Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club II

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinedown - Second Chance

Sorry Hanah, can't share my love for this band with you. I can't like typical bands, who have done the odd WWE entrance or PPV theme. To add on to it, the whole Post-Grunge (If that's how you want to classify them) band does radio-hit ballad has been done many times before and I can't name one good song. Like I said, not the stuff I'm into.

1/10

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold but the quickness was OK at best. Root said it though, they come off as c*nts and I dislike bands with high level's of c*ntishness.

3/10

RJD2 - The Horror

I'm sure I've heard this before, sounds like some remixed James Bond theme song or so. I like it, shall dig some more up from them.

8/10

Ugly Duckling - Slow The Flow

It's alright I guess. Can see what you mean, they are reminiscent of the Beastie Boys. Just drags a bit.

5/10

October Sky - Dark Visions

I thought I was gonna hate this but it turned out quite good. Liked the Tom Morello-esque soloish riff in the middle. Vocals are a tad off for my liking but the song as a whole isn't bad but nothing I'd look into.

6/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young

Nah sorry, didn't like it. I heard a bit of TV/TV and it's not my thing, same as this. Put this behind some mobile phone advert, that's where it belongs.

3/10

Swurve - Hiding Behind Your Shadow

It started good but then it slipped into some pop-punk mode. Couldn't bear the music, sorry mate.

2/10

Our Lady Peace - Heavyweight

Whatever, I mean the song, I liked that song. Now this must me some 10 years later right? Very different but it ain't bad. The lower part of the vocals sound like Jeff Hardy. :lol I read sometime ago that Matt Cameron helped them out, that's cool. The song gets 6/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

Finally catching up with this!

RJD2 - The Horror Well this is something that normally I wouldn't listen to, but it was quite catchy and easy to listen to! The kind of music I wouldn't mind leaving on in the background if I was busy doing something :P I'll give this 6/10!

Ugly Duckling - Slow The Flow This one I couldn't get into, sorry! The song just got on my nerves after awhile! 2/10

October Sky - Dark Visions This song was awesome! Favourite song from Music Club so far :) Definitely need to hear some more stuff from these guys! 9/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young Surprisingly I liked this :P Not normally my thing, but I thought it was quite catchy and I thought the vocals were good too! Singer sounds like someone I've heard before but I can't think who :? Never mind! 6/10

Swurve - Hiding Behind Your Shadow Some good songs in this round! I liked this one too! 6/10

OUR LADY PEACE - HEAVYWEIGHT Wow I haven't listened to any Our Lady Peace stuff for ages! Sounds quite different to what I remember of them! Think i prefer their older stuff, but I wouldn't say I dislike this! 5/10

Hurrah, all done now :)

October Sky - Dark Visions This song was awesome! Favourite song from Music Club so far :) Definitely need to hear some more stuff from these guys! 9/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young Surprisingly I liked this :P Not normally my thing, but I thought it was quite catchy and I thought the vocals were good too! Singer sounds like someone I've heard before but I can't think who :? Never mind! 6/10

Hannah if you like them, I'll PM you the link to their new album on Soundcloud, it comes out in the UK next week and it's really really really good. Not a bad track on it.

Also, Ghost Beach, the two of them used to be in TV/TV. A lot of their music is featured on Keeping Up With The Kardashians, the song Smoke and Mirrors was Cody Rhodes' old theme song (Dashing gimmick), and Josh has also had a very minor cameo in Lost aswell as being a mentor on MTV's Made :)

Guest Hanahbananabob
maybe thats why i recognise the voice then :P and yeah if you could that would be great thanks :) I'm listening to some of their stuff on Myspace at the moment :)

• 2 weeks later...

Up to speed, and ready for Round Three mahf*ckas!! Let's review some shizzle:

Hanahbananabob

Oh it’s that song. Hasn’t this been used on loads of stuff in the wrestling? And just in general? I feel like I’ve heard this song a crudload without ever actually knowing (or being bothered to find out) who it was. It’s inoffensive enough, but it’s typical music to be used at inspirational moments on reality TV shows. I don’t hate it, but there’s not really anything I like about this either. It’s just…there. I guess all I can do in this case is give it a 5/10. That seems fair?

