Retro Gaming Memories Thread!

Guest Inno

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa

Talking of Midway sports games:

NFL Blitz 2000 (Dreamcast) [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Anyone else remember the old 'Monster League Football/Hockey' games? I found the roms of them today and it brought memories of me and my brother killing the ref over and over back instantly

Guest Dave7g

Roms are bad, we must refer to them as such:

Anyone else remember the old 'Monster League Football/Hockey' games? I purchased the original cartridges of them today so now I 100% legally own them and it brought memories of me and my brother killing the ref over and over back instantly

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I do actually have the cartrage somewhere, still got many of my old Mega Drive cartrages despite not owning a Mega Drive system since 1998 :lol

Guest The GS
NBA Jam TE is still the best Basketball game I have ever played. So many Mega Drive games have just never been improved on for me which is really strange when you think how so vastly more powerful consoles are these days

I preferred the 1st NBA Jam game for the MegaDrive.... It felt more arcadey and raw.

Guest Hanahbananabob
Really random memory here, i remember my brother hating the music that played when you were in Lavender Town on Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow....he had to turn the sound off when playing it as it freaked him out....no idea why lol! ah pokemon games ruled!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Micro Machines.

And then micro machines 2 with the j-cart so you could have four players.

That brings back memories of me, my brother and 2 mates falling in the pockets of the Snooker table you could drive around!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chriscare

My fondest retro memories are Link to the past, Earthworm Jim, and the early mario and Sonic games, god bless the virtual console.

Going a bit obscurer, I used to love Chocks Away and Iron Lord on the Acorn Archimedies

I played the WWF games on the MegaDrive for years and years. It was pretty much just them, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. I loved them.

I found this little gem while browsing around... it's a Flash version of the old Barbarian one-on-one fighting game, complete with decapitations and the little goblin who would come in and kick the head off the screen or drag the body away if you just hacked them down.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Quackshot, that brings back memories! I could never and I mean NEVER get past the really tall wall which you had to jump up before you got squished by the wall which moved to crush you from behind, think it was in Dracula's castle

Guest Dave7g
I just played Story of Thor again, what a game!

Did you finish it? I started it a while back and never went back. It's not bad at all.

Guest MojoPogo
Did you finish it? I started it a while back and never went back. It's not bad at all.

Im about 3/4 of the way in, but it gets HARD. its a cracking little overlooked gem. I remember having it on the Megadrive and boasting about the size of the cartridge memory.....it was one of the firs 24 meg carts if i recall correctly. And yet mobile phones now have 20 times that memory!!!! Scary.