Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 7, 2013 from Tampa, FL (#1024)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Jan. 7, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Jan. 8, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, FL

Confirmed Matches/Events

First RAW of 2013

The Rock to Appear

WWE Championship: TLC Match:

CM Punk © vs. Ryback

Build to the Royal Rumble

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fatherof10minis
i expect a great title match from punk and ryback but punk will win. I cannot fathom ending the most important title reign in a long time on raw. Ryback is not the man to do it. I have a good feeling its gonna involve the Shield helping Punk again, Punk gets the pin and begins to celebrate then to get rock bottomed by the rock at the close of the show. Most importantly I hope it is the main event and it won"t involve Cena in anyway.

WWE.com is saying that the WWE Title match will kick off the show.

Given the build they have put into Punk vs. Rock at the Rumble, I cannot see them throwing that away. The only way I could see that happening is if Punk is still injured or injured worse than we thought.

It almost goes without saying, but I imagine that we will see The Shield interfere on Punk's behalf, which may or may not set up a run-in from The Rock.

SHENANIGANS AHOY!!

Edited by Kam

Punk does so many little things right. I know it's not really significant, but I like things like him positioning a ladder and walking under it.

Guest Canned Heat

Cena v Ziggler was awesome. Ziggler is flat out awesome. Can't be debated.

TLC? Awesome. Once again, SMARKS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WWE AND THEN GO TO THE SHOWS AND CHANT GOLDBERG. DO YOU THINK THAT MAKES THE SHOW LOOK GOOD? WHEN YOU ARE VERBALLY BURYING A WRESTLER? Either way, it was really good. Although, who turned the lights out? Maddox....

First off, I liked Punks "pipebomb" just not as much as everyone else probably did. I think if Cena or any other top guy went out and said the EXACT same thing. Everyone would think it was a good promo, too. But thats extremely nit picky and who knows, i might be wrong.

Where Punk really shined was with Rock. My.oh.My. He verbally whipped Rocky's a**. And Rock...what was that? Being "funny" (I'm using that lightly) doesn't sell tickets for a main event. Intensity sells tickets. Imagine if Austin would have come out with Tyson and just told him he didn't have any nuts and that he loves the people. No, Austin came out there and told Tyson he didn't care who he was, it was his ring and he was gonna whoop that a**.

Rock could have done the EXACT same thing almost. Came out, told Punk that he was standing in HIS ring. He was employed by HIS company. And he is gonna take HIS belt back for the first time in 10 years. Intensity, not jokes.

And thats why the last minute of Rock's promo was awesome. He didn't mess around as much (still said he didn't have nuts). He just had the look on his face. He wanted to kill Punk. Then he Rock Bottomed him and showed INTENSITY. I loved the ending.

But yeah, Punk 1 Rock 0

Guest The Beltster
Verbally whipped the Rocks ass? Haha, Punk was as lame as usual. He looked like Mr Indy wrestler in there with a real star.

Guest Canned Heat
Verbally whipped the Rocks ass? Haha, Punk was as lame as usual. He looked like Mr Indy wrestler in there with a real star.

Well, obviously you are gonna say that considering you don't like Punk. But if you look past that, you'll see someone who verbally abused one of the greatest talkers in WWE history. Easily.

Yeah, to be fair you say "as lame as usual" but I say "as awesome as usual".

I'm worried about the Rock. Since he came back last year for the Cena thing, he's just seemed a shadow of the Great one we all know and love. I think it's still that thing that in my mind he's not a wrestler anymore, he's a celebrity who used to be a wrestler.

I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but welcome to how my mind works!