Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2k15

King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having it delayed hopefully means it's not just a slightly revamped version of the year before as has been the case for the last number of years.

Sure, the Attitude Era mode and WrestleMania mode from last year were great, but the actual game mechanics and move animations have been practically the same for at least the last 8yrs+.

Guest Foil1212

1) I think it needs the extra time since 2K probably wants to make it a better game.

2) Who's to say 'Mania hype won't do as well or better for a wrestling game? Not a whole lot comes out around that time, and there are plenty of people who don't get into wrestling each year until the Royal Rumble and might miss the game due to timing.

Guest fattyfudge
As long as they keep WWE Universe mode, I'm cool, and if a pushed back release date means we get an overall better game in looks and engine, then I'm definitely happy to wait

Looks like this has been pushed back till March 2015 to coincide with WrestleMania 31.
This is from the official WWE 2K Facebook page.

"Get Ready: WWE 2K15 launches on October 28, internationally on October 31 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

To be fair, 2K will have had at least 18mths to work on their own improvements and they will have had to work on the PS4 / XBOne editions from scratch, so I'm not too worried.

I'm interested in what the career mode will be this time out though, with my hopes being that there will be an NXT element and / or some kind of WCW history element.

To be fair, 2K will have had at least 18mths to work on their own improvements and they will have had to work on the PS4 / XBOne editions from scratch, so I'm not too worried.

Doubtful. The regular team behind the yearly installments are pretty much still working from the original Yukes engine that's been around since the PS1 days, like a huge game of Jenga, with more and more being put on top each year (and some taken out.) I'm fully expecting to see the same engine with improved graphics (I'm PRAYING for improved graphics.)

I'd really love there to be a proper career. Make your guy, send him to NXT and work your way up from there.

That could be great.

This would be fantastic. It would remind me partly of Day of Reckoning, where you'd start out on the house shows before making it to Heat/Velocity and then working your way up from there (in the confines of a story) and partly of I think Smackdown 4 (Could be 5) where if your superstar rating was under 60, you'd automatically be demoted to Heat/Velocity until you got your rating up. That was actually really cool.

Guest Vanillascooper
As long as it feels "New" I will be ok with it. Im hoping for a Deeper Universe/GM mode. Also I hate Duplicate Wrestlers. Just make them different outfits. I don't need 5 versions of John Cena.

As long as it feels "New" I will be ok with it. Im hoping for a Deeper Universe/GM mode. Also I hate Duplicate Wrestlers. Just make them different outfits. I don't need 5 versions of John Cena.

Different attires against duplicates depends on the wrestler. For example, for the past few years we've had 2 Cenas, which is necessary because of them having different entrances and different taunts. Same with Hogan/Hollywood Hogan. They haven't implemented anything that says, they can have two different gimmicks on the same superstar slot. Not alternate entrances/movesets. It is possible, as King of Colosseum 2 had multiple attires attached to multiple movesets, maybe entrances too but I'm not 100% on that.

This would be fantastic. It would remind me partly of Day of Reckoning, where you'd start out on the house shows before making it to Heat/Velocity and then working your way up from there (in the confines of a story) and partly of I think Smackdown 4 (Could be 5) where if your superstar rating was under 60, you'd automatically be demoted to Heat/Velocity until you got your rating up. That was actually really cool.

Wasn't it the first Day Of Reckoning on the GameCube the one were you had to choose between Raw and Smackdown and when you did you were given a try out match? If you chose Raw you had to fight Ric Flair and if you chose Smackdown it was the Big Show? And even if you went out of the ring, reversed everything, hit about twelve finishers, landed one in the ring and pinned them they still kicked out at like one, got up and pinned your ass?

Still a great underrated game though.

Wasn't it the first Day Of Reckoning on the GameCube the one were you had to choose between Raw and Smackdown and when you did you were given a try out match? If you chose Raw you had to fight Ric Flair and if you chose Smackdown it was the Big Show? And even if you went out of the ring, reversed everything, hit about twelve finishers, landed one in the ring and pinned them they still kicked out at like one, got up and pinned your ass?

Still a great underrated game though.

Yep. Although, the early matches weren't so bad. It's the multi-man stuff that REALLY pissed me off hardcore. I broke my Gamecube controller, went out to buy a new one which I couldn't because it was a time between the end of the Gamecube and the advent of the Wii (with Gamecube controller addons), so I had to buy a new Gamecube just for the controller.

EDIT: I also really f*cking hated the last match of the story. It was an iron man match against either HHH (Raw) or Undertaker (Smackdown), and the AI was so ridiculously f*cking cheap, it was unreal. Not Tekken/Street Fighter/Etc final boss cheap, but cheap enough to really frustrate you.

Guest sanJmaru
I'd rather wait a long time for a good game, then a short time for a slightly-improved version of last year's game.

Yeah it was cheap on par with Taker in the Beat The Streak mode in WWE2K14.

Really bloody good create a wrestler though - it had the Sterness Dust! No game has had that since that has been released in the UK.

If you have a PS3, create an alt account for the American store and pick up Fire Pro Returns. Move set heeeeeaven.