Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club II

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anamanaguchi - Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues

I was bored of this style of stuff in 1996. If I want to listen to retro game tunes I'll just play one. 1/10

Shonen Knife - Flu

Me likey the guitar intro. Nicely punk for me. Voice... nah, just doesnt work. I dont mean that because of any issues understanding her, just that it doesnt work with the music for me. 4/10 for the music.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Goodbye Hooray

A touch too much volume on the drums for me, or maybe the vocals are a tad too quiet. Its quite retro sounding to me, a lot of 80s style stuff in it. Its OK, not great by any stretch, but its OK. I dont think I'd ever look for it again. 5/10

The Roots - 75 Bars (Black's Reconstruction)

Quite a military beat to this song. A NSFW warning on this would have been a good idea JimBob. ;)

The guys delivery is damned good, very impressed. Not a fan of the content, seems a bit too much like hes trying to be 'edgy'. 4/10

A_O

After listening to that, I feel like I beat some epic old school video game. So yeah, that's cool and all, but I couldn't listen to this stuff all the time. 2/10

Shonen Knife - Flu

"Somebody, somebody ker my foo." lmao

I didn't like this much, but I didn't hate it either. it made me giggle so I guess that's a good thing? This is okay for Japunk. 5/10

ETA: Jimmy's picks.

Jimmeh Redmanz

I haven't heard this yet and was gonna totally give it a miss from everything I've heard about it. I'm glad I didn't. This was freaking AWESOME! Josh Klinghoffer is wicked. His solo melted my face.Flea's bass solo was epic! Antz voice was good as usual and Chad's drumming was.. well, good. Added to favz. 8/10

The Roots are one of the best bands I've seen live and I've been to a LOT of shows. I've heard this many times before, but didn't pass up the chance to listen to it again. The beat is sick as f*ck. "Oh, I'm feelin' it!" Dope! 9/10

Edited by Maxximus

Guest Jimmy Redman
A NSFW warning on this would have been a good idea JimBob. ;)

Sorry about that, didnt even cross my mind. Fixed.

Anamanaguchi "Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues"

I quite like the tune. Thing is though, I like video game music when I'm playing a video game, but not sure about having to listen to it as music. Its completely fine, like I said I like the tune, but I think I'd prefer it if it was the same song but played by actual instruments. 5/10

Shonen Knife "Flu"

Nah. Its just by the numbers Japanese girl band, to me. The vocals in particular arent any good, neither are the lyrics. And the bacteria video freaks me the f*ck out. You're offending all my senses. No thanks. 2/10

Guest Dante Spears

Nas and Damian "Jr. Gong" marley- Count Your Blessings

2/10 - Now I love lighter rap with an uplifting message but this hits the "light" part and keeps running for seveal miles. You could have played most of this on Sesame Street.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole "In This Life"

4/10 - It's jus boring to me. Wouldn't mind if it came on the radio but I'm just not enthralled enough to keep listening to it

5/10 - Cool but I'm not into the genre of making things sound like they were on the NES.

Shonen Knife - Flu

0/10 - I didn't like that at all. I was hoping for a jpop song.

1/10 - I;ve come to expect RHCP songs to be like Snow, Stadium Arcadium and Dani California. When they aren't I don't exactly have much of an interest

3/10 - I dunno, I just don't have much of an interest in this song. Just not my cup of tea.

Edited by Dante Spears

Guest Anime Otaku
Its completely fine, like I said I like the tune, but I think I'd prefer it if it was the same song but played by actual instruments.

Part of it is played on traditional instruments.

[video=youtube;GB8Dn2Ua-5k]

Guest Dante Spears

I guess it's my turn. You all knew this was coming.

Taylor Swift - Mine

[video=youtube_share;XPBwXKgDTdE]

Just to prove I'm not all about the Taylor Swift

Babamania - Doobee Doowop Communication

[video=youtube_share;z3cL9sP1VwA]

Omega

Straight Line Stitch - Cold Front

This really sounds like someone put a female singer on to Alter Bridge! Seriously! Other than that... it's standard stuff. Not my scene, but nicely done.

6/10

The Birthday Massacre - Red Stars

Hmmmmm. Don't like this... can't put a finger on why, but it just doesn't click with me for whatever reason. It's just... there.

3/10

Shaun2J

Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band ft. Tom Morello - Ghost of Tom Joad

I dig the original song, I liked that whole album. Adding Morello in... I loved it! Putting Morello somewhat out of his comfort zone and into that environment... awesome.

9/10

Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

Heard this before, and I'm sure OPM stole part of the riff for Stash Up. Jane's Addiction are alright, but not the game changers people peg them as. I dig this, though.

