Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Couture

Guest SuperKick Kid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to this one. I'll stick to the prediction I made a while back and go with Couture by submission. We saw his friend, Bernard Hopkins, in a very similar position several weeks ago, and I think Couture will also be able to turn the clocks back and use his mental advantages to negate his opponents' physical advantages.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Towards the end I liked Randy trapping Brock on the fence, trying for a takedown, and Brock just stood there, all "Bitch please."

Guest Dusty Finish

Managed to stay fully awake all night, despite having been at work all day, for the best UFC in quite some time. Yay, me.....

Quite the night for conclusive finishes. I'm a little surprised at the line of pre-fight thinking vis a vis Quarry- he's looked pretty ropey ever since his return, never had much of an evident ground game to start with, and Maia has serious BJJ credentials. Great performance from the Brazilian.

On the subject of ropey, Hendricks never looked comfortable. Mazagatti was a bit slow off the mark with the stoppage. Carwin or Velasquez next for "Napao", I reckon.

Dustin Hazelett is awesome. That is all.

Kenny Florian is improved tenfold from the fighter that lay beneath Sean Sherk for 5 rounds, and could well give BJ a run for his money. Thought Stevenson would've scored an early takedown were it not for that spot of fence-grabbing though.

Totally despondent, gutted, etc. right now at the result in the main. But I've been up for 25 hours straight, and I'm slightly drunk. Gave the first round to Lesnar, 10-9, by virtue of crisper shots from the clinch. I thought Couture's gameplan of working the exchanges into the fence and keeping everything short-range was beginning to bear fruit at the mid-point of the second after opening that cut over Lesnar's right eye, coupled with the fact that Lesnar was beginning to chase him (would've been a test of cardio had the fight gone into championship territory). My initial reaction was that the right which dropped Couture was merely glancing, and the hammerfists on the ground didn't appear particularly devastating on first view, but the close-ups of Randy's mush afterwards told a different story (obviously this is what occurs whe you've got 275lbs of beef behind such shots).

Honestly, love Randy and all, but permanent retirement surely beckons now, in order to preserve his legacy, as he clearly isn't beating Nogueria at this stage, has precious little to gain from fighting a Carwin, Velasquez or Dos Santos, and with perhaps 2 fights maximum left in him, a move down to the stacked 205 division would be pretty futile. Intrigued to see how Lesnar handles Minatauro now.

Prelims were fun, in the main- as already mentioned, absolutely phenomenal uppercut from Jeremy Stephens. Please tell me that Jorge Gurgel is now finished with the UFC.... about the same time Alessio Sakara rides off into the sunset, eh?

Guest The Beltster
In the first round it looked like Brock was blown up and in trouble already, but then all it takes is a lucky punch followed by a good hiding. Poor old Randy's head was playing ping pong with Brock's fist and the canvas.

I don't see Lesnar winning this one.

Couture all the way. The guy's just a freak, he's easily my fave UFC guy of all time.

nah, brock can't have this fight just yet. He will get mauled on the ground by Randy.

i can't see it lasting long brock will fall and fast

Mwhahahaha! Suckas! :P

In the first round it looked like Brock was blown up and in trouble already, but then all it takes is a lucky punch followed by a good hiding. Poor old Randy's head was playing ping pong with Brock's fist and the canvas.

Yeah Brock did look surprisingly gassed, but I dont think he looked in trouble other than that split second when Couture had his back.

Guest The Beltster

Somebody mentioned Brock/Fedor. Fedor, in my opinion, would eat Brock alive and spit him out. He is as big or bigger and just much better.

I think Brock looked in trouble when he was sucking wind and looking at the clock. Not in trouble that he was about to lose, but in trouble that he had no cardio and if it was a long fight, he would have had nothing left to hit Randy with.