Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random Fight News

Guest bigmatt

From The LA Times:

A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world’s best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today. The source, who asked not to be identified because he’s not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor “very civil” just days after Fedor’s scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

It's that time again, Dana White has called for a press conference and it's wait and see what happens. Fedor is in Cali though so it's safe to say the UFC has been in contact. Something big is going to go down at the presser Friday, what, who knows, but with Fedor out of work, Tito Ortiz back in the Dana White buisness, and the fact that this has been a crazy month for MMA, something has to happen.

I guess we'll find out friday!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
According to UFC president Dana White, once signed, Fedor will fight Brock Lesnar for the Heavyweight title in his debut. He claims Lesnar won't fight anyone else until he fights Fedor, and the same for Fedor with Lesnar. No tune-up fights for Fedor in the UFC, he'll come in straight against the champion.
Credit: Wrestlezone.com

I really hope this is what is announced on Friday because if its not with so much speculation, anything but will be a letdown

Guest The Beltster

Overeem has a chance of beating Fedor to be honest, its not like its 100% cert that Fedor is going to beat him. UFC would sign him in a heartbeat but he wouldnt pass a drugs test with the amount of gas he's been taking in the last 12 months.

Looks like the buyrate of UFC 100 is 1.72 million....if thats true, holy sh*t!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/oroman1026/fedordanagif.gif

Posted by Chad Edward on August 5th, 2009

Fighters.com’s tenth-ranked heavyweight “Pitbull” Andrei Arlovski (14-7) confessed to playing Russian roulette Wednesday night, a suicidal gamble during which a revolver is loaded with a single round, the cylinder spun, and then placed against the temple. The hopeless player pulls the trigger, chancing the bullet could end their life.

“First time I was 16, second time I was 30,” said the thirty-year old former UFC heavyweight champion. “It’s when you don’t care about anything.”

Arlovski was knocked out in 22 seconds by fourth-ranked “Grim” Brett Rogers (8-0) at Strikeforce in St. Louis 6 June after meeting the same end in the first round by Fighters.com Heavyweight Champion “Last Emperor” Fedor Emelianenko (29-1) at Affliction M-1 Global in Anaheim 24 January.

When quizzed about the perception of a “glass jaw”, Arlovski responded, “In the heavyweight division, it’s no joke. I wasn’t knocked out [by Rogers]. He just punch me and the referee stopped the fight. I was completely conscious. I think “Big” John McCarthy did a good job. Who knows. Who knows, maybe I come back. Perhaps he could punch me a couple more times and give me some injury.”

After his devastating second knockout loss, Arlovski returned to his native Belarus. “I talked to some priest. He read me a poem,” Arlovski related. He also spent couch time with a sports psychologist to the Russian Olympic wrestling team and communed with his family.

“I cried a lot after my fights, you know. When I lost to Fedor, I cried. When I lost to Rogers, I cried. You might be surprised, but I had tears alot in my last relationship,” Arlovski told, referencing his relationship with Playboy model Patricia Mikula.

“I want to box!” Arlovski announced his return to combat will be as a professional boxer at the end of September or beginning of October. “I definitely will continue to train with Freddie Roach.”

However, Arlovski indicated there was friction between his MMA trainers and Roach, a living legend in boxing.

“No more experiments,” Arlovski described his time with Roach training for MMA. “I have to come back to my old routines.” He announced that Roach will train him exclusively for boxing matches going forward.

Though he proclaimed, “I am an MMA fighter,” Arlovski’s MMA future is hazy. “I don’t want to make any predictions. I have a manager,” he said, noting that fighting in Japan, “would be real interesting for me, of course.”

Fighters.com » Andrei Arlovski Confesses Suicide Games After Losses to Fedor Emelianenko, Brett Rogers

Holy s**t!