Fan Clubs (beta)

Super Bowl XLVI

Guest John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

No one cares about football, not even Americans, they just pretend, but my boys are in the Super Bowl for the first time since I've cared, so it's the greatest day ever. Anyone else interested in this? If so, who are you supporting/who do you think will win (for me, those are two very different questions sadly)? Either way, pumped.

Also, f*ck Boston.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dpddave
Pats will most likely win sadly. I'll be supporting the Giants though seen as Brady the bastard knocked out my Broncos. The Super Bowl sure could of used some TEBOW TIME!!

I actually want the Pats to win and I really don't like them. The Pats at least proved themselves during the regular season and during the play-offs whilst the Giants have got through to the Superbowl by winning a division by a small margin against really average teams, and mainly through their opposition in the play-offs beating themselves (ask the Packers and the 49ers for more details).

That and I really don't like Eli Manning ever since he decided he was too good to play for the San Diego Chargers. The whole idea of the draft is that uou don't get to draft yourself where you want, you go to whoever picks you and if it's a bad team then tough luck.

Also, if the Pats win then I can say the Steelers beat the Superbowl champions and I'm looking for any silver lining I can find.

I don't really follow NFL but do genuinely enjoy watching if if Arizona are playing. One of my customers at VW is a Yank actually from New England; massive Patriots fan. He called Pats vs Giants after about 1 week of the regular season and was proven right.

He's now calling for a Pats win; Giants to be "bossed" in his words, so that's what I'm going for too.

Apparently the Pats have some beast of an inside who is 6'8", 300lbs, isn't the Undertaker, and has a 70" reach? I'm picking him to be the difference, whoever he is. :xyx

Cheers!

Guest John Hancock
My girlfriend lives kinda near a town called New Hyde Park, that's just about as specific as you can get when it comes to stealing place names :lol

Guest Anime Otaku

The thing that amuses me with American place names is the ones where the original is really well known, the American one is usually some tiny little place, the exception being New York.

As for the game, I've not been following the NFL except what I've seen on Sports Nation and Sports Centre on ESPN America so all I can say is, perhaps being a little petty and mean spirited, I'm glad Denver aren't going because I'm fed up of hearing about Tebow and Tebowing. By the sounds of things I think the Patriots are more likely to win this one.

Guest John Hancock
The thing that amuses me with American place names is the ones where the original is really well known, the American one is usually some tiny little place, the exception being New York.

It works the other way too sometimes, Boston in England is pretty tiny isn't it?

That's true, the only exceptions (other than New York and Boston) would be Cleveland, Jersey and Hampshire :P.

My Yank friend assures me "Gronkowski" who plays for the Pats is going to be the difference, FYI.

Cheers!