7/10

TheDef

Nas and Damian "Jr. Gong" marley- Count Your Blessings

Meh. Not something I would be able to pick out of a playlist on any radio station. Pretty average, I guess?

5/10

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole- In this life

I don't get this guy. He has that good cover of Somewhere Over The Rainbow... but everything else of his I've heard has just sounded like an average pub karaoke singer to me?

2/10

Anime Otaku

Oh God. Oh God No.

0/10

Shonen Knife - Flu

I've actually heard of this band! Yay me! It's fine up until the vocals start, then it just reminds me of Shampoo. And that's bad.

2/10

Jimmy Redman

I despise what the Chilis have become now. They don't even sound like a good tribute band to themselves anymore. Awful.

1/10

I think I'm getting old. I lasted a minute before I turned it off.

0/10

Dante Spears

Taylor Swift - Mine

Dear sweer jesus, there's so much sugar there I think I'm diabetic now

1/10

What the jibbits??? AGH!

0/10

Anime; Siren's Song is available for download for free on The Union's website ( theuniononline.com ) as well as streaming the new album - it's not released until October. The site is down just now due to demand for the track!

Dante Spears

Tyler Smith - Mine

I've never been a fan of country music. Especially the poppy stuff. I admit that she's very pretty and she has a good voice, but the genera is something I can't stand. But I will try to be fair here. The vocals are okay, but the lyrics are far too sappy for my liking. The music itself I can't get into at all. I actually listened to this all the way through. It wasn't so bad that I switched it off after 30 seconds which would have been my normal action for a song of this nature. It's nothing more than cookie cutter country pop and I don't like it at all despite giving it a fair chance. Sorry, Dante, it's just not my thing at all. 1/10

Jesus Christ, the hell did I just listen to? This is not only terrible, but offensive to all my senses. This just ate away at four minutes of my soul. I found absolutely no redeeming qualities in this and in fact I feel as though I've been troll'd :lol 0/10

Taylor Swift - Mine

Well, she can sing. But the song is shite. Its not as though I dislike the style, I love the Dixie Chicks for gods sake. 2/10

What. The. F*CK?!?! Seriously, you like this? What utter bollocks, suddenly makes me appreciate Taylor Swift. :lol 0/10

Guest Jimmy Redman

Taylor Swift "Mine"

I'd seen this a few times on telly without paying much attention and found it boring, but here, having to pay a bit more, I dont mind it. Nothing wrong with a bit of girly country really. Still doesnt make me want seek her out though. 6/10

Babamania "Doobee Doowop Communication"

I like this. :lol

I'm not even kidding. I like it. I appreciate the absurdity of the Asian rapping Limp Bizkit/Third Eye Blind wackiness, and the tune itself is actually quite fun, and the more I listen the more I like it, especially the chorus. (To explain, I'm also the person who liked the infamous Mr. Fill Japanese picks from the original Music Club. Yeah, those ones. So there's just generally something wrong with me.) 7/10

Also, the dude looks like a small, skinny Yoshihito Takayama.

Jimmy Redman

Been a fan of RHCP ever since "Californication". This is good too, specially the drums and the vocals. It has nice rhythm to it and typical RHCP flow drives it through. Head it before and will do it again. 7/10

The beat is too good. Not much into the vocals but the beat got me hooked to this one. Definitely gonna find its spot in my IPOD playlist. 7/10

Dante Spears

Tyler Swift - Mine

Nah, not a fan. Though her voice is pretty good and I will give her that. The song as a package doesn't appeal to my senses, that's all. 4/10

That's f*cking terrible. Just couldn't bear it after 1 min or so and turned it off. What the f*ck was that? Hell no. 0/10

Guest Dante Spears

:lol

Truth is yes I like it, but at this point for the sheer absurdity of it. When I first heard it however it was a different version and the rapping Asian man was reduced to a random "WE BUBBLING" which neither me or my contemporaries understood. if you strip away the video and most of John from LA's stuff its enjoyability goes up.

[video=youtube_share;8rgSC8YmtWk]http://youtu.be/8rgSC8YmtWk

I like some youtube versions of original songs turned into 8-Bit versions but a proper song based on it, isn't good for my ears. Gets boring after 30 seconds cause it sounds like some YTMND website with a storm trooper doing hip thrusts in the background.

2/10

Shonen Knife - Flu

Vocals are a bit off, the music just doesn't work for me and the lyrics are like wtf?!

1/10

I've gotten used to the new album but this isn't my favourite, each to their own I guess. Not that I don't like it, I very well think this is great. Not disappointed in Josh's performance in this song and the album at all.

