Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 7, 2013 from Tampa, FL (#1024)

TPIB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
"Your arms are too short to box with God."

Oh, yes.

Best line ever! Personally Punk stole it with that line

Punk was great but I've never liked Rock so his stuff did nothing for me. I wouldn't mind if he never came back after this run.

Guest Canned Heat

Oh man, was Rock so hilarious tonight!

Don't get an Almond Joy tattoo because they actually have nuts!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

CookiePuss! Hahahahahahahahahaahahaha!

Hair on your genitals! Hahahahahahahaahahaha!

After that hilarity I can't wait to see their feud!

Oh, and Draven. Are you REALLY comparing a comedy segment between one of the, if not the most well established Rivalries in the HISTORY of WWF/E that happened AFTER 2 Mania matches that had AMAZING builds with serious promos who have been essentially "beefing" for 3 YEARS. To this? Not to mention that segment was 10x funnier. And that's not debatable.

And maaaan, i've been getting in a lot of arguments the past 2 weeks. It's pretty awesome.

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think the fact that Punk comes off as a bitter man is fitting to the character he is trying to portray. Does he sound bitter that he had been jipped at times, sure, but why get upset about it, I think its a great angle to take as a heel. One of the best things a heel can do is piss off the fan base and for those who are not truly in punks corner, fans now hate him and i think that is the entire point. It sounds a bit foolish to pretend that he don"t make millions of dollars to do what he does, but its trying to fit the character of someone different and original. I really think Punk needs a stable of guys. Its the right character to have a stable under him of young guys like the shield. I am glad Punk became an @@shole, it has made for great promos and better story. The promo he cut before Rock appeared to me was absolutely superb and he nailed it. Now I am truly ready to watch these two butt heads in the ring.

This is much more intense than Cena and Rocks build last year already. In Punk's DVD when he comes back from the Jericho match, you see him bump into Rock in the hall and see 'follow that' in a jokey way, but you can he means it.

Just hope it's not a stinker like Cena vs Rock was.

Punk's promo was good, not as good as the Pipebomb of 2011, but still good. Can't help but think it was wasted on most of the audience though, but I enjoyed it so that's all I care about. And goddamit after Christmas I don't need more ice cream!

Oh, and Draven. Are you REALLY comparing a comedy segment between one of the, if not the most well established Rivalries in the HISTORY of WWF/E that happened AFTER 2 Mania matches that had AMAZING builds with serious promos who have been essentially "beefing" for 3 YEARS. To this?

Yes, just like you compared a wrestler confronting a well-known legitimate bad ass champion boxer in an angle designed purely to get mainstream sports media attention to this.

And the Rock/Austin sing-off, whilst more entertaining, was worse because it was the go-home angle. This was the very first major promo between the two, which set their stalls out early. To not understand why The Rock did his comedy bits is to not understand the entire premise of the feud and the points that both Punk and Rock were making.

But realistically, there are plenty of weeks left. If Rock had been deadly serious from the off, the feud would have nowhere to go. It's basic storytelling 101. I don't doubt that, come Rumble, every little nuance will make perfect sense.

Guest Canned Heat
Yes, just like you compared a wrestler confronting a well-known legitimate bad ass champion boxer in an angle designed purely to get mainstream sports media attention to this.

And the Rock/Austin sing-off, whilst more entertaining, was worse because it was the go-home angle. This was the very first major promo between the two, which set their stalls out early. To not understand why The Rock did his comedy bits is to not understand the entire premise of the feud and the points that both Punk and Rock were making.

But realistically, there are plenty of weeks left. If Rock had been deadly serious from the off, the feud would have nowhere to go. It's basic storytelling 101. I don't doubt that, come Rumble, every little nuance will make perfect sense.

They did it at the Go home show because they were about to turn Austin face, since the Alliance was about to lose. They had to get the fans to like him again, which is what they were doing for the last 5 weeks of that angle. Also, a big difference again...Austin was funny back then was was the Rock. THE ROCK ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE. He wasn't funny last night. He wasn't funny with Cena.

I just don't understand. Punk comes out intense as he has been all year and tells Rock "You don't have long enough arms to BOX WITH GOD." And Rock replies with "You should get a snickers tattoo on your ass, but not an almond joy because you don't have any NUTS!!!" Are you kidding me? That is pathetic. That psychology doesn't make any sense.

Also.....I just watched the Austin and Rock segment, again. Don't compare them, they are so different it's not even funny. It's 10x funnier. It's 10x more intense. It's 10x more entertaining. It makes 10x more sense.

I actually want to post it just so people know how dissimilar they are.

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest FreeSpirit

CMPunk416 said "You're arms aren't long enough to box with God"

Really good show. It could've gone on for another hour and I still wouldn't have been bored.

Agree with Canned Heat, for me The Rock was so underwhelming in his promo, I just didn't feel anything for his lame ass insults at all, while Punk delivered one of the best promos I've seen on WWE TV in a long time. I loved all the name dropping he did as well. I loved Punk's brutal honesty when it came to people like R-Truth and Brodus Clay for example!!

Guest The Beltster
Best line ever! Personally Punk stole it with that line
He said it as he was looking up to the much taller Rock...

Guest Ciaran The King
He said it as he was looking up to the much taller Rock...

True:) I like Punk but he looked like a cruiser-weight next to the Rock

Guest steenerico

After watching the segment I think rock may be losing his touch.

I hope punk retains and we can put all of this behind us.

Very wishful thinking.

Guest Ciaran The King
I am really intrigued as to what is going to happen at the Rumble, I can see Punk retaining and Rock doing all he can for him

Guest Jierda

I think the plan is that the Rock will be there for basicly all the shows leading into Wrestlemania, I not sure about after that though.

Also losing to the Rock at the rumble would be a good end to Punks reign, and I think thats the probable outcome so they can set up a big title fued for the Rock at WM, and maybe put him in the elimination chamber as well.

Edited by Jierda

Guest Jamster26
Ah that would make sense then. Winning the title at the rumble and then dropping to someone at Wrestlemania. I have a feeling we'll have a Rock / Cena 2 for the title, and this time, Cena wins.

Guest The Beltster
I'm pretty sure that's the plan and has been the plan all along, its all over the net all the time. Rock takes the title at the Rumble from Punk to make good on his promise and drops it to Cena at Mania to return the favour.