Fan Clubs (beta)

X-Men: First Class - Singer returning to direct

DC

Yeah, um, great...

I'm suddenly not X-cited to see this at all anymore.

Why?

Shouldn't have asked, cause I'm gonna tell you!

If Bacon plays Sinister. I don't give a shit. Whatever! That would be a stupid stupid casting call.

Didn't I call him as Sebastian Shaw when he was first announced?

That would at least make SOME sense.

He can tempt Emma over to the Hellfire Club. Where she can take her place as the White Queen!

That might not be so bad. I have a feeling they're gonna screw that up though. Might as well, right?

Speaking of Emma, this new girl is nowhere near as good looking as Emma's supposed to be. I call bullshit on that.

Emma Frost is sex incarnate.

Yeah, I know shes a teenager or whatever, but you get my point.

Don't make me have to explain myself.

Not because I don't want to, but because you should all know as X-Men fans what the hell I'm talking about.

Also, Why the hell is some random black girl playing Angel instead of a young Storm? That's just stupid. They already f*cked up continuity, they might as well stick with something that makes sense.

Would that be so much to ask?

Apparently so...

Oh, as for Bill Milner playing a young Magneto...LOL! I mean really, LOL!

Goggle the kid and look at him for Christ's sake.

He's like the only kid in Hollywood that's NOT Jewish for f*ck sake!

Plus he's way younger than James McAvoy.

I really don't see any interesting character development coming out of those two.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Until then, this looks gay.

Edi Gathegi - Darwin... Who? Oh never mind, it's just more bullshit.

This is just going to be the awkward Shia LaBeouf/Michael Cera guy.

I bet you that the only reason this character is in the movie is to portray that young blooming awkward hipster guy that they think the kids can relate too....

"GETCHER IPOD NANO'S READY TO DOWNLOAD THIS AND WATCH IT ON THE BUS, or a park bench somewhere."

You wanna know the funny thing? No, really? Do you?

No?

Too f*cking bad, I'm gonna tell you anyway!

The demographic that this character is aimed at? They're all gonna say the same thing...

"I liked their older stuff better!" hahahaha Hipsters indeed!

Marketing all over the spectrum is for shit.

There are a few shining examples now and again, but I'm getting to tired of looking for 'em.

I'm sticking with older movies until something good comes out. Because this isn't going to be it.

The only thing that can save this movie is Oliver Platt. Why you ask?

Well, he's made out of amazing!

As long as this film doesn't ruin his career anyway.

Besides, it will be cool to see Oliver Platt and Kevin Bacon on the same screen again.

I don't think that they've done a film together since Flatliners, although I could be wrong.

Oops, shit. I shouldn't have said that. Next thing you know they'll be remaking that next with Keenu Reeves and Seth Rogan.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down, Maxx, before you blow a gasket or two. :lol

Also, Why the hell is some random black girl playing Angel instead of a young Storm? That's just stupid. They already f*cked up continuity, they might as well stick with something that makes sense.

Would that be so much to ask?

Apparently so...

Because the character in the comics (which isn't the feather-winged Angel from X3) is a young black girl, so casting a young black girl makes sense.

Whether the character should or shouldn't be there is one thing, but seeing as she is going to be in there, then surely having a young black female actress portray a young black female character makes sense.

Oh, as for Bill Milner playing a young Magneto...LOL! I mean really, LOL!

Goggle the kid and look at him for Christ's sake.

He's like the only kid in Hollywood that's NOT Jewish for f*ck sake!

Plus he's way younger than James McAvoy.

I really don't see any interesting character development coming out of those two.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Until then, this looks gay.

You're wrong. :P

Bill Milner is playing Magneto as a kid (most likely revisiting the Holocaust scenes shown in the first movie), so he's unlikely to have any scenes opposite James McAvoy. Michael Fassbender (as the cast list clearly shows) is playing Magneto as an adult.

Edi Gathegi - Darwin... Who? Oh never mind, it's just more bullshit.
Why is it bullshit? Because you've not heard of him?

Shaddap, DC!

I was mid rant and it sounded like the right thing to say at the time. I've never heard of the kid or the character so I just thought I would call it bullshit. Seemed to makes sense at the time, of course I was really over exhausted so most of that post is stream of consciousness type stuff. Although it is funny to go back and read. Well, funny to me at any rate.

What I really should have said it, "Oh sound's rubbish!' and moved on to a different thread. This one sparked my fury for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another new character has been added to the fold. Total Film have reported that Alex Gonzalez is on board to play Riptide, although it's been reported that, since the movie has already begun filming, the character may play a minor role here, with the possibility of a bigger role in the next movie (if there is a sequel).

Riptide's power is that he can spin VERY fast, causing vacuums that can suck things towards him or be used to sling weapons (usually self-generated) at incredible speeds, meaning the projectile can burst through even the thickest armour plating, including Colossus himself.

