Fan Clubs | beta

Retro Gaming Memories Thread!

Guest Inno

I found this little gem while browsing around... it's a Flash version of the old Barbarian one-on-one fighting game, complete with decapitations and the little goblin who would come in and kick the head off the screen or drag the body away if you just hacked them down.

Not the same without the free poster ;)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is filling me with upsettedness. Why? Because my "retro" game collection has only been collected well after they were considered "retro".

So, in other words, I don't have the memories, as I started "retro" gaming as a latestarter.

I still appreciate the hell out of old video games though, it really pains me to see people complaining about graphics, like graphics are all that makes a good game. :info7:

EDIT - The exceptions are the PlayStation and the Sega MegaDrive (I didn't have a MegaDrive until they were considered very old, but I've still had it for years, so I'm counting it.) Oh, and PC games. Old PC games I have fond memories of. :)

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

Guest The Beltster

Anybody else here cool (old) enough to have grown up with the Spectrum 128K +2 and the Commadore Amiga 500?

Some bloody wicked games on those old beauties! Escape from the planet of the robot monsters ruled, as did Starquake.

I had the Amstrad CPC 464 - same games as C64 more or less. I went to the Amiga 500+ then the Amiga 1200 after that :)

Loved Raid Over Moscow; Head Over Heels; Matchday 2... all those games were superb! I still play them on emulator :)

That would be me mate, I even went to an amiga 1200 before the enevitable PC drive.

Don't remember Starquake, but PORM I rememeber very well! My fave though was Rockstar ate my hamster!

I also liked all the 1.99 codemaster games that either had the words "Dizzy" or "Super" in it, by rights Super Dizzy would have been an awesome game!

I learned that sometimes though, keeping the fond memories is better than replaying them, I've had so many, WTF moments with some of the games I thought cool!

Guest Dave7g

I had an Amiga 500, but was swindled out of it soon after I got it. All I played was Man Utd in Europe and Jimmy White's snooker. I didn't get a chance to play much, plus I bought it years after it had it's day.

I'm looking for a power supply for a Megadrive, any idea what would suffice?

Guest The GS

I had a WCW game for the Gameboy. Best wrestling game at the time in my opinion... Much better than the WWF games for the MegaDrive.

Wrestlers like Sting, The Steiners and Rick Rude were in it.

Guest Dave7g

Here's my full list, probably not in chronological order but close enough.

Rowtron TV game system

Commodore 64

Sega Master System

Gameboy

Super Nintendo

Amiga 500

Playstation

Gameboy Colour

Nintendo 64

Playstation 2

Dreamcast

Sega Megadrive

Gameboy Advance

XBox

Gameboy Advance SP

Nintendo DS

Xbox360

I'm sure I'm missing something else

I'm looking for a power supply for a Megadrive, any idea what would suffice?

When mine broke I just bought one of those multi connector adaptor things from Argos and set the voltage switch on that to the same as the label on the back of the megadrive adaptor. It all still works fine 12 years later?

SEGA Master System

SEGA Megadrive

Gameboy

Super Nintendo

Sega Saturn

PS1

Gameboy Colour

Nintendo 64

PS2

Gamecube

Gameboy Advance SP

Xbox

Nintendo DS

PSP

Xbox 360

Nintendo DS Lite

PS3

I may have forgotten a few, but that's it in (almost) chronological order.

Edit: A fond memory of mine, though not exactly "retro", was playing on my dads PC from about age of 4 - 10, if I wasn't drawing Dinosaurs on MS Paint, I'd be playing DOOM, DOOM 2 or one of the original Duke Nukem games (the platformers). I also used to enjoy trying to play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and also Day of the Tenticle.

Edited by Reno

I always liked the bit in one of the Duke Nukems where you got Duke to interact with a Duke Nukem arcade machine. 'Hey, I dont have time to play with myself...'.

Hey, what can I say? :lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

My list would be:

Megadrive

Gameboy

Gameboy Colour

Nintendo 64

Playstation

Gameboy Advanced

Playstation 2

Nintendo DS

PSP

Playstation 3

Guest Dave7g

Play some old C64 classics here online, legally and for free.

http://c64s.com/

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/TEW%20NWA%20Dynasty%20V2/People/S%20-%20Album/Perry%20Saturn/PerrySaturn.jpg

You're welcome.

Guest The Beltster

Atrari 2600

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128K +2

Amiga 500

Atari Lynx 2

NES

Gameboy

SNES

Megadrive 2

PS1

Gameboy Advance