Fan Clubs | beta

X-Men: First Class - Singer returning to direct

DC

Guest Beefhead
It was actually really good, there are some serious problems with continuity but the characters are handled really well.Great performances all around.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually really good, there are some serious problems with continuity but the characters are handled really well.Great performances all around.
If you meant continuity with the original trilogy, that was intentional as there were things the director wanted to do that contradicted what had come before, but he thought "f*ck it" as the comics ret-con things all the time, so in a way, he's staying true to the source material.

Guest Beefhead
Yeah I know, still bugged me a little. Like the fact that beast is blue already in this and we see him still normal as a grown man in X2. Really not majorly important things just nitpicks but I enjoyed the hell out of first class.

Guest MartynJ

Hopefully they might make sequals to frst class mayby to understand how the beast is normal in X2 and blue in the prequal, like it told you how mystic stays young in the last stand and in frst class she's same age as Pro x and magneto they coud easly shut our contracticting mouths up lol

But as for Wolverine i still dont know why make a sequal to that because at th end of origins there nearly in the same timelime as the first xmen film but i supose they'llmake somat up about hi been some lone ranger kind of guy tryin to find his memory and kickin new baddie mutant arses,but it will be hard to put some original characters into it, mayby gambit or his brother etc..

Still think 2 sequals to The first Class will do million times better so they can explain the pro x and magnetos feud get sronger and explain how the young xmen come together

Yeah I know, still bugged me a little. Like the fact that beast is blue already in this and we see him still normal as a grown man in X2. Really not majorly important things just nitpicks but I enjoyed the hell out of first class.
I think, with that one, having Hank McCoy on the screen was just a bit of fan service to make us go "Oh, it's Beast."

They could easily get round that by it being old footage (unlikely) or not the Hank McCoy we know and love. If you want to really stretch likelihoods, it could foreshadow Dark Beast.

Hopefully they might make sequals to frst class mayby to understand how the beast is normal in X2 and blue in the prequal, like it told you how mystic stays young in the last stand and in frst class she's same age as Pro x and magneto they coud easly shut our contracticting mouths up lol

But as for Wolverine i still dont know why make a sequal to that because at th end of origins there nearly in the same timelime as the first xmen film but i supose they'llmake somat up about hi been some lone ranger kind of guy tryin to find his memory and kickin new baddie mutant arses,but it will be hard to put some original characters into it, mayby gambit or his brother etc..

Still think 2 sequals to The first Class will do million times better so they can explain the pro x and magnetos feud get sronger and explain how the young xmen come together

There's at least 17yrs between the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the first X-Men movie.

• 2 weeks later...
I thoroughly enjoyed it too, Kam. The two cameos are nicely done (and don't overstay their welcome), the action is great and Kevin Bacon is awesome as Sebastian Shaw.

Would like to have seen more of the first cameo, but it was the best line of the film.

Overll not too bad much better than Wolverine and X-3 the last two films. Misses the actors you are used to in x-men films though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dante Spears
Holy hell, I'm like speechless. My friend described this as the best superhero film he ever saw and I thought he was blowing smoke. But I honestly can"t think of one as good as this one. This is one of the best films I've seen.

Guest The Beltster

I thought the 2 newest Batman movies were horrible. Dark Knight was shite.

There are a few super hero movies I prefer, but not many. I'm not a big super hero mark.

I thought XM First Class was wicked.

Must admit I thought this was going to be the drizzles... but pleasantly surprised.

I'm with Belty on Dark Knight, it was WAY too long a movie and I can't help but feel half of the "genius" layed upon it was due to Heath Ledger's death. I mean as soon as Michael Jackson died, everyone forgot he'd been in court twice for child molestation.

Guest Dante Spears
Dark Knight was only good because of Heath Ledger, take it away and it was just dull. Never seen Blade, and I just don't generally care for Superman or Batman in general. Batman is always the least interesting thing he is in and Superman is just boring because part of superhero movies is the suspension of disbelief and when your superhero is immortal you just can"t lose yourself and view the enemy as a threat.

I actually quite enjoyed the newest Superman film, moreso than The Dark Knight. I thought Begins was awesome, TDK was a real let down!