What's interesting is that, in the comics, Riptide is associated with Mr. Sinister, but he's not scheduled to appear at all in this film, so they could be using Riptide as a way to setting up Mr. Sinister for the sequel as well.

EDIT - Can a mod remove the "Singer returning to direct part of the thread title"?

Edited by DC

I am about as excited in seeing this film (and bascially it would cost me nothing) as i am to contract cancer.

****ing comic book films are getting old, scott pilgram was the peak

I think The Crow(Brandon Lee, obviously) was the best comic book movie made. A lot of the others are good and I have enjoyed them, but The Crow kinda set the stage for what a comic book movie should be like. I dunno I change my mind all the time on what the besst comic to film adaptation was the best. There are so many now. Some of them are good, others are pure shit.

That said, I still love the Dolph Lundgren Punisher film.

Guest MojoPogo

I enjoyed the first two Xmen (Last Stand sucked balls), Spidey 1 & 2, the Tim Burton Batmen, Batman Begins, Watchmen, and hell, even the Thomas Jane Punisher. Loved that ending. The Crow is certainly the best comic book adaptation thus far in terms of look, feel, and capturing the subject material, but surprisingly, and i think this is because im such a video game geek, my fave is Scott Pilgrim. I had a blast just picking through all the various references. I couldnt help thinking it would have been a cracking 3D film though with all those effects. Point? Im rather looking forward to this.......Darwin could be a proper dark horse character incidentally, going from what i've seen of him so far. Lets hope he doesnt just make a Last Stand style 3 minute appearance.

I reckon they might be hinting at an Apocalypse appearance down the line with Darwin's appearance........though i have to admit, Apocalypse is not my favourite x-villain. Has to be Magneto, though i am rather fond of Sabretooth and Silver Samurai. Actually, any of those too (done properly) would be amazing.

Edited by MojoPogo

The Crow is certainly the best comic book adaptation thus far in terms of look, feel, and capturing the subject material,
As much as I am a fan of the The Crow (and anyone who knows me will know exactly how much of a fan I am), I'd have to say that Sin City deserves that honour.
I am about as excited in seeing this film (and bascially it would cost me nothing) as i am to contract cancer.

****ing comic book films are getting old, scott pilgram was the peak

How can they be getting old when a movie released only last month was, in your own words, the "peak" of the genre?

Besides, if a movie is good, does it matter what genre it fits into or where the material is sourced from?

• 1 month later...
AICN are reporting that Hugh Jackman has been spotted on-set, fuelling rumours that Wolverine may have a fleeting cameo appearance in the film. Of course, with the character doesn't really age, Jackman can play him in the 1960s without any continuity problems, but to tie in with the later films he can't interact with Xavier and co.

As much as I am a fan of the The Crow (and anyone who knows me will know exactly how much of a fan I am), I'd have to say that Sin City deserves that honour.

I see your Sin City and I raise you Punisher: War Zone

I see your Sin City and I raise you Punisher: War Zone
As much as I thought it was great, Jigsaw wasn't as good as he could've been, meaning it didn't capture the source material as well as Sin City.

The characterisation of Frank Castle, however, was a much closer fit, being almost perfect in translation from page to screen.

yeah Jigsaw was a little bit too cartoony for me, but everything else seemed to fit perfectly. The one problem I have with the punisher, and this is with the comics as well, is that everyone dies, so it's hard to get invested in a villain when you know how the comics end.

Having said that, aside from Jigsaw, everything else was spot on. They literally lifted panels from the comic book and put them onto the screen. I might be biased because the Punisher is my favourite comic character, but Sin City just didn't resonate with me like War Zone did.

• 2 months later...

The first full-cast picture has been released and you can see it below. A larger, high-res version is expected by the weekend.

http://i54.tinypic.com/m80dcm.jpg

L-R: Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Moira MacTaggert (Rose Byrne), Emma Frost (January Jones),

Azazel (Jason Flemyng), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Havoc (Lucas Till),

Angel Salvadore (Zoe Kravitz), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), and Charles Xavier (James McAvoy)

Following on from the image above, five new stills have been released from the studio. We have...

http://i55.tinypic.com/2z6vvc7.jpg

The official poster

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wear1k.jpg

Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost (w/ awesome cleavage)

http://i55.tinypic.com/nq5w1w.jpg

Charles and Magneto playing chess

http://i54.tinypic.com/1213bbr.jpg

Xavier doing some mind-mojo

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v2uond.jpg

Magneto with his helmet

The last shot, I'm assuming is from after the friendship breaks down as Magneto wears the helmet to protect him from Xavier's power. I could be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...

Another still has been released, this time showing Magneto in full helmet-and-cape mode.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mpd9v9.jpg

Also, the first trailer is going online at some point today on the official Facebook page.

Never thought I would say this, seeing some of that has completely underwhelmed me. In fact, I think I have completely lost any interest in this film.