Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club IV

Killswitch Engage - End Of The Heartache

I don't get these guys. I should like them. I know I should. But I just... meh. They wash over me. Could be any one of about 5 bands. They sound better live, I'll give them that. Quite digging this one, even with the obligatory "WUUUUUURGGAAAAAAAH" bits that don't help the song.

7/10

Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror

This is right up my avenue (Fnaaar!) these days (Phil, check out Eclipse - awesome band!) and as such, I'm digging this a lot. Sounds a bit Alestorm-y in places too, which is no bad thing. Love it.

9/10

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edgehead

Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache

Haven't heard much of this band, I'm only really familiar with This Fire Burns for obvious reasons but this was a cool song I enjoyed it & it seems they perform well live & the crowd were really into it which always makes for a great atmosphere.

7/10

I've never heard of this band but I really liked this, found myself nodding along to it without even realising :lol. The crowd were really into this one as well. Good stuff, might have to check out more of this band.

8/10

Guest Edgehead

The Union - Easy Street

Good live performance & a decent enough sounding song but nothing I'd go out of my way to listen to again. Ok for a bit of a change I guess.

6/10

Halestorm - It's Not You

Don't even need to watch the video to review this, I love Halestorm, I've been to see them live twice & I've seen that Live in Philly gig before.

This is a good song, not my favourite one of theirs but still good & I've heard it many times. Lzzy Hale has a really powerful voice & she is awesome live. Good stuff.

9/10

The Union - Easy Street

Inno's obligatory picks makes it into the round again. No worries, I do the same. :xyx Music is alright but for me it's easily forgettable.

5/10

Halestorm - It's Not You

Didn't expect that, it ripped my face off. She has a nice powerful voice but the music isn't really my stuff. Extra points for the surprise effect.

5/10

Okay, my reviews. We all remember the 2/10 thing...well my opinions haven't changed much. However, since this is a live music club (the reason I wanted in again) I'm going to judge the performances on a whole, rather than just the music aspect. As for the music part, I will try my very best to be more fair, and the less a song makes me want to rip my ears off, the better....having said that, I'm also going to try and get into the mindset of my younger, kid self, when I did actually used to listen to a wide variety of genres, looking for something that I couldn't get enough of. Anyway, enough of that, onto my reviews.

Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache - Did these guys do CM Punks old theme? Because believe it or not, but that was one of the only non-rap songs I've liked in recent years. As for this one, it's not as good as the CM Punk theme. The music actually reminds me of a number of things that sound very similar I've heard in movies and games and stuff. As for the performance itself, it looks just like any other concert. Anyway, this didn't make me want to rip my ears off, but it isn't as good as the CM Punk theme, so 5/10.

Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror - Already the performance aspect is more interesting than the previous video, with the lighting and whatnot. The crowd looks tightly packed in...I'll never understand why people enjoy being squeezed uncomfortably in a large crowd while loud music ruins their eardrums. Anyway, this suprisingly sounds pretty good. I like the fast pace of it, and it's not too loud. A very pleasant suprise, this definately didn't make me want to rip my ears off, I actually quite liked it! I didn't expect that. This is going on my small list of non-rap songs I've liked in recent years. 7/10.

The Union - Easy Street - Performance wise, this looked like any other concert. I'm not really liking the singing, and the music is just.....music. It didn't make me want to rip my ears off, but I didn't really like it either, so 4/10.

Halestorm - It's Not You - Immediately, it starts with that singing thing that annoys me...there's just something about anybody singing high and/or long, drawn out notes like that that irritates me greatly. At least this wasn't completely made up of that. The music is just.....music. The performance looks like any other concert. The first thirty seconds made me want to rip my ears off, the rest didn't, but it loses points for that thirty seconds, and the music didn't do much for me. 3/10.

The Union - Easy Street

I actually really like the music to this track, I just can't stand that dude's voice. It's just so...stereotypical rock singer? Like, he's throwing in the obligatory "whoayeaaahs" and all the other kinda cliche rock singer tricks. Like Bon Jovi. And I don't like Bon Jovi. But the music is cool. I think music alone earns it a 5/10.

Halestorm - It's Not You

I've never heard of this band before, but I think I'm a little bit in love. Not with the band itself, I could take or leave the music, but man Lizzie Hale is all kinds of HAWT! Yowzers. So yeah, thanks Inno. :D

Oh yeah, the score. Not bad, but not anything exciting. 6/10

Hands off Lzzy Hale, I saw her first! I should also note, I was at that Union gig, it was a charity thing and the first time The Union had played as a band in Scotland. I was exceedingly drunk and the other couple of vids of them from that gig show one very drunk long haired fool throwing up devil horns and singing and pogoing like a loon. Guess who that would be :/

Okay then, my picks. Language Warning on both of these.

First of all is this:

Tech N9ne featuring Krizz Kaliko & Ces Cru - Unfair

[video=youtube;WA3MsFLRaAg]

And secondly is this, which I've already posted in the 'What are you Listening To?' thread, but whatever.

Purple Duck - Duck Mafia

[video=youtube;r30uRADVd9M]

Guest Edgehead

Sorry this just isn't my kind of music at all, just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it's fine if you like that sort of thing but I really don't.

3/10

Purple Duck - Duck Mafia

Again, this type of music just isn't my thing. Sorry, didn't like it

3/10

I don't know, I'm not into this "let's f**k some pussies in the front row" to start off with. I actually like the tune but it dragged along a bit and I like it when 4 or 5 guys are rapping around.

4/10

Purple Duck - Duck Mafia

This is certainly different, I think I remember you posting it before. The tune sounds like they tuned down Clint Eastwood (?) from the Gorillaz. I think it's alright but it gets Funfair like annoying when he scratches and echoes.

5/10

Undoubtedly the worst non Rebecca Black song I've heard all year.

1/10

Purple Duck - Duck Mafia

Eh... sounds like a pub gig gone badly wrong. Not my scene, at all, sorry :/

1/10

Heartache by Killswitch Engage

Not shabby, a bit 'ragh gah arrghhh' in places for my taste. But still a decent track, great drums. 5/10

Far too heavy for me to be honest. Feels far too much like the sort of stuff a teenage boy would listen to in order to shock his parents in 1992. 5/10

The Union - Easy Street

Reminds me of someone, but I cant think who. Good voice I think. The crowd look amazingly bored. :lol 6/10

Halestorm - It's Not You

Very 80s cartoon theme song feel to the womans voice, shame the music is utterly interchangable with half of the stuff played on a rock night. :/ Mixed bag for me. 5/10

Terrible. OK the guy can talk quick and sounds smooth with it, but it sounds horrible to me. The crowd look either so bored they are about to fall asleep, or so stoned they will eat the fat, afro guy. 1/10

Purple Duck - Duck Mafia

Is this serious or a parody track? If serious its a 0/10. If a parody then a 7/10.