Although I’ve heard the name A LOT, I’ll admit I’ve never actually sat down and listen to a A7x song (that\s how the cool kids spell it, right? :lol) First impressions…This dude sounds a LOT like Mike Patton. But not as good. Nowhere near as good. Again this is inoffensive enough, but it doesn’t really float my boat. I’ve got nothing overly bad to say about it, (well except it being a bit like a crap Faith No More, but there’s a lot of folks guilty of that. Including Faith No More at various points in time. :lol) It’s definitely got a bit more about it than that Shinedown song, so I’m gonna score it higher than that. It’s got a Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas themed video, so that’ll nudge it up a bit too. Hmm. 6/10

Root

RJD2 - The Horror

10/10!! I don't even need to hit play and I know this is a 10/10, I f*cking LOVE this tune. Exactly like you said dude, funky as hell with a dangerous streak running right through the middle of it. This kind of thing is right up my street, and I’ve had a sweet nostalgia trip because I haven’t heard this in so long. Thanks dude! :D

Ohoho!! And now just nonchalantly dropping a little Ugly Duckling on an unsuspecting audience? I can see right here that we should get along fabulously! :lol Yep, loving this track too, and like you say it’s a crying shme that UD haven’t made a much bigger name for themselves. That said though, I do kinda like them being a bit of a secret crush. It makes it extra special when I meet people who appreciate them too. :D Yup, not my favourite Ugly Duckling tune, but still a solid 9/10

Fletch

October Sky - Dark Visions

Oh this was doing so well until the dude started singing, but sing he did, and instantly it lost me. It’s competently done, but it’s just not my cup of tea. And to be honest 5 minutes of this turned into a real chore the further I got through it. I don’t hate it as such, I’d just rather not have to listen to it again. Only a 4/10 for this one, mostly because I don’t mind the instrumental intro and outro.

Ghost Beach - Too Young

Meh. It’s like it’s trying to be like an updated version of the Cure or something, but not quite achieving anything near it. I imagine a buttload of people would be quite into this, but it’s a bit too…wishy-washy (?) for my tastes. Again, it’s not like I’ve got a vehement hatred for it (I reserve that for One Direction, Jessie J, and other such tw*ts), but it’s nothing I’d go out of my way to ever listen to again. And this doesn’t has the nifty instrumental intro and outro going for it. 3/10

B-Man

I can’t help but get an overall feeling of “average rock band is average” from this. There’s nothing wrong with it as such, it just doesn’t have anything that makes it stand out from the literal THOUSANDS of other bands out there who do this to small roomfuls of people every weekend in rock bars around the country. It’s even got the exact same low budget “live performance” music video that so many others have. I’ve got nothing overly bad to say about it, but I can’t think of anything that good to say about it either. Straight up 5/10 material.

OUR LADY PEACE – HEAVYWEIGHT

Okay, this seems better than the last song. I can’t listen to someone singing over this type of music without instantly thinking of bands like Muse, but I don’t like Muse, and I quite like this, so that’s something going in this song’s favour. Once again it’s not my kind of thing (although I couldn’t tell you for definite what my “thing” is?), but it’s not like it’s leaping out the speakers and aurally raping me in horrible fashion. It’s the kind of song that I could quite happily have going on in the background whilst doing something else, or sat in a bar or something, but it’s not something I’d flick on my iPod or anything like that. It’s decent, but it doesn’t set my world alight. I reckon it’s at least worth a 7/10 though.

Root

RJD2 - The Horror

It started and it reminded me of some kind of 80s American show. I actually really liked it, reminded me of someone else who had that whole sort of 80s nostalgia down, The Avalanches. The bass line is also really funky, as well as the occasional sound bits that sound like they're pulled straight from 1969 Scooby Doo

8/10

While not exactly my cup of tea, I can see the similarity to Beastie Boys, reminds me of some decent late 90's stuff of the same ilk. Would of been at home on a Tony Hawk soundtrack for sure. Not offensive for sure.

6/10

B-Man

It's not that bad, seems very average at best though. Usual sort of stuff you'd find on local radio trying to get airplay to promote a local gig, but nothing that would ever go mainstream. I really didn't mind it at all though, I don't think I'd check them out, but this song wouldn't be turned off

7/10

OUR LADY PEACE – HEAVYWEIGHT

I LOVE(D) Our Lady Peace, from the brilliance of Clumsy and 4am, to Is Anybody Home, Whatever and Not Enough. It sadly seems they've really missed a beat with this, because it's just not very good. For a song, who, when I saw who it was by I got very excited for, it let me down so much. It's made me thankful OLP have such a good back catalogue because this has put me off trying their new stuff

2/10

FINISH THIS!

Okay. Here we go.

Lucal

Comus - Diana

Unique and very different to what I normally listen to, but WOW! This is utterly fantastic. I'll be on the look out for more. The vocals and drums are great.

8/10

"The Shame" by The Blood Brothers

Am I wrong in thinking this is kinda The Mars Volta-ish? The change ups and vocals are nicely transitioned. I really like this. The lyrics are awesome! Mother of god, that ending! Would jam again easily.

8/10

Hannah'sabitbananas

Shinedown is one of the only mainstream bands that I like and I've liked them for a very long time. Their version of Simple man is one of my favorite songs and means so much to me personally.

