PPV to Shawn Micheals of all people. If he HAD dropped the title to Micheals at S.Series, he'd have been burried so much until he left for WCW.

Guest Ed_666
Originally posted by Rikidozan

Jesus, have we not astablished that Bret was going to drop the title?...he just didn't want to lose cleanly on an international PPV to Shawn Micheals of all people. If he HAD dropped the title to Micheals at S.Series, he'd have been burried so much until he left for WCW.

Bret was only going to drop the title either on TV or at a house show, his contract ran out well before the next PPV was scheduled. In fact some of the dates he offered to drop the title on were AFTER his contract had expired, but Bischoff had said he'd allow him to wrestle again to drop the title.

But for all we know Bischoff might have gone back on his word and enforced the contract.

Apart from all of that, why should the title change hands on a TV show?

Bret refusing to drop the title was completely unprofessional regardless of what country he was in, and who his chosen oppenent was. If you're the champ and it's your last PPV you drop the title and that's the end of it.

Vince did what he had to do to safeguard his company, otherwise there might not even be a WWE today. Bret's only factor was his ego, which is wrong.

Ed

I think I remember reading somewhere that at the time Bischoff could have persuaded any of his stars into doing anything.

I really don't think if I was in Vince McMahon's shoes I would have trusted Bischoff.

I'm still not saying Vince was right to do what he did though :P