Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2k15

King

So I noticed the rating has "use of tobacco" as one of the warnings.

I'm guessing that means we either get Sandman (with a proper ECW entrance), or they're gonna include R-Truth going crazy in the UK and sparking up a ciggy at ringside?

I can't think of anything else that involves use of tobacco for them to have to warn about?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Zayn confirmed? I saw no sign in that video
At around 1:10, you see a wireframe version of the Yoshi Tonic powerbomb counter he does and to the left of that, you see a list of code with his surname included.
So I noticed the rating has "use of tobacco" as one of the warnings.

I'm guessing that means we either get Sandman (with a proper ECW entrance), or they're gonna include R-Truth going crazy in the UK and sparking up a ciggy at ringside?

I can't think of anything else that involves use of tobacco for them to have to warn about?

Skinner and heel Bikertaker both used chewing tobacco.

Also could be a Jesse Ventura-as-Blaine alternate attire. :lol

EDIT - I forgot to mention it earlier, but they've also motion-captured the belts, which is an incredible attention-to-detail thing to do.

Edited by DC

I've just stumbled across this:

The Making of WWE 2K15 - Episode 1: A New Generation of Wrestling

[video=youtube;djkXb1WAiKU]

So did I. :lol

A behind-the-scenes look at the game (and with this being episode one, I expect the footage to be much more frequent going forward).

[video=youtube_share;fnxqG25r_io]

Sami Zayn is definitely in the game, which bodes well for there being a number of NXT roster members making the cut. Johnny Ace is in most likely for the CM Punk v Cena rivalry and Jimmy Hart is in there too.

Cesaro appears to have an upgraded moveset too.

Guest bigmatt
So did I. :lol

The video I posted was uploaded by WWE 2K themselves on the 2nd September and as the last post in this thread was 3oth August, I assumed it hadn't been posted. But it looks like IGN uploaded it first and you linked to that. So, yeah.

Some stuff from people who've tested the game out. These guys are big deals in the WWE 2K fan community. Excuse the ItsMyYard fella, he's generally a tool.

[video=youtube;Bix1J3OFeeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bix1J3OFeeE

[video=youtube;wnViJkIPMdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnViJkIPMdo

Again, I'm really hyped for this game. Sounds really cool.

EDIT: After watching the second video, most of those skills aren't new, but seem to be there for greater AI logic control, so you don't see out of character actions like Zack Ryder removing turnbuckle pads or Big Show climbing to the top rope (Even if Show has done so in the past.)

Edited by ViciousPrism

Another new video this time featuring crawling into pinfall, new RKO and a new Attitude Adjustment.

[video=youtube;cLQkpl2A4kk]

I'd like to assume the slow and sluggishness is the new stamina system in motion rather than in-engine slowdown. Apparently you have to be more tactical with your moves instead of all guns blazing.

We have the achievements list!

http://www.exophase.com/game/wwe-2k15-xbox-360/achievements/

Looks like we'll be getting Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn at the very least this year, Ultimate Warrior and The Rock. Undertaker's Mania 30 attire is in too, but we kinda expected that anyway.

Still waiting on the next gen achievement list though.

EDIT: Here, have some last gen screenshots.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81l6t5hccWL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91uoZnsrAHL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81DTGd3kEyL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by ViciousPrism

Heh, knew you'd find at least one thing to say was shit from those pics. 2K aren't going to improve the graphics on the old gen that much, when new gen technology is about to (apparently) blow things out of the water. I say apparently because we haven't seen any screenshots of dudes with long hair. So far, though everything (bar the hair issue) looks pretty good.

As for the delay, slightly disappointed. What's weird is that the game has moved to the day that GTA 5 HD... (Or more HD than it is now) and Far Cry 4 are being released. This could be a mistake. Also, numerous people are pointing the finger at one Phillip Jack Brooks to blame for the delay, despite the fact that the last-gen version will be released on the original date, leading us to believe that Punk hasn't been removed at all. I'd like it if 2K worked with game retailers to promote a "Buy WWE 2K14 on 360/PS3 and pay £10/$10 to upgrade to Next-Gen" deal. Although it may be pretty pointless since you wouldn't be able to take over created content or saves.

There's only two theories that work in line with this delay, one is technical issues. In the off-screen footage, we've seen what appears to be great drops in frame rate, which would need to be addressed. The other is the custom soundtracks feature which isn't fully implemented on current gen consoles yet, and will probably drop on November 1st if rumours are to be believed. However, you'd imagine that the latter could just be patched in, since most games have a day 1 patch anyway. Ah well.

Edited by ViciousPrism

Guest John Hancock
The game on PS4 and XB1 have been pushed back a month. Hair still looks shit, I hope its better on next gen. Tired of the stiff hair.

That stupid paper-mache long hair is the one thing games have never really been able to deal with.

Guest The Beltster
The remastered Tomb Raider on PS4/XB1 did a relatively decent job with the hair, not great by any stretch but not WWE-games level of wretched. Hopefully 2K can get it looking better on next gen, the hair is so off putting.

Here is the ESRB's summary of the game in relation to the rating *(T for Teen) they gave.

“This is a wrestling simulation game in which players can select real-world competitors from the WWE roster, compete in matches, and progress through multiple storylines. Players can perform a variety of wrestling moves (e.g., holds, grapples, throws) as well as punch and kick opponents. Some matches allow players to use chairs, tables, and sledgehammers to strike opponents. Blood sometimes appears on wrestlers’ faces after being struck by these objects; video sequences also depict blood on wrestlers’ faces. Female wrestlers are depicted with exaggerated-size breasts or in outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage; some women also make provocative gestures/taunting moves (e.g., pelvic thrusts, shaking buttocks in an opponent’s face). During the course of the game, video footage depicts two characters smoking cigars; fan signs and dialogue sometimes references alcohol (e.g., “Beer Me”; “Stone Cold loves two things in life—stompin’ mudholes and celebrating with cold beer;” “I don’t think he’s coming down to share a beer with anybody.”). The word “a*s” appears in dialogue.”

Wrestling games, as well as wrestling as a product on television, should be marked as T for Teen in my opinion or whatever the equivalent is for a 12A in the cinemas.

Kids watching wrestling alone can be idiots, kids watching wrestling with an adult to teach them to respect the athletic ability involved as well as the risks are far less likely to be idiotic, speaking as a kid who watched wrestling alone who then went on and did some silly things.

But that's for the blood and such - a teen rating with cleavage based anywhere near in decision making process is a bit silly. How deep does the cleave need to be to warrant a T?

Guest The Beltster
I used to watch wrestling alone or with my mates from the age of 4 onwards, we had matches in the garden etc, never did us any harm. Idiots are going to be idiots regardless.

Guest The Beltster

Just watched the game play trailer on IGN...sigh

Look, I know everybody desperately wants to believe this is going to be some vast improvement but lets talk reality here, graphics-wise it looks no better than 2K14 on PS3, maybe some better lighting effects etc but whatever. The hair still looks like pure shit, the animations look the same on alot of the moves, the mid-to-bottom card guys look awful.

This just looks like exactly what we should have all known it was going to be: a roster update from last year with a bit more polish, nothing more, nothing less.

Guest John Hancock
Graphically, I actually think it looks pretty great. Long hair still looks like complete shit though. Hopefully it'll be motivation for wrestling to stop rocking the 1993 long hair anyway.

Guest The Beltster
[video=youtube;aTmXBBj6PMQ]

I'm not even going to get into this debate until I've seen actual gameplay footage, and not off screen stuff either.

You dont think that video makes it pretty clear what it looks like?