Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 7, 2013 from Tampa, FL (#1024)

TPIB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually one more Paul Heyman guy that could make a difference to that match, which may result in a WM 29 match.

I'm not even believing reports on Wrestlemania matches till they're penciled in.

So Brock helps punk which means Brock vs. Rock at Mania?

That's what I was thinking but I'm pretty much saying that based on the fact, that I can't be bothered with another Brock/Triple H match.

Guest Fatherof10minis
That's what I was thinking but I'm pretty much saying that based on the fact, that I can't be bothered with another Brock/Triple H match.

I agree. I don't think I want to be bothered with another trips match period. Brock vs. Rock could go alot of ways if you go way back to Rock passing the torch so to speak to Brock at Summerslam. Rock could build up an angle of still having unfinished business with Brock.

If you believe what you read, Brock/Triple H II is the match that is most set in stone. Which I agree, is a shame and a waste of Lesnar.

Guest Ciaran The King
Personally I don't want to see a Brock/HHH match again, the last one bored me. Like to see either Brock/Rock or Brock/Taker.

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

RAW RATING

- Monday Night RAW with the return of The Rock and a TLC match between CM Punk and Ryback pulled in 4,420,000 viewers with a rating of 3.1. Hour one did 4,290,000 viewers, hour two did 4,320,000 viewers, and hour three did 4,650,000 viewers. This is the first time since the August 13 show that the viewers increased each hour and also the first time since that same show that the third hour was the highest rated. Monday's show did almost a million viewers more than last week's show and the largest audience since the August 27 show. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM RIPS INTO CM PUNK FOR RAW PROMO

- WWE Hall of Famer Superstar Billy Graham was somewhat offended by the CM Punk promo from RAW on Monday and called the last hour of RAW the "worst excuse for a show" he has ever seen. Graham jumped in defense of Bruno Sammartino after Punk said that his 414 days as champion would amount to more if he wrestled like Sammartino just once a month at MSG, hence his status of best in the world. "When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Koloff, Stan Hanson etc," Graham said. He also added that he lost all the respect for Punk for what he said and for going with the script. Just like Graham jumped in defense of Sammartino, Chris Jericho chimed in to defend Punk and his promo on RAW. On his Twitter, Jericho told Graham to shut his mouth and even went as far as calling him a mark. Meanwhile, Paul Heyman suggested that CM Punk should defend the WWE title on Hall of Fame night at MSG against Billy Graham, then asked "flesh peddling promoter" Vince McMahon to book it. "Hogan. Flair. Superstar. All great. @CMPunk #BestInTheWorld. That includes you, @TheRock! @WWE #Rumble," Heyman wrote.

Guest Canned Heat

I've never thought about a Brock and Rock match. Would the WWE want it? It really has no effect on the company moving forward. I doubt Rock and or Brock stay around for long after Mania. But lets say it is Brock vs Rock, what is the upper card we are looking at?

Brock vs Rock

The Shield vs Team Hell No?

Ryback vs Big Show

Punk vs Cena? Punk vs Triple H?

Cena vs Taker? Punk vs Taker?

Del Rio vs Orton?

Edit: Ahh.. i see there is a thread for this..

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest Ciaran The King
If Punk loses to Rock' date=' then make him enter the Rumble at #30 and win. Got to keep that guy in the main event picture[/quote']

Sounds good

Guest Beefhead
I thought the Punk/Rocky head to head promo was excellent. I don't understand any criticism of rock concerning his jokey promo style. Cena could learn so much from him. He is always so intense and just screams I'm gonna year off your head and shit down your neck even when he's clowning somebody. Punk was punk, so I'm my opinion, just brilliant.

Guest Jimmy Redman

If it were anyone else I would almost refuse to believe that anyone thought Punk "schooled" Rock here or any other such nonsense. Not on your life. It was a great, even, back-and-forth promo and both guys came off really well. Maybe one of Rock's jokes misfired a little, but apart from that he was as 'on' and focused as he has ever seen since 2011. And nothing he said was even close to as sh*tty as Punk's promo before Rock came out. What a bunch of boring horsesh*t that was. On the other hand, boxing with God was absolute money.

Agreed with Jack on how good Ryback looked in the TLC. He has transitioned into working competitive main event matches really well, and added quite a bit with his reactions and selling. Match itself was pretty damn fun although the bullsh*t finish is beyond tired at this point. The suplex on the ladder was wicked, and Punk being tossed into the open ladder was pretty f*cking disgusting. The knee-knee-table bit was cool too, and Punk trying to fix the ladder in the middle of it all was neat.

I love that there are still people, literally in this thread, who continue to use the "Cena got carried through this match" line, when it has been blatantly obvious going on years now that Cena is calling every single spot in every single match he has. Anyway, loved the hell out of Cena/Dolph. Probably their best match since Dec 2010. The placement of the Zig Zag was weird as hell, and I dont blame Dolph fans who are fed up with his booking (although by this point I am so past the point of caring), but as a big straight up blow off to whatever feud this is (and please Lord let it be so, even though they have my permission to have another million matches together) it was super fun and really great stuff. Most of all I loved Cena busting out more and more new sh*t like the delayed vertical and the armdrag open. Routine my ass.

Guest Ciaran The King
I think due to Rock's appearance the TLC match has been overlooked. Ryback showed unseen skills in this match and both performed really well, I think Punk should have won clean going into the Rumble though