Martial Arts

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Couture

Guest SuperKick Kid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt
whoever is champ, Couture vs Lesnar is something i'd pay too see!

You won't be alone there,you can debate the booking of this fight a lot but God would I pay good money to see it.

• 2 months later...
Guest The Beltster
Yeah I cant see Couture beating Brock to be honest, unless Brock makes a mistake like in the Mir fight, lapse in concentration or something. If Brock has his head on right, he will tire Randy down and then beat his head into oblivion.

i can't see it lasting long brock will fall and fast

Then you don't know much about MMA.

Randy won't be finishing anyone fast, especially a wrestler (his forte) that's bigger, stronger, and faster than he is. If Randy's winning this, it's on sheer determination and ring smarts, and more than likely late in the fight.

Guest Frank Botch

Weigh-in report from Meltzer

"It was a very different Brock Lesnar the past two days in Las Vegas.

You couldn't help but notice the worried look in his eyes at the weigh-in today, and the nervousness at yesterday's press conference.

While much smaller and 14 years older, Couture, a slight underdog as far as the gambling lines are concerned, looked noticeably more muscular of the two, something of a surprise, as well as seeming more confident.

But Lesnar did not look physically like the muscular gigantic near freak as he did in his previous two UFC appearances, let alone the monster from his tenure in WWE. Whether that's an injury in training that was kept quiet, or a training camp where he did less lifting weights and concentrated more on buliding stamina, which may be a major key in how the fight turns out, is unknown. But he was not as lean, nor as thick as usual. Lesnar was hovering all week between 265 and 270, so he did not cut much if any water weight and won't be going into the cage much over 265.

This was not the fire-breathing caged lion that went into two NCAA tournaments and three prior MMA fights. Whether it's a new level of pressure, or just an attempt to keep calm, is unknown. But it was a stark contrast to the always smiling Couture, raving about his training camp and conditioning without seeming like any of it is bluster. It's the highest profile event Couture has ever been in as well, but in other ways it's similar to the more than a dozen championship matches he's had over hte past 11 years."

Source:Wrestling Observer

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Not good news for Brock if his nerves are getting to him before the fight, the more nervous he is the more mistakes he will make and its exploiting mistakes that is Randy's best chance of beating Brock

Guest Frank Botch

The info we've been waiting for....the purse!!

The Nevada State Athletic Commission released financial figures showing that both Couture and Lesnar are guaranteed $250,000. Lesnar gets an extra $200,000 if victorious, while Couture would double his guaranteed money to $500,000 if he wins.Couture will also get a bonus based off of PPV buys.

Source:The Los Angeles Times

Couture's probably looking at close to a million if he wins(or more,that's just the figure going around)

Guest Dynamite Duane
I would put money on Lesnar to win going by his strength, size, speed and youth on his side but don't count out Couture he is known for overcoming the odds.

Guest The Beltster
Dont forget the PPV revenue they will recieve, I know Couture has picked up over $700,00 and $900,000 respectively for his last couple fights.

Dont forget the PPV revenue they will recieve, I know Couture has picked up over $700,00 and $900,000 respectively for his last couple fights.

Still, that's the biggest name in MMA making at most 2mil, with a chuck of that from revenue. Kelly Pavlik is a champion, but no main stream star, and unless he falls off something serious, will probably never fight for less than 4mil ever again.

Too many MMA fans don't realise Dana White, to the media, is for the large part a blitering idiot, assh*ole, and lives in hyperbole land. Many people would try to tell you to your face that UFC is killing boxing when it's just not the case.

Of all things related to combat, only wrestling's numbers have gone down. Dana should focus is ridiculous rants and dumb comments on them. It's a fight he could actually win.

Guest The Beltster
Still, that's the biggest name in MMA making at most 2mil, with a chuck of that from revenue. Kelly Pavlik is a champion, but no main stream star, and unless he falls off something serious, will probably never fight for less than 4mil ever again.

Nothing, fight-wise, will ever have the paydays of big name boxing main events regardless of whether they draw bigger numbers or not. I think MMA in some ways has made boxing a little more boring for me, but when it all comes down to it, they are two totally different sports and I dont think one will ever take the others fans.

Dana White is a retard.

Nothing, fight-wise, will ever have the paydays of big name boxing main events regardless of whether they draw bigger numbers or not. I think MMA in some ways has made boxing a little more boring for me, but when it all comes down to it, they are two totally different sports and I dont think one will ever take the others fans.

Dana White is a retard.

Which is truly reason why I don't like the UFC. I can't stand him, and the way he lives and draws his diehards into this fantasy land where they'll honestly believe someone like Chuck Lidell is the best fighter in the world. I can't stand it.

It's the reason I hope Nogeira wins this mini-tournament, and that Andre Arvloski gets his grill rearranged by Fedor if they ever do fight. Some guys in the UFC are boss status, yes, but the UFC fan eltism just wares on me and anyone who watched PRIDE.

On average, the fighters in PRIDE were better. Guys who consistently trained with outright legends and experts. Not 10 Americans dudes wrestling somewhere in the midwest.

Dana tries so hard to sell guys who have the right look as so much more than they really are.

And dareth anyone not verbally suck is dick, and automatically, they were always sh*tty fighters who he was just using

Guest The Beltster

White is no difference than McMahon in that he tries to brainwash people into thinking his way is the only way and if you speak out against it, you suck and all your accolades elsewhere dont mean jack sh*t. Its a screwed up mindset.

I dont like some of the fighters in the UFC, I liked some in PRIDE, sh*t even though it was obvious he sucked like hell, I liked Kimbo Slice. I'm not the type to buy into White's philosophy, I think the people who do and get pro-UFC defensive are close minded morons much the same way WWE fans get pro-WWE defensive and anything else sucks etc

Its sad really.

White is no difference than McMahon in that he tries to brainwash people into thinking his way is the only way and if you speak out against it, you suck and all your accolades elsewhere dont mean jack sh*t. Its a screwed up mindset.

I dont like some of the fighters in the UFC, I liked some in PRIDE, sh*t even though it was obvious he sucked like hell, I liked Kimbo Slice. I'm not the type to buy into White's philosophy, I think the people who do and get pro-UFC defensive are close minded morons much the same way WWE fans get pro-WWE defensive and anything else sucks etc

Its sad really.

Exactly man. It's kinda hilarious White is so openly anti-wrestling as if you have eyes it's plain to see he desperately wants to be Vince and is trying to convert wrestling fans with the way he operates.

UFC marks are just atrocious. Mirko comes to UFC, gets caught with a flash knockout (not the first time), and all of a sudden, he's a terrible fighter and Dana only signed him to prove how bad he was so he could destroy PRIDE. he's almost comedic.