Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 29 Discussion Thread - April 7, 2013 from East Rutherford, NJ

TPIB

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Canned Heat

I'm legitimately excited for the Henry v Ryback match (If it indeed happens) but I have a feeling the NY crowd is going to crap on it.

Also, does anyone else get an Austin at 17 vibe coming from Cena? He NEEDS to win. He NEEDS it more than you could ever imagine! :lol

Guest Edgehead

Also, does anyone else get an Austin at 17 vibe coming from Cena? He NEEDS to win. He NEEDS it more than you could ever imagine! :lol

If Cena does an Austin like heel turn it will be the greatest WM of all time! :lol

Guest Ciaran The King

If Cena does an Austin like heel turn it will be the greatest WM of all time! :lol

Is it too late?

I would love a 'leak', with a few days to go, from someone official, that CM Punk has signed a 10 year or lifetime contract with WWE.

Imagine the difference that would make, when watching the streak match.

Guest John Hancock
I'm legitimately excited for the Henry v Ryback match (If it indeed happens) but I have a feeling the NY crowd is going to crap on it.

I have a feeling the crowd will crap on a lot of things, which will either be annoying or funny, depending on what mood I'm in.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Crowd will go nuts for the old schoolers like taker, trips, and sh%% on Cena. Punk/taker should get huge responses as well as Heyman.

Guest Canned Heat

Seth Mates (Former WWE writer) thinks the Cena v Rock match will get the Goldberg v Lesnar treatment at Mania. Personally, I think Mates is a moron 90% of the time but the thought of that is scary. Although, I doubt it happens.

Also, everyone (on the internet) is talking about how this has been one of the worst Mania builds in a LONG time. Some are even saying they aren't going to watch it.

Now, has this year had a PUTRID Mania build? Yes. After the show do I think anyone will remember or care? No.

I truly believe that this will be a good Mania. I just think about it, it has 3 matches that could legitimately be fantastic matches. Punk v Taker, Cena v Rock, and Brock v HHH. Yes, the build to these has mainly been bad, but the second they get into the ring, it's still 6 of the best performers of the last 15 years putting together a Mania match. Was Cena v Rock great the first time? Again, no. But it was still pretty damn good. Was HHH v Brock that good at Summerslam? No. But it did then, and it still does have the potential to be great. Same with Taker v Punk.

Also, The Shield have been in nothing but good matches and I don't expect that to change in this one. Ryback and Henry could be awful and could be fun. This one is really a toss up. I'm looking forward to it, though.

I'm not doubting that the build has been horrible. But, I still am looking forward to this Mania, and I think it will be pretty good.

Guest John Hancock
Remember, it's New York, the crowd's will be unfairly, show spoiling-ly mean. 100% Cena will get absolutely destroyed, but I too think there's Brock/Bill potential if they've decided not to embrace The Rock back either, which will be super uncomfortable. I think Henry/Ryback will probably be a lot of fun, and that's where the anti-WWE brutality will be at it's most unfair.

Guest Canned Heat
Remember, it's New York, the crowd's will be unfairly, show spoiling-ly mean. 100% Cena will get absolutely destroyed, but I too think there's Brock/Bill potential if they've decided not to embrace The Rock back either, which will be super uncomfortable. I think Henry/Ryback will probably be a lot of fun, and that's where the anti-WWE brutality will be at it's most unfair.

Yeah, when I think about it, the Ryback/Henry bout will LITERALLY get the Goldberg treatment. With 60k idiots chanting Goldberg in unison. Lol

Guest Fatherof10minis
Well if rock/cena is gonna get the brock/goldberg treatment just make austin special referee throw in a couple stunners at the end and the crowd will chant austin all night long. Ryback will recieve a ridiculously loud Goldberg chant everywhere he breathes that night so much that they should have Goldberg spear him just to make the crowd feel like they accomplished something. This is one of the worst wrestlemania builds of all time and I think the show will be hurt by it. the outcomes of the big 3 matchups are so predictable it can't gain any interest. Whats lacking is good storyline and I will say that a good storyline will outweigh good ring work 9 times out of 10. Rock/cena will flop, Brock will beat HHH because I feel hunter wants the HBK retirement treatment at mania. The only one that is building any good storyline momentum is punk/taker but again I don't believe for a second punk has any chance of ending the streak.

Guest Canned Heat
Well if rock/cena is gonna get the brock/goldberg treatment just make austin special referee throw in a couple stunners at the end and the crowd will chant austin all night long. Ryback will recieve a ridiculously loud Goldberg chant everywhere he breathes that night so much that they should have Goldberg spear him just to make the crowd feel like they accomplished something. This is one of the worst wrestlemania builds of all time and I think the show will be hurt by it. the outcomes of the big 3 matchups are so predictable it can't gain any interest. Whats lacking is good storyline and I will say that a good storyline will outweigh good ring work 9 times out of 10. Rock/cena will flop, Brock will beat HHH because I feel hunter wants the HBK retirement treatment at mania. The only one that is building any good storyline momentum is punk/taker but again I don't believe for a second punk has any chance of ending the streak.

3 Words: WWE Production Team

For all 3 of these matches, there will be an awesome Promo Video. And at that point the only build you will be thinking about for the duration of the match will be that video.

(At least, that is my hope.)

Also, if Goldberg came out and speared Ryback I would mark out so hard I would probably sh*t my pants. And I love Ryback and Goldberg left a TERRIBLE taste in my mouth the last time I saw him. That's how awesome it would be.

Guest Fatherof10minis
The problem with that is, is the cena/rock promo has been shown so many times already its becoming annoying. The promo has taken place of the build for 2 solid weeks and the Rock is to blame and fans are turning on him for not showing. You were at the show this past week right, was it not disappointing that there was no WWE Champion there and Cena opened the show with a real lame segment. I don't even fault Cena here, this is just horrible planning on behalf of WWE and the Rock who I am sure both parties new well in advance what was going down at this point of the year. It just leaves a bad taste in fans mouths and its not like last years match has people begging for more.

Guest Canned Heat
The problem with that is, is the cena/rock promo has been shown so many times already its becoming annoying. The promo has taken place of the build for 2 solid weeks and the Rock is to blame and fans are turning on him for not showing. You were at the show this past week right, was it not disappointing that there was no WWE Champion there and Cena opened the show with a real lame segment. I don't even fault Cena here, this is just horrible planning on behalf of WWE and the Rock who I am sure both parties new well in advance what was going down at this point of the year. It just leaves a bad taste in