Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club II

Sign-up, sign-up! Also like to see some new faces here. This'll start next weekend I think, depending on how the previous club finishes. I'll send out reminders, once this one will start.

Anyone like to know how it works? Have a look at the previous club.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?56469-Music-Club-reboot

Can start straight away

- The Magic

- Shaun2J

Saturday 19th May

- Dante Spears

- Maxx

Saturday 26th May

- Dsrchris

- Hanahbananabob

Saturday 2nd June

- The B-Man

- Root

- Fletch

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The B-Man
A clear defination of the rules would be good as I didn't see them in the other thread, but aye count me in one of thse for a change

A clear defination of the rules would be good as I didn't see them in the other thread, but aye count me in one of thse for a change

When it's your turn, you post two songs from Youtube. You have to review all songs before posting. I'll have the running order up soon.

Guest Root
If there's still space available, I'd like to sign up please. I remember doing quite a few of these years ago on here.

Can start straight away

- The Magic

- Shaun2J

Saturday 19th May

- Dante Spears

- Maxx

Saturday 26th May

- Dsrchris

- Hanahbananabob

Saturday 2nd June

- The B-Man

- Root

- Fletch

Guest Magic

Ok dokie, lets do this!

[video=youtube;f_meDV_-RnM]

First is a song called Thurso by the band Over the Wall. Just a two mulit-instrumentalist guys from Glasgow. Probably should have a minor NSFW tag, think there is one ore two naughty words.

[video=youtube;hPRdycrUJ6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRdycrUJ6o

This is Coming Home, by Monsters on Movie Posters, who are my mates. Check them out!

Edited by Magic

Guest Hanahbananabob

Okay here we go!

Over The Wall - Thurso: This song grew on me by the end! At some points in the middle I thought there was too many instruments playing at the same time and it just didn't sound very good to me! But it got better towards the end, and i liked the video :P So i will give this 6/10 :)

Coming Home - Monsters On Movie Posters: This song was okay, but I just couldn't get into it....the actual music was fine, but I didn't like the vocals, sorry! 3/10

Sean I'll apologise now, I hated both of these lol. Sorry

Over The Wall - Thurso: Too sort of, what they'd describe as 'New Bore' for me, like Scottish Mumford and Sons, or as I'd like to say, incoherant rubbish lol. I genuinely couldn't hear a solitary word he sang and I disliked the accompanying instruments just as much. Really wasnt for me 1/10

Coming Home - Monsters On Movie Posters: Again, just really not the type of music I'd listen to. Didn't interest me at all. Long intro and when they got into it, wasn;t worth the wait I'm afraid. 2/10

Let the hate begin!

Magicman

Over The Wall - Thurso

Not bad. A little sappy for my taste. It sounds like a song you'd hear in the final scene in an episode of House. The harmonica doesn't help. If it's not John Popper or Neil Young it doesn't sound genuine to me and the ska flourish near the end sounded to much like the Bosstones. I don't like much ska outside Less Than Jake. I didn't like the vocals either.

3/10

Coming Home - Monsters On Movie Posters

Props to these guys for doing the whole 'band thing'. From first hand experience, I can tell you that it's not easy. This reminded me of a Radiohead cover band er something. I may have liked it more if the sound wasn't so muffled. It sounded like it had some heart in it, I just really don't like or care for the style at all.

2/10