Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club II

Guest Hanahbananabob

Sorry for the delay, I've only just finished work! Arghh this is actually really difficult to just pick 2 songs! But here we go....

Shinedown - Second Chance

I love this song, I can listen to it all the time without getting fed up of it :)

[video=youtube;H25ORRgLxdA]

Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Again, with this song, it's just awesome and i love the instrumental bit in the middle! slightly weird video though lol!

[video=youtube;IHS3qJdxefY]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hanahbananabob

Comus - Diana

Quite possibly the weirdest thing I've ever listened to....seriously listening to that freaked me out :lol I honestly have no idea what to say about it or how to score it....I'm really sorry but I really hope I never hear that again lol! 2/10

The Blood Brothers - The Shame

Well this one wasnt so scary! But it just wasn't really something I could get into, sorry! 3500 plays? thats crazy, my top played song has about 100 :lol But I will give this one 4/10!

Catch-up time!

Herr. Shaun. Tujays.

Brad-Screen.

Sounded amazingly familiar as it started until the lyrics kicked in. While the drums leave a lot to be desired, I actually really liked it, pretty haunting.

8/10

P-Michael stipe

Average at best, reminds me of middle of the road REM. not for me.

3/10

Herr. Dante of Spears

Ramin Karimloo-Til I hear you sing

Hated it, would never ever ever choose to listen to this I'm afraid.

1/10

Stevie Wonder-Misrepresented People

again, not something I'd ever listen to. Outside of Supersticious and I Just Called, I'd never ever listen to Stevie wonder. Sorry

2/10

Herr. Maxximius of The powers That Be.

FLESHGOD APOCOLYPE-The Violation

Maxx is far too metal for this, I liked the 50 second intro, if I could of had that go into something a bit more Within Temptation/Nightwish, I'd of loved it. That being said, my days of headbanging to this at the local shithole in Wolverhampton are long gone, and I prefer softer sounds now lol.

For the intro alone I'm giving it 4/10.

Kylesa-Hollow Severer

Again, way too heavy for me these days. I have a lot of friends who'd love this, but sadly, I do not. Lyrics sound very punky, which instantly makes them better than the other song you picked's vocals. But I just can't dig this, sucka.

2/10

Herr. Chris Deesermicht.

Comus-Diana

Starts weird, the bass is weird alone, let alone the lyrics. It's really trippy, if I were high, this would send me over the edge. having said that, I feel stoned listening to it. It's not bad, and grows on you too

5/10

The Blood Brothers-The Shame

i've heard this before somewhere. The actual music was decent, but I can't stand the vocals, he sounds like he's trying to sound slightly retarded, which he achieves. When it picks up, it's a little better.

4/10

Frau. Hannah Farbissiner

Shinedown-Second Chance

Kudos for a track I know incredibly well. and love, so instant points lol. the music club is indeed more to open your ears and minds to new music, and I've picked up some new music over my stints in it, but sometimes you just can't beat a classic. Emotive, thought provoking and Brent at his utter best. I prefer this sort of shinedown to the heavier stuff. 'I just hayley's comet surely, said why you always running place?'

9/10

A7X-Bat Country

Another popular track. i liked a bit of M Shadows, Afterlife being my fave. NEver been the biggest fan, or indeed of this track, but I have had a respect for it ever since I played it on Guitar Hero 2. Yes, really. The chorus is catchy too.

7/10

Guest Hanahbananabob
It's weird that my songs on here are classed as popular and well known, because none of my friends have a clue who A7X and Shinedown are lol! next time i will have to try and find less common stuff :P

What kind of weird friends do you have? They're both popular as hell amongst people I know. I'm a bit of a hipster though so people don;t know some of the bands I like, until they do, and then I won't like them as much

I'd say scene wise and to wrestling fans too who are interested in the odd theme, Avenged Sevenfold and Shinedown are pretty well-known. I'll get my reviews up in the week.

Comus - Diana

Feed me more of this weird shieeeeeeet! The 70's had some psychedelic things to offer and then you mix it with folk of some sorts and baaam you're on a trip. Great stuff

8/10

Couldn't stand the vocals, grated my ears and I'm not too keen on the music but it was OK towards the end. Not for me though.

3/10

I'll get the other two songs up ASAP, my proxy for Youtube isn't working.

B-Man, Root and Fletch, it's your turn so if you have some reviewing to do get them in before you post your picks!

Guest Root

Sorry for lateness.

