Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club IV

Anthrax - I Am The Law

F**king love Anthrax and this my favourite song of theirs aswell, great choice Maxxxxxxxxx

9/10

Pixies - Gouge Away

I was never a fan of The Pixies but this is okay, always thought they were overrated.

4/10

Lissie - The Pursuit of Happiness

She has a good voice buy not my cuppa I'm afraid, average at best.

4/10

Scroobius Pip - Gett Off

Well I hate Prince and this is shit aswell, sorry :(

3/10

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mookie, that's a variation of the Telecaster right and not a Mustang?

You might be right, I don't think the Mustang came in a semi hollow body.

edit:

Just double checked, you're right. It's a Tele. Mustangs do come in semi- hollow body though. You learn something everyday.

Edited by Maxximus

Anthrax - I Am The Law

Very tight performance. Not my ususal cup of tea, but this isnt half bad. The vocals are a cut above the norm for this genre. 6/10

Pixies - Gouge Away - I do like me a bit of Pixies now and then. This is a pretty damn fine little blast, loving hearing the crowd likthat! 8/10

Lissie - The Pursuit of Happiness -

... this just redefined perfect. I loved it stupid much. 10/10 with ease!

Scroobius Pip - Get Off

I like Scroobius Pip, but this did nothing for me. Still the performance was OK and the skills are evident. 5/10

• 2 weeks later...

Maxximus

Anthrax - I Am The Law

YES! \m/ Love me some Anthrax, and this is pretty damn good. Not screamy. Not shouty. Damn good. Love love love!

9/10

Pixies - Gouge Away

I have a weird relationship with the Pixies, I wouldn't ever say they're one of my fave bands, but I like pretty much everything I've heard from them. No exception here. That bass line is awesome.

9/10

DSRChris

Lissie - Pursuit of Happiness

Meh. Jangly guitars, upbeat vocals. Meh. It's alright, not bad, just could be almost anyone. It sounds generic, to me. Sorry.

5/10

Scroobius Pip - Gett Off

Never see the fuss about this guy. But it gets a bonus point instantly for being in Glasgow. This is a pretty average cover of a great song. Sounds like something a pub band would do, to be honest. Not my bag.

5/10

Guest Edgehead

Apologies for the uber lateness of these reviews guys :)

Anthrax - I Am The Law

This wasn't bad but I can't see myself listening to it again & like someone else said it was a bit too long & found my attention waning about halfway through. Not bad but not great

5/10

Pixies - Gouge Away

This was good I really quite enjoyed this one. Might have to check out some more of their stuff.

I'll give this a solid 8/10

Really enjoyed this one, I do love a good rock chick :lol

Great song, great vocals. Can't believe I haven't heard more of her, I'll be fixing that in the near future!

9/10

Scroobius Pip - Get Off

Sorry this one did nothing for me, just not my sort of thing & certainly not something I'd listen to again. Think I'll give the Prince version a miss as well :lol

2/10

Guest Edgehead
I liked that Lissie track so muchI have (legally) aquired all her stuff. Now to work my way through them.

I've legally downloaded that track & also her cover of Go Your Own Way. Haven't got to her other stuff yet though