Fan Clubs (beta)

X-Men: First Class - Singer returning to direct

DC

I say confusing, I think that's just the point of the film where I stop paying attention. It's a shame really, because I thought Kevin Spacey was fantastic in that film, just absolutely everything else was a bit of a stinker.

It started off so well with him saving the pane from crashing into the baseball field, and it just went downhill from there.

Oh yeah, and Superman has an asthmatic kid, who can flip pianos. I damn near walked out the cinema at that part.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to the kid stuff, its not like he hasnt had half kryptonian kids in different storylines and universes, plus we know that the powers come in stages rather than all at once. So its not really deviated much from what we've seen in the comics.

Yeah, but the holes in his logic are massive. Firstly, its a f*cking comic book, the entire thing is impossible. :lol No really, Supermans powers would f*ck him up big style.

But ignoring all that, in a universe where people can fly, or shoot fire from their bodies, Im sure genetics isnt an issue. Supermans cumshots may or may not be destructive, why would the kid have powers as a fetus? As a fetus I didnt have the power of speech or rational thought.

http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_as_a_father

http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7-awesome-super-powers-ruined-by-science.html

Is it wrong that I was waiting for the Cracked article to appear?? :lol

What's to say that his child wouldn't have powers in the womb? I know none of this is real, and it'd be hypothetical anyways, but don't they reckon a child in the womb is spatially aware from around 6 months old? So yeah, it's possible (well...no it isn't, but you know what I mean) that the powers would develop before the baby is ready to be born. Look at the first Superman film, he's powerlifting trucks as a baby.

And if we're talking about a universe where people shoot fire from their bodies, and lasers from their eyes as they fly around, that doesn't explain why a human would all of a sudden be able to hold a superbaby to full term. Genetics has nothing to do with this, this is a question of human physiology. So unless you're going to make the argument that humans in comic books are completely different to real life humans, then I don't understand the genetics thing?

I guess it depends on what school of comic book thought you come from? I'm more with guys like Garth Ennis, who's recently done a similar kind of thing in his book "The Boys", where a woman is impregnated by a "Supe" and the baby...well...tears it's way out.

On a tangent, how many kids is Superman supposed to have had according to that link? :lol

He'd have to be faster than a speeding bullet to get through that many women! :lol

Superpimp.

Is it wrong that I was waiting for the Cracked article to appear?? :lol

I have a soft spot for that one. :lol

What's to say that his child wouldn't have powers in the womb? I know none of this is real, and it'd be hypothetical anyways, but don't they reckon a child in the womb is spatially aware from around 6 months old? So yeah, it's possible (well...no it isn't, but you know what I mean) that the powers would develop before the baby is ready to be born. Look at the first Superman film, he's powerlifting trucks as a baby.

The writers are the ones to say they wouldnt have powers in the womb, if thats what they want. Again, you dont have all the things you have as an adult while you're in the womb, so why should that be any different for this scenario? Its just making possible objections for the sake of trying to be funny (the film, not yourself).

And if we're talking about a universe where people shoot fire from their bodies, and lasers from their eyes as they fly around, that doesn't explain why a human would all of a sudden be able to hold a superbaby to full term. Genetics has nothing to do with this, this is a question of human physiology. So unless you're going to make the argument that humans in comic books are completely different to real life humans, then I don't understand the genetics thing?

In a set of realities where humans have superpowers in their DNA you're wondering why Im mentioning genetics in this case? Whats to say that Kryptonians (for example) dont have adaptive DNA that eneables them to crossbreed with other species? Is it really that much of a stretch considering the rest of what they can do? Then you have the multiple other reasons it could be, everything from the higher powers of the multiverse waving their hands and it happening, to the mystics and spellcasters thinking they are helping (or indeed harming) Superman by making him a dad, or maybe Lois is a mutant with the ability to fire half breed children from her mighty womb. The possibilities are so endless in the comic world that trying to apply science as to why they cant have a baby is kind of stupid, if you have to aplly science to this then apply it to the rest of the stuff in the comics.

I guess it depends on what school of comic book thought you come from? I'm more with guys like Garth Ennis, who's recently done a similar kind of thing in his book "The Boys", where a woman is impregnated by a "Supe" and the baby...well...tears it's way out.

From the school that says 'f*ck it, its a comic book'. :lol

On a tangent, how many kids is Superman supposed to have had according to that link? :lol

He'd have to be faster than a speeding bullet to get through that many women! :lol

Superpimp.

The mans a studdly!

• 2 months later...
Another still has been released, this time showing Magneto in full helmet-and-cape mode.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mpd9v9.jpg

Errrr? :lol

Anyhow, just watched this finally. All I can say is WOW! Loved every second so hard, easily the best super hero film in a long while for me. Maybe just the best full stop.