Fan Clubs | beta

X-Men: First Class - Singer returning to direct

DC

Aww man I hated X3 with a passion - all the more BECAUSE I enjoyed the first two so much.

As others have said - the way they dealt with the entire Phoenix story was embarrassing. I mean, that is one badass story you've got right there and then made it feel so... unimportant...

My favourite thing about it was all of McKellen's big speeches to the mutants about how it's time to take over the mutha'f*ckin' world!! Like, I was ready for attacking folk in the cinema at his command!!

I've never re-watched it, which maybe I should... but then I think about it and just decide not to.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked X3 in the way that Hancock said, kind of a "ooh look there's Psylock" kind of way.

All in all, I generally like superhero films, but not in the way I should. More of a 'it's cool that I've seen it on the big screen' as opposed to 'OMG that was perfect!!'

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This 60s/Saul Bass-inspired opening credit sequence is fantastic, a real work of art.
And as it's now up on YouTube, here's the brilliant 60s-inspired opening once again...

[YOUTUBE]_xaljr24edI[/YOUTUBE]

... as well as the latest realy trailer for the movie. This time there's some Banshee flying, Havoc chest-raying and Azazel tail-killing, young Magneto and donning the helmet for the first time added to the mix.

[YOUTUBE]UVgguJhQ3pY[/YOUTUBE]

That second video is down DC, and that trailer is not an official one yet* because anybody who uses it has had their youtube user account banned.

*It may be used sometime?

It's an official trailer as it was released by Marvel themselves.

Yeah, maybe they're just pulling it from other users because they want people to watch it on Marvels own youtube page? Or maybe they want you to link to their page when you repost it, and those people weren't?

• 2 weeks later...

Three new short trailers have been put online to introduce three of the characters. I assume there will be more over the next couple of weeks until the release date.

Incidentally, the Beast one is fantastic.

Havok

[YOUTUBE]mGC6kykQ6OM[/YOUTUBE]

Beast

[YOUTUBE]v6tZ97tcx0s[/YOUTUBE]

Banshee

[YOUTUBE]5roLbBIeR5Y[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...
The film has been getting great reviews and a sequel has of course been discussed. One idea for a scene in the sequel that I thought was cool is having the "magic bullet" that killed Kennedy controlled by Magneto (hence why it moved in impossible directions).

Short clips a-go-go...

"I'm Sebastian Shaw!"

[YOUTUBE]Pp28zA1dJQ8[/YOUTUBE]

"The Real Enemy Is Out There."

[YOUTUBE]y1UcXI1_7S4[/YOUTUBE]

Locating Sebastian Shaw

[YOUTUBE]qVWdjYLDc1w[/YOUTUBE]

"You're not scared of me?"

[YOUTUBE]Zj-Yd7L9qX8[/YOUTUBE]

"The First Class Is Our Only Hope"

[YOUTUBE]3MrjYIDPXJw[/YOUTUBE]

"Join The Team"

[YOUTUBE]U17OVssmCms[/YOUTUBE]

"Magic Trick"

[YOUTUBE]G7b4znvJhXo[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MartynJ
Ive just watched the movie this morning and thought it was pretty good in the same legue as wolverine and alot better than The last stand, my question is, is there going to be a third film within the xmen origins because i heard there was gong to be 3 films about a year ago so far heres been 2 but i cant find no official confermation for a third just rumours, ??

Guest John Hancock
Ive just watched the movie this morning and thought it was pretty good in the same legue as wolverine and alot better than The last stand, my question is, is there going to be a third film within the xmen origins because i heard there was gong to be 3 films about a year ago so far heres been 2 but i cant find no official confermation for a third just rumours, ??

Looks like the next X-Men film will be "The Wolverine", which is going to be a sequel to "X-Men: Origins" or whatever it was called. Don't know it that might count as a third.

Guest MartynJ

It cant be called wolverine *** the first origins was called that, if there was gonna be a sequal to the first it wont have much time period for him to do much since at the end of the first one pro x was a old man and cyclops was like 15 so it only gives youa 10 year gap till the first film for him to do owt with no memory

my guess they could make 2 sequals to the first class showing how pro x and magneto become more rivals, or it could shed light on some up and coming xmen?

ve searched but cant find no official reports yet

Guest John Hancock

It is called "The Wolverine", it's been confirmed, and it's already in production.

Depending on how you feel about him working on the movie at all, prepare to feel either A) elated or B) despondent that Darren Aronofsky is 100% confirmed as directing the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And now he has revealed the official title for the sequel: The Wolverine.

~ Empire Magazine

Since then, Aronofsky isn't directing anymore, but the name's saying.

Guest Beefhead
First class is fantastic, loads better than X3. Im surprised somebody said it was on par with Origins: wolverine though as Wolverine was awful, worse than x3 by a mile.

Guest John Hancock
I didn't like Origins at all, but I thought it was better than X3, which I though was really bad. The last X-Men film for me was X-Men 2, which was brilliant. Haven't seen First Class yet, probably never will to be honest.