Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Last wrestling match you watched.

Guest ADC

Mine was Jun Akiyama & Shiro Kashinaka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji fron Pro Wrestling NOAH from 2005, which was a decent match, it included a slap battle, which was fun. In stark contrast, the last match I saw before that was Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate warrior, title vs. title, from Wrestlemania 1990, an exceptional match despite Warrior being clearly somewhat inadequate. Tremendous carry job by Hogan. Over to you...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

I have a bad feeling that the Angle/Cena thread is going to make me go nuts on both guys.

Kurt Angle vs Ric Flair, Raw 27/6/05 - Amazingly amazing stuff. Old Man Flair put in the performance of a lifetime, which is great because the story was Old Man Flair giving the performance of a lifetime. So smart and so, so much fun.

Kurt Angle vs Jay Lethal, No Surrender 2007 - Loved this too. I love 'star makes a midcarder' matches, and this was a great one. With the caveat that I havent revisited Lockdown '08 in years, possibly the best match Angle has had in TNA.

Guest Canned Heat
I just watched a full length Raw from late Feb, 2001. First off....The feeling of promos back then was 10x better than now. But, the last match on the card was Rock v Angle v Big Show...Pretty good. And I loved the ending.

Guest The Beltster
Grand Finale Match of Survival - Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior & Tito Santana (!) vs Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, Power & Glory and The Warlord (The Visionaries). Last match at Survivor Series 1990.

Grand Finale Match of Survival - Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior & Tito Santana (!) vs Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, Power & Glory and The Warlord (The Visionaries). Last match at Survivor Series 1990.
I'm amazed that WWE never did that type of match again as it made so much sense and added a little extra to all of the undercard matches too.

The last current match I watched was The Ascension v The Usos from this week's NXT, while the last historic match I watched was Rob Van Dam v Balls Mahoney from Anarchy Rulz '99 (which I watched this afternoon while doing the dishes).

Guest Horse149

R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Epico & Primo from Superstars 7/09/12.

A decent match, would just like to say Truth and Kingston are easily the most underrated and misused superstars on the WWE roster right now

Guest Jimmy Redman

The Kofi-Truth match above was really, really fun.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett, Bound for Glory 2008

Apparently now it is my new mission to unearth all of the good Angle in TNA matches.

This one was great. In terms of cumulative total Jarrett is probably Angle's best TNA opponent, and this was the beginning of Jarrett's post-HHH run as a veteran babyface/heel, which is so much better than his run as HHH its ridiculous. The story of Jarrett's comeback was worked extremely well. Physically everything worked. Even really micro level stuff like Angle selling the Figure Four, which is stuff you usually dont see out of him. The Foley finish is meh but whatever. Great match.

Its matches like this that make me so frustrated with Angle the rest of the time. He is capable of so, so much greatness when he's not wrestling like he's in a video game.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I'm starting to go crazy again. I've been watching a bunch of early Angle PPV matches, including ones against Jericho, Benoit, Tazz, etc.

No kidding, it was Kane at WM18 I liked the best. There really must be something wrong with me.

Watching Benoit at WMX7, I swear to God, 5 minutes in I thought I had found my Angle/Benoit match. Then it kind of never got going. And Paul Heyman annoyed the hell out of me on commentary. I'm going to have to revisit some more 2001 since my memories of him commentating are positive, but he talks like Matt Striker during this match, he's terrible.

Jushin Liger v Brian Pillman from the very first Nitro (I'm watching The Best of Nitro) and it was a great match. As an added bonus, it was nice seeing the commentators go mental for moves that are transitional-at-best today.

Skip vs Rad Radford from Superstars, 1-7-96 (RIP boys). It was Louie's last mach in the wwe as Rad Radford. There's also a nice Ted Dibiase Promo as well as a Vader vignette following the match.

Call the WWF hotline 24 hours a day 7 days a week for all your WWF news! (nostalgia)

Link for anyone interested - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x65xt0_skip-vs-rad-radford-ted-dibiase-pro_sport