Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Couture

Guest SuperKick Kid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for Cuban to get something going, he will be even worse than White...can you imagine? Jeez.

I dunno. I really like Mark Cuban. He's passionate about what he does. But, more importantly......

....he CUTS CHECKS!

He's done whatever it took to try and turn the traditionally terrible Maverick's franchise around. In the world of MMA, he'll have a host of the big name fighters who burned the UFC for money. Most importantly, he listens to fans, instead of telling them what to think. If we want Fedor (which we do), we'd get Fedor.

Dirt sheets are dirt sheets, but if we're to believe them, the leading issue that's stopped Fedor from being in the UFC, is that he wants his camp to get fight deals to. Cuban is the kind of guy who'd capitilize on that, and host an entire Russia v the World or USA or wtv show to makes sure he gets it done.

The last thing Dana wants to see is effectively a US based version of PRIDE. He's not making it rain on his boys

Guest The Beltster
I dunno. I really like Mark Cuban. He's passionate about what he does. But, more importantly......

....he CUTS CHECKS!

He's done whatever it took to try and turn the traditionally terrible Maverick's franchise around. In the world of MMA, he'll have a host of the big name fighters who burned the UFC for money. Most importantly, he listens to fans, instead of telling them what to think. If we want Fedor (which we do), we'd get Fedor.

Dirt sheets are dirt sheets, but if we're to believe them, the leading issue that's stopped Fedor from being in the UFC, is that he wants his camp to get fight deals to. Cuban is the kind of guy who'd capitilize on that, and host an entire Russia v the World or USA or wtv show to makes sure he gets it done.

The last thing Dana wants to see is effectively a US based version of PRIDE. He's not making it rain on his boys

Dont get me wrong, Cuban is a good guy, but he is such an unbearable excuse maker and whiner when things dont go his way. He is literally as huge mark with a ton of money that he likes to use to buy things he is a mark for, like an NBA franchise etc. He is in the position we all want to be in. I'd LOVE to buy the Orlando Magic, and if they lost I'd be acting like the stereotypical sports mark for my team no doubt, thats what Cuban is and does.

I do think if Cuban did something, it would cause major problems for UFC if it was built and establishes slowly and properly. Also, he needs not have McMahon involved like he has mentioned in the past. He would f*ck it all up somehow. Probably give fighters goofy gimmicks. Fedor would act like Nikolai Volkoff or something.

Dont get me wrong, Cuban is a good guy, but he is such an unbearable excuse maker and whiner when things dont go his way. He is literally as huge mark with a ton of money that he likes to use to buy things he is a mark for, like an NBA franchise etc. He is in the position we all want to be in. I'd LOVE to buy the Orlando Magic, and if they lost I'd be acting like the stereotypical sports mark for my team no doubt, thats what Cuban is and does.

I do think if Cuban did something, it would cause major problems for UFC if it was built and establishes slowly and properly. Also, he needs not have McMahon involved like he has mentioned in the past. He would f*ck it all up somehow. Probably give fighters goofy gimmicks. Fedor would act like Nikolai Volkoff or something.

Oh for sure. I think he wanted Vince involved on some sort of business tip, but Vince's business is the wrestling business. He builds characters etc etc. Dana tries to do that and it's a reason I hate it there. Not to mention the sheer presence of Vince would give it the wrong feel. You don't want fakeness in something new. Especially as Dana will IMMEDIATELY call fight-fixing.

Real life usually works out to be better thn viction. Fedor is actually a humble guy that doesn't talk alot, and looks very inconspicous right before he begins to quickly dismantle man. You can't write that

This might be a dumb question, but when is the fight?
Now...

UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on November 15, 2008 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
[Wikipedia]

I was hoping to see a bit more of Maia. Like yourself, I thought Quarry would take that one, but I expected it to be a pretty good fight. It should be interesting to see where Maia goes from here. Really good win for him.

Guest Frank Botch

Yeah I think Couture too,mainly due to experience.A loss won't do Brock too much harm though.

My stream just got totally messed up,gotta find another one quick.

Edited by Frank Botch