Fan Clubs | beta

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Evil Monkey
I shall rephrase too - I didn't mean all fanboys, as I know that a lot of fanboys do not do as I have suggested, I am particularly referring to those that do. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Total Film are reporting that the film will have (at least) four different post-credit scenes depending on which cinema chain you watch it with.

One will feature Deadpool, but the others are unkown at the moment.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Bah! now I will have to wait until the DVD is out to see all 4, clever marketing though as i'm sure there is some uber fans out there who will see the film a couple of times in different cinemas to see the ending

Is today the previews of it or the official release? as on the ads I only ever see 28th April but not if its that date for the preview

Guest John Hancock
Has anyone seen any clips of Gambit talking? For total geek/fan boy reasons, I'm really interested in whether or not they've given him the full on Cajun accent.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Has anyone seen any clips of Gambit talking? For total geek/fan boy reasons, I'm really interested in whether or not they've given him the full on Cajun accent.
I have seen the work print of it and I wouldn't say he is full Cajun from what I remmeber of him speaking, just a slight accent about him more then anything

From Digital Spy:

Jackman buys 'Wolverine' fans breakfast

Friday, May 1 2009, 18:58 BST

By Tim Parks

Hugh Jackman has supplied US Wolverine fans with over $4,000 (£2,685) worth of food and drinks.

The actor bought 67 breakfast trays and 80 gallons of coffee for patrons waiting in line to see the premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, according to TMZ.

Jackman treated over 800 movie-goers who camped out in the queue to see the latest instalment of the mutant superhero franchise a day before it opened in Tempe, Arizona on Monday.

He purchased the provisions, which consisted of bagels, croissants and muffins, at the Paradise Bakery late on Sunday after he heard that fans were planning to stay overnight to see the film.

Nice gesture from Hugh there!

Oh man, such a good film. I'm not a 'comic book geek' so DC will give a better account (and i'm not gonna do the spoilery thing) but it was awesome. Gambit is delicious, I didn't notice the accent though but I was distracted by the hotness of him.

I will say one thing-about 4 kids left with their parents before the start credits had even finished. I don't know what the parents were thinking it would be but they didn't come back! Some parents assume a 12A is all happy and jolly but some of them really aren't. A comic book film doesn't mean it will be for kids!!!

I was impressed by the movie and some of the touches, although there are also some things I had problems with. I'll be reviewing the movie for the newsletter, so I'll go into details with that.

Guest Reno

I thought the film was alright, nothing too special. Some of the action was nice.

There's been better Marvel films.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I am just counting my pennies to see if I can afford to go to the cinema to see the finish film some time this week. The work print really wet my appitite to see it on the big screen when finished but not sure if I can afford it, will see it one way or another though as I though it was a superb film personally

I was underwhelmed by some of it and super-excited by others. I did, however, read a very good comment on IMDb in regards to those complaing that there wasn't enough Gambit, Deadpool, etc and that was to remember that this was a Wolverine movie.

Further to the news that there would be at least four post-credit endings to the film, it seems that there may only be two. Now, for those who don't want to know, avoid the spoilers below like the plague... or Swine Flu ... or Armageddon Flu (look it up).

The first ending, the one I saw in the cinema, finds Wolverine in Japan, hinting that the next movie will be set there. This is a good thing; a lot of great Wolverine stories can come from there.

The second, which I saw online, is much better of the two. In it, Deadpool's hand reaches out for his severed head, then THE EYES OF THE HEAD OPEN AND DEADPOOL GOES "SSSHH!" TO THE AUDIENCE!!!

Even in the movies, he BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL!!!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
The Deadpool ending spoiler is the one I would much prefer to see in the cinema should I manage to go see it, that actually sounds like a really good finish to the film once the credits are over

Guest Reno

I read about that second scene, but I didn't know that...

They'd actually have Deadpool breaking the fourth wall in the films, as much as I wanted it to happen. This makes me VERY happy!

Guest John Hancock

The Japan stuff would be really cool. There's a lot of potential for X-men we've never seen before in that storyline, like Mariko Yashida, the Silver Samuri and Sunfire.

If they wanted to take a few liberties with the original story line, but still wanted to keep things Asian, they could even throw in Jubilee.

And the Deadpool thing is just awesome.

And the Deadpool thing is just awesome.
Whether they keep it for the mooted stand-alone movie is unknown (although plenty of movies have been successful

and broken the fourth wall

- Ferris Bueller for one), but it was so cool and such a brave thing to do with a movie of this ilk. On another note, it probably explains why he's so cocky and sure of himself, lol.

Edited by DC

I was reading an interview with Hugh Jackman today and realised he's been playing Wolverine for almost TEN YEARS now. Take a minute to let that sink in and wonder where the time has gone.

Guest John Hancock

No way! So I was still in primary school when X-Men came out?

That's mental.

EDIT: Just reread what you said, ALMOST ten years. At least I was in secondary school by then, which makes me feel slightly better. Still, I was only 12, which is pretty mad.

Edited by John Hancock