This is a good song. Good pacing, great vocals and lyrics. I love the bridge and chorus. Just lovely.

7/10

I hate this thieving band and everything they stand for. I'd rather gouge out my eyes than listen to any abortion they've ever recorded. Die in a fire A7x

0/10

Root(s Bloody Roots)

RJD2 - The Horror

Well well well, what do we have here? Gatdamn this is nice and dirty. This is along the lines of the music in my head when picking up girls. I love the beats and sampling. Fantastic! I'll be listening to more of this for sure.

8/10

Ugly Duckling"Slow the Flow"

Straight DOPE! I love this kind of hip hop er whatever. It's nice and mellow, upbeat. I don't listen to a lot of stuff like this, but this is killer. Great choices, Root.

8/10

Fletcheroo

October Sky-Dark Visions

I liked the intro. Nice bass work but as soon as the singer opened his mouth I died a little inside. I've just never been into this kind of mainstream radio rock. Total cookie cutter band.

2/10 Points for the bass player.

Ghost Beach "Too Young"

Shut up you whiny jerk! I don't like this at all. There's nothing unique or captivating about this. Sorry, Fletch, I'm just not into this stuff at all.

1/10

Big Bad Barry Gower

Another big nope. Feels like I've heard this song a thousand times even though I've never heard it before. Very mediocre.

2/10

OUR LADY PEACE - HEAVYWEIGHT

They have a song or two I don't mind. This isn't one of 'em I'm afraid. I just don't like the vocals. It's pop rock 101. It's just... well, weak to be honest.

1/10

Done. Sign me up for the next round, Mookie.

Guest Magic

Gettin' my sh*t together.

Maxxy

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE - The Violation

Really liked the Intro, loved the strings. This is something that I can enjoy, but wouldn't listen to it on a daily basis. I need to be in a really specific mood for it. The vocals reminded me of Corey Taylor, which isn't a bad thing, the drums and the classical elements where the best part for me. I also enjoyed the softer vocals that kicked in half way through. A respectable 7/10

Kylesa - Hollow Severer

This kind of bored me. I didn't really enjoy his vocals and the music didn't really do anything for me. It was a bid bland. I can see myself rocking out to it in a club when under the influence, but I don't think I'd listen to it in the house. 5/10

Deeser

Comus - Diana - At first I was all "wtf?" But then I was all like "Not bad." In all seriousness, this was weird as sh*t but in a way that just kept me hooked right til the end. I liked some of the music midway through, couldn't name the instrument though. And the creepy vocals were cool too. Yeah, I like it! 7/10

Blood Brothers - The Shame - When this first kicked in I immediately thought it was something a bit more up my street. And I was right in way, but I enjoyed certain aspects of the song more than others. The quite bits were really good, but didn't care for it as much when the louder parts kicked in. 6/10

Hannah

Shinedown - Second Chance - This is definitely something that I'd listen to. Yeah, only a minute in and I know I'm gonna give it a good rating. Good vocals, and I like the melody. Not much more to say except I like it. 8/10

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country - I've never been that huge on Avenged Sevenfold, mainly because I don't really like to tone of M. Shadows voice. The music is good, and something that I'd happily listen too, but I wouldn't listen to this again because I just don't like the vocals. 4/10

Root

RJD2 - The Horror - Didn't enjoy this that much. The tune started to annoy me a bit, and I just felt like I was waiting for it to go somewhere, and it just didn't. It felt like it would be in the background of a movie montage, of a detective looking around corners trying to follow someone. Not really for me, 3/10

Ugly Duckling - Slow The Flow - This sounds better, already liking this more. The vocals are cool, not crazy about the music in the background, but the vocals make up for it. I like this kind of music when done properly. If it wasn't for the annoy sounds like the decks etc plastered throughout, it would get a higher rating 6/10

Fletchy

October Sky - Dark Visions - I loved the intro, I love me an extended epic intro. I like the vocals, I generally like this kind of thing, as generic as it is, I enjoy it. The chorus was catch and cool. Nice choice. 8/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young - My first thought was I don't like that drums. As I said above, I don't mind a softer vocal, but the music doesn't do much for me. The drums especially were annoying throughout. And a little too electronic for my tastes, not as good as the above song. 4/10

Baz

Swurve - Hiding Behind Your Shadow - I like it. I like the music, it's simple but enjoyable. The chorus is probably the best part, not overly crazy about the verse, but in general quite inoffensive and I could easily listen to it if it came on the radio without me wanting to turn off. 7/10

Our Lady Piece - Heayweight - It started off a bit boring but as it kicked in I definitely started to like this more. Nice chorus. I like the quite, background vocals throughout and the melody for the chorus keeps my interest. Nice bridge too with the quiet clean guitar. Like it. 8/10