Til' I Hear you Sing - Ramin Karimloo

An interesting choice. The guys got a good voice. It feels like it takes a long time for the song to actually get going, really only coming to life over half way through. That was my initial opinion anyway. On a second playthrough though that actually made much more sense, and made me like it more. It's definately not the sort of thing I'd normally like, but tells a good story. 6/10

Misrepresented People - Stevie Wonder

I really didn't like the first minute, where it sounded like something from medieval times. The tune got better after that, but it never really felt particularly interesting. To be honest, I think the Spike Lee association put me off. I really can't stand that guy. So anything he's involved with immediately gets written off. 2/10

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE - The Violation

The music was great, and then the vocals kicked in. Uuurgh. I do like my metal brutal, but I also like to be able to at least somewhat makeout words. Never overly been into the whole death or black metal scenes. I have dabbled and found some things I do like such as Dimmu Borgir. This wouldn't be amongst my choices though. I just find that when it's all this fast and all this growled, it really is just noise. 3/10

Kylesa - Hollow Severer

God damn I love Kylesa. Static Tensions is one of my favourite albums of the past ten years. They really just don't do bad music at all. This is another track of pure awesomeness by them. Crunchy, heavy guitars and a more accessible vocal style than the last song. 9/10

Diana by Comus

It just made me feel like I should be dancing around a cauldron while boiling some people for tea. Weirdness indeed. I don't know how to rate something like that. It just feels like a novelty record. I don't get it. Sorry. 0/10

The Shame by The Blood Brothers

Now this is more like it. The duel vocals, switching from normal singing to screeching is great stuff. Blood Brothers were awesome. All over the place and a mess, but always in control and utterly ace. 8/10

I always feel I should dislike Shinedown, but they aren't that bad. A bit too hollowly earnest and mainstream orientated for my normal tastes y'see. Yes, I'm smug and alternative. But the singer does have a good voice, and there's some nice guitar work. 5/10

My single most hated band in the world today. Just awful. I actually owned and liked their second album, back before they turned into a poor man's Guns & Roses. Everything about then just makes me spew vile. His stupid voice, the carefully orcehstrated image, the fact that they are all complete dicks in any/every interview I've ever read.....AAAARGH. I think I hate them more than Crazy Town. Hell, at least CT disappeared nearly as quickly as they arrived. -666/10

Guest Root

Apologies for double post. My computer is on the fritz so can't edit my other post.

I've decided to change my two choices. Originally I was going to post two metal/rock tracks. Nu Beginnings by Here Comes The Kraken and Muther by letlive. But since there's been a fair amount of that style of music already, I've switched it up. So

I've gone for a bit of electronica and some hip-hop.

RJD2 - The Horror

[video=youtube;abeUTN9OB8I]

I love this track. It's good a cool funkiness to it, and a nice undercurrent of menace and danger. RJD2's early work was immense (this is from '03).

Ugly Duckling - Slow The Flow

[video=youtube;HDtE6XXCAbw]

I don't understand how UD aren't way bigger than they are. They are every bit as good as Beastie Boys. Comedy mixed with tight rhyming and delivery. Super impressive live also. I saw them in Plymouth at the start of this year. They were playing in a tiny cafe to a handful of people. They were brilliant, but it's just criminal they are still playing such small places (they've been going since '93).

Right, I've shown complete dedication to this, as I've had to upload a video just to make sure the song was available :P

Up first, is the video I had to upload. I only discovered these guys last week. They're a Canadian band who pretty much live in the UK now. They've been touring and only have samples of their new album on their site yet. I heard this one and then they put the full song up on Soundcloud. I really love this, it's the type of rock I really love. Everything about it clicks. What's more is the band are awesome guys. Being a hipster I didn't want to share it, but hey, here it is, please enjoy the wonder of:

October Sky - Dark Visions :D

[video=youtube_share;R8e7jBnPMvU]

Secondly for consecutive Music Clubs' I'm giving some props to my bro Josh Ocean and his amazing music. I've a lot of time for Josh, he's actually been a really good person to talk to about a lot of stuff when I've had problems or whatever. I was gutted when he split from TV/TV but they've actually took a lot of the unreleased music and made it more dancy with the new band. Having only recently heard the original of this, I'm amazed how different this song is, but I think it's just amazing, one of my top played songs and an anthem for the summer.

Ghost Beach - Too Young

[video=youtube_share;qbM4qarrDeM]http://youtu.be/qbM4qarrDeM

Edited by Fletch

Guest The B-Man

The Magic

Over The Wall - Thurso

I quite liked the music in this but there was times the Scottish Accent was too much. Mainly when he went for the higher notes.

