Fan Clubs | beta

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DC

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Have to agree about Sabretooth, not liking his look as much as his first outing in the X-Men films but the film still looks awesome from the trailers thus far! Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I couldn't see Deadpool in that trailer? Well not the Deadpool I'm used to anyways?
Deadpool has appeared unmasked and un maimed in the trailers so far but still wearing red and wielding his swords.
Deadpool didn't start out wearing the mask and bodysuit, so there is a chance he'll end up with it in the end.

This was taken from an interview over on IESB.Net:

IESB: So, we get teased in the Wolverine trailer with Deadpool, he's a fan favorite, another second tier Iron Man-like character, and Ryan Reynolds has been dying to play this guy for years and I think that's why he even did the cameo because he wants a stand alone film. Any movement there?

TR: Yes and no, I mean, Deadpool is an integral part of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we are in the process now, of doing all the CG work to create that character at an A +++ level, that's being done in truly as state of the art fashion as possible...

IESB: Scarring and all?

TR: It will be very rewarding for the fans, let's put it that way. It's a high level endeavor because he figures importantly in the movie, so whether he'll spin off into his own movie, if that's what you're asking, I don't know the answer. We will have to see.

From the context of the answers, it does appear that Deadpool ends the movie in his more well-known state.

One minor criticism... again.

I really don't like how Sabretooth looks at all. He looks like one of the Thundercats, and he's way too small.

The character of Victor Creed appears to have been caught perfectly by Liev Schrieber and, with this being set around 20yrs before the first X-Men movie, there's still time for him to grow his hair out. Edited by DC

Guest John Hancock

The character of Victor Creed appears to have been caught perfectly by Liev Schrieberand, with this being set around 20yrs before the first X-Men movie, there's still time for him to grow his hair out.

I'll let the hair go, but from what I could see in the trailer, Sabretooth looked smaller than Wolverine. It took me up until X-Men 2 to get over Wolverine not being short, so Sabretooth not being all hench and tall is a disappointment.

But you're right about Schrieberand, I don't know too much about him in this film, but he's been very good in quite a few other films.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Yes I have got the leaked film and watched it a few times, waiting for the fully finished one to be released as I sooo want to see it on the big screen now I have seen how great it is unfinished

The leaked one has scenes missing, little, if any, CGI and the wires holding the actors still visible.

Why anyone would want to watch that over waiting a month to see it on a cinema screen, I don't know.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
There is quite a bit of CGI in the leaked copy DC but about 30 mins are missing from it and like you say there is some wires holding people up from time to time, but it did give you a really good feeling for the film and really pumped me up for seeing the fully finished movie on the big screen

Guest MojoPogo
Gotta tell you. Im so psyched about this, but i much prefer Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. Tyler Mane i thought sucked, apart from the physical presence, i'd much rather have someone who captured the essence of the character fully than someone who just looked the part. Also, i like to think that though some characters might be physically slightly different to what you might expect, remember its based on the comics, where there are always several threads/timelines that can be used, i think of it as another alternative thread. My one disappointment, no Maverick.

What I'm really excited about is the talk doing the rounds on the development of Deadpool over the course of the movie. For those worried about Ryan Reynolds pretty face being at odds with the visage from the comics... you have nothing to fear.

Guest Evil Monkey
What I'm really excited about is the talk doing the rounds on the development of Deadpool over the course of the movie. For those worried about Ryan Reynolds pretty face being at odds with the visage from the comics... you have nothing to fear.

Ryan Reynolds is an underated actor anyway - for me he made Blade Trinity. He should be cast in more things.

Ryan Reynolds is perfect for Deadpool, it was more that the die-hards were complaining about him not being all scarred and needing a mask because of the trailer and promotional shots.

Guest Evil Monkey
Ryan Reynolds is perfect for Deadpool, it was more that the die-hards were complaining about him not being all scarred and needing a mask because of the trailer and promotional shots.

Thats the problem with making a fan-boys film, they are never going to be happy. I sometimes think that the only thing in these people's lives that they are happy about is the internet - so they can use it to hurl abuse at whoever is making these films, regardless of how good the films actually are.

Thats the problem with making a fan-boys film, they are never going to be happy. I sometimes think that the only thing in these people's lives that they are happy about is the internet - so they can use it to hurl abuse at whoever is making these films, regardless of how good the films actually are.

I'm a fan boy, and I enjoy the films. I'm not always happy with the results, but I don't run off to Youtube to make a video and bash the f*cking thing.

I try not to compare the two.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I won't spoiler anything but when you see the movie (and I suspect there was more effects to be added to him too on the workdisk version I watched) he really does look the part when he is done up at the end as Deadpool and I think the fan boys will change their tune on him not needing a mask

I think the fan boys will change their tune on him not needing a mask

Not all fan boys are alike Nem. I thought Reynolds looked bad ass as Deadpool.

Just because someone IS a fan boy, doesn't mean they should automatically be labeled, held accountable, and grouped together with the idiots out there that take there comic books way to seriously.

I'm a fan boy all the way, but I don't act like that.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I was refering to the ones that DC said had been complaining while using fan boy as a blanket to hold them all in.

I could have probably worded it better but I wasn't meaning every fan of the comics / Deadpool character just the ones who had been complaining about the way he looks