Fan Clubs | beta

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DC

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Also the new Magneto film will be made by Marval Studios with their own people writing the script and what not so they can work much closer to the original comics by having much greater info avaliable of the source material, the Spiderman movies were not made by Marval Studios, they sold the movie rights to another studio who did the story how they wanted much like HULK (the Ang Lee movie) wasn't made by Marval and was shit but The Incredible Hulk was made by Marval themselves and was awesome.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rights to the X-Men characters belong to 20th Century Fox, so any Magneto film will be under their banner, as will the mooted X-Men: First Class. Edited by DC

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I thought Marval Studios were the ones who made the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie not 20th Centry Fox but their name went on it because Marval sold the rights for the movies to them so had to give them a slice?

I am sure I read in a film mag ages ago that the rights to Marval characters will be comming back to them over time when the deals they made with other studios start running out

The rights will be coming back over time, but it's the last two words that are most important.

At the moment, Spider-Man is with Sony/Columbia, X-men (and all associated characters seen in those movies) are with Fox, Blade is with New Line, Punisher is with Lionsgate, Fantastic Four (and characters featured within) are with Fox, Daredevil is with Fox, etc.

Marvel have the rights to Hulk and Iron Man (and the characters who featured) as well as any character not yet seen on screen and/or hasn't been optioned prior to the studion coming into its own.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Ah right DC, I thought were we very near the point where the X-Men rights were reverting back to Marval and thus they were making them in the 'Origin' movies

Ah right DC, I thought were we very near the point where the X-Men rights were reverting back to Marval and thus they were making them in the 'Origin' movies
It's Marvel. :lol

The rights are going to revert back, but not for a while. Besides, Marvel have enough to be getting on with at the moment with Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, The Avengers and another (mooted) Hulk movie.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
It's Marvel. :lol

The rights are going to revert back, but not for a while. Besides, Marvel have enough to be getting on with at the moment with Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, The Avengers and another (mooted) Hulk movie.

I always put 'al' rarther then 'el' and have no idea why :lol

Indeed, and all of those movies I am loking forwards to greatly!!

Sam Mendes is also (subtlely) drumming up interest in Preacher. He's been talking about how John August is around half-way through writing the script and that he hopes shooting will begin soon after.

Guest devilsplaygirl
I'll keep saying this till the day I die. Gambit is the coolest mother****ing super hero ever.

:thumbsup

i compleatly agree, and here's hoping they do a film just about him

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
A Gambit movie would make £50million in its opening weekend just from women going to drool over him it seems :lol

Guest Thirteen
Watched a dodgy CGI version yesterday... Liked it so much I'm going to the cinema to watch the proper version later today.:)