Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

MMA - Street Fighting?

Guest The Cork

I'm more scared of the thing I keep in the box in my head than I could ever be of anyone else. Given a choice, I'd literally rather be shot dead than let that thing out again. Unfortunately, when a fight gets really serious, I don't have a choice.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fiona

Which is exactly why I don't let myself get into anything close to that kind of situation anymore. The last serious fight I was in, it was the last for a reason. Now, I have a streak of yellow down my spine a mile wide, because I'm more scared of the thing I keep in the box in my head than I could ever be of anyone else. Given a choice, I'd literally rather be shot dead than let that thing out again. Unfortunately, when a fight gets really serious, I don't have a choice. I don't care about the other guy, he earned what he gets as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I don't care what most people think, because I could care less about most people. But when the very few people I do care about look at me like I'm some kind of monster, I do care, rather a lot actually, precisely because I care so little about what everyone else thinks.

Dude your coming across like an insane person or split personality. We are all capable of doing damage to someone else, but I never worry about some supposed boxed up monster that's taken up squatters rights in my mind.

If I'm in a fight, then I'll do whatever I can too get out in one piece, as I'm sure the person I'm fighting with is going to do the same. Mind you I don't get into fight's, but I wouldn't just stand there and let someone beat the crap out of me.

Guest Thirteen
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That is Brilliant....

And to reiterate, the reason Stephen Laurence, Damilola Taylor and countless others are no longer with us is because they didn't fight back.:good222:

Guest Fiona

Okay I found the unofficial rules and criteria for street fighting. Now pick your type and either run home or start swinging away.:lol

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/3e7ee197-108e-4f5f-9434-31d.jpg

The last serious fight I was in, it was the last for a reason. Now, I have a streak of yellow down my spine a mile wide, because I'm more scared of the thing I keep in the box in my head than I could ever be of anyone else. Given a choice, I'd literally rather be shot dead than let that thing out again.

What the f*ck?! :lol

Guest Dusty Finish

It's not often I stick the mod hat on (thankfully), but have had my eye on this thread for a day or so.

So glad I didn't close it now, after seeing Fiona's last post. Awesome stuff!

Guest Sparrow
Okay I found the unofficial rules and criteria for street fighting. Now pick your type and either run home or start swinging away

That baby is not going to see me coming!

etz needs to speak to a professional.

Or write fiction.

Been there, done that. Because I've never substantially harmed anyone who didn't pose an immediate threat to my life, they've basically just told me to avoid significant violent confrontation. Which is code for : "don't let it get to the point where you believe they're actually trying to seriously hurt you". One shrink called it "beserker rage". To me, that doesn't explain some of the things I've seemingly done, but it's the best they could do.

I should also stress that it takes a lot, and I do mean a lot, for me to feel that threatened. Short of pulling a weapon, and me actually believing you know how to use it, you're fine.

What most people would regard as a street fight (ie. not like the one Thirteen was in, but the more normal kind) is just some drunken idiots blowing off steam to me. I spent most of my teenage years studying various martial arts (in order to obtain some self discipline) and unarmed combat, and frankly, if he can hurt me, it's my own fault.

I've only really been in a fight where I've had to resort to what I would call proper violence (by which I mean proper eye gouging (not a thumb in the eye), breaking body parts (that aren't fingers) etc.) twice. I usually end them decisively before they get that far. That doesn't include the last one, because that went right out the other side of proper violence. That sounds like I think I'm hard or something, but the truth is I think I'm a pathetic failure every single time I have to fight. It's not big, it's not clever and someone could get seriously hurt. That someone could be me. And, given the likely outcome if that happens, it's frankly, mind blowingly stupid of me to engage in the first place.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That is Brilliant....

And to reiterate, the reason Stephen Laurence, Damilola Taylor and countless others are no longer with us is because they didn't fight back.:good222:

1) I never said don't fight back, I said avoid having to if you can.

2) Damilola was attacked by at least 2 people, and the wound which killed him occurred when he fell onto a broken bottle. Fighting back would have made no difference at all.

3) Stephen Laurence was attacked by 5 people with knives. Again, fighting back would have made no difference.

4) For a while there, I forgot I'm in yoboland. Of course, street fights in the country almost always involve weapons because your criminal justice system is a pisstake. Where I'm from, you don't use weapons in a fight unless you have no choice, because the prison sentences are long, you'll mostly likely get AIDS from being raped, or killed when you resist.

5) As a foreign national, I have a vested interest in not having a criminal record, which is another reason I avoid getting into fights, so I wouldn't know how violent they actually are here. But now you've reminded me that it's mostly yobo's, I'd say very violent since they're subhuman scum.

Edited by etz

Oh, it's true. I was a proper little maniac when I was younger. Much, much worse than I am now :P

That should have read : (in order to obtain some much needed and greatly appreciated by, well, everyone, self discipline)

but it's a bit long-winded.

Guest The Cork
Funny, the title of this thread, considering the whole Roger Huerta thing.....

The difference is that Roger Huerta did beat someone up, and every tale told in this thread is bullshit.

One shrink called it "beserker rage". To me, that doesn't explain some of the things I've seemingly done, but it's the best they could do.

The only time I've gone berserk is when I found the little black box that allowed me to punch the sh*t out of the monsters in DOOM.:lol