8/10

The Roots - 75 Bars

Nigga, Nigga, Nigga, how many niggas? He can rap alright but same words are flown at ya it just gets annoying sometimes.

2/10

Taylor Swift - Mine

Hate Taylor Swift, so no offence here Dante. This music isn't my world, this poppy stuff is the reason why I don't bother wih MTV etc anymore.

0/10

OK so after reading the reviews, I was interested in this and damn this is shit. Had to look on which song they had back in FIFA 04 and it brought back memories of the exact same words, one sentence back.^^ Plus it sound like some pokemon intro song.

0/10

Edited by Shaun2J

wahey, seems I've got internet back, for now anyway!

Starsmith – lesson one

Yeah nice and chilled out, I quite like daft punk so this is pretty good for me, would listen to it again. 8/10

Chemical brothers – horse power

Not a massive CB fan and this isn’t doing anything to change my mind, not sure why I don’t like them, just one of those bands I guess. 3/10

Aqualung – brighter than sunshine

Aqualung just makes me thing of jethro tull, and this aint no jethro tull. It’s not bad, but’s it not really my cup of tea. Nice chill music though. 5/10

Carolina liar – I am not over

This isn’t bad, bit more upbeat. Still not something i would buy an album of, but it’s alright for the odd liste. 7/10

Massive attack – angel

I quite like the House theme song, not so sure about everything else. Kinda just ‘meh’ about this one. 5/10

Bloodhound gang – fire water burn

His voice is actually quite annoying but yeah I really like this one. I think I like Bad Touch more but that’s because thay came out when I was in school so I have some good memories. 6/10

Storm large – where is my mind

Dont get it to be honest, wasnt bad but wasnt amazing or anything. Maybe the sound quality had something to do with it, listening through headphones and the drums are quite overpowering. 5/10

The union – sirens song

Reminds me a little bit of black stone cherry or whatever they’re called, not bad at all. 7/10

Straight line stich – cold front

Musically it was alright but im not a fan of the vocals, not because it’s a woman just because they weren’t my cup of tea.

Birthday massacre – red stars

Not sure i agree about the riff, it was alright but then gets ruined with the switch to a softer sound, didn’t quite work. Song was pretty good overall though.7/10

Bruce springsteen and tom morello – ghost of tom joad

Yeah that was alright, bit of a guitarists song though. 6/10

Janes addiction – mountain song

Not a JA fan, and this doesn’t convince me otherwise. 3/10

Nas and damian marley – count your blessings.

Yeah this was alright, I think most black rappers sound the same, but marleys voice was pretty nice. 7/10

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole- In this life

I love this guys voice, yeah this is a really good cover, doesn’t really matter what the song is, I could just listen to him sing all the time. Best song in the club so far!! 10/10

Oh god that was terrible, at first, but I’ll be damned if it didn’t grow on me!! 8/10

Shonen Knife – Flu

Yeah this one was just bad all the way through. 2/10

RHCP – goodbye hooray

Not a fan of the chillis at all, again this one does nothing to convince me otherwise. 3/10

The roots – 75 bars

This nigger thought this nigger song was niggering nigger. In other words it was f*cking awful! 0/10

Taylor swift – mine

She’s quite hot, and that’s about it. Not really a fan of this at all. 2/10

Babamania

Ha, this is one of those songs that bug me but i cant stop humming it. Plus the asian guy is pretty funny as that voice just doesn’t match his appearance. 6/10

My picks:

Edguy - Hallowed

been on a bit of a power metal surge recently so thought I'd pick this one. It's traditional power metal fare in the chorus, but the verses are a bit darker than normal. For those wondering, this is the same guy who was the singer in the Avantasia song I posted last round.

[video=youtube_share;uXeSZJEQ5GE]http://youtu.be/uXeSZJEQ5GE

Warmachine - Movin' on

one from a band I first heard about 8 years ago. I think they're pretty big in Canada, but not so much over here, which is a shame because they're pretty damn awesome. This is one from their second album, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

oh yeah, skip to about 35 seconds for the actual song.

[video=youtube_share;iN2ORnM58F8]

Edited by Phil

Phil

Edguy - Hallowed

Heavy metal is not something that I generally prefer to listen to. This doesn't convice me otherwise. This is bit part heavy metal. I liked the riff, but just when it became a bit pacy in between, it turned me off.

The solo guitar work was fine but the vocals did nothing for me.Not going to give this a second listen. 4/10

WarMachine - Movin' On

This I like a lot better than the first one. The beat and tune is pretty catchy. The electronic guitar and bass is at war all right :lol. Vocals are OK but the chorus dampens it a lil' bit. But overall, this is good listen. 6/10