Rating: 4/10

Coming Home, by Monsters on Movie Posters

The quality of the recording let this down a fair bit. The lyrics a liked but generally though the music was quite drab. Not my cup of tea this one.

Rating: 2/10

Shaun2J

Brad - Screen

I liked this, but it didn't fully grab me. Might be something would properly grow on me though.

Rating: 5/10

P - Michael Stipe

I started off liking this and it seemed to get worse the more it went on for me.

Overall Rating: 1/10

Dante Spears

Til' I Hear you Sing - Ramin Karimloo

Guys voice is alright, lyrics were ok,but not for me.

Overall Rating: 2/10

Misrepresented People - Stevie Wonder

I've not heard that much Stevie Wonder, but this has to be one of the worst choices of his. I can't find anything positive about this one:(

0/10

Maxximus

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE - The Violation

This is typical of metal music for me and it's what ruins a lot of it for me. The music was quality. The signing was god awful. For the mucis alone though i could bare it.

Overall rating 4/10

Kylesa - Hollow Severer

This sounded like some Sid Vicious meets Lemmy clustef*kc. A Big thumbs down,sorry Maxx.

Overall - 1/10

dsrchris

Comus-Diana

Started off sounding like The Specials. I liked the strings during the middle off this. Actually liked it ina strange way but don't see myself every listening to it again.

Overall - 5/10

I wasn't fussed on this at the start, then it turned to screaming. The music did nothing for me either. Starting to think im really fussy.

Overall - 1/10

Hanahbananabob

Didn't need to listen to this. Great song,great band.

Overall - 8/10

Not one of my fav songs of theres and i find this band more miss than hit. But it's alright.

Overall 5/10

Root

RJD2 - The Horror

Love that bassline. Very much yes, this is something will get another listen and if the rest of their stuff is like this I will definately check them out.

Overall - 7/10

Ugly Duckling - Slow The Flow

Wouldn't be that in to this type of music and thought this was poor considering.

Overall - 1/10

Fletch

October Sky - Dark Visions

I liked the vocal and the music but for some reason I didn't like them together. The start of the song was class then I thought it lost it's way.

Overall 3/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young

Something about this irretated my ears, think it was the weird beat.

0/10

Ok for my choice now I guess

First

A band one of my best mates used to play bass in before he became a daddy and had to quit the band for various reasons.

Swurve - Hiding Behind Your Shadow

[video=youtube_share;Hh9U_a_msOc]

Second

A band i've liked for years, Our Lady Peace. First single off of their newest album

OUR LADY PEACE - HEAVYWEIGHT

[video=youtube_share;OfwPGZxIXz4]http://http://youtu.be/OfwPGZxIXz4

Guest Root

October Sky - Dark Visions

The first minute and a half is very cool and awesome. I worried a bit just before the vocals came in as the music took a minor turn an I thought it was gonna go off and be all wet. But the the vocals came in, and it was okay. I'd be interested to hear more stuff by them. A decent song. 7/10

Ghost Beach - Too Young

Yeah I quite liked this. It's probably not the sort of thing I'd buy or go out of my way to listen to, but it's perfectly enjoyable. Happy, upbeat, very summery. Maybe I would play it at a BBQ. That feels appropriate. 6/10

Swurve - Hiding Behind Your Shadow

Not really feeling the love. For the first minute it was so so. Then the chorus came in. I can't really explain why, but I hated that chorus. Maybe it was because it goes up so much and is actually properly sung and I'm more used to shouted or growled stuff (or no chorus at all). Maybe it was just that when he did sing the chorus it didn't feel particularly memorable or unique. I don't know, I can't explain this properly. But it left me not liking it. 3/10

OUR LADY PEACE - HEAVYWEIGHT

Now this IS unique. Raine Maida has one of the most amazing voices in music today. I'd take him over Matt Bellamy of Muse as my favourite, most unusual voiced vocalist in music. I've been a big fan of OLP since '97. Their modern output isn't quite as enjoyable as the older stuff to me. They do feel like (over the last two albums) they've kinda grown in epicness. Before, a lot of their songs felt smaller, invtroverted and more personal. They certainly aren't bad now, just different. But overall Our Lady Peace are awesome. I saw them many years back supporting Avril Lavigne at Brixton Academy in London. Raine and his wife Chantal Kreviazuk - who's also a great singer) co-wrote a fair amount of the songs on Avril's earlier albums. It's a Canadian thing :) 9/10

aahhh I'll get my reviews in, sometime in the week. Until then this club is finished. so the next one will start in a few weeks time, if anyone wants to see it earlier then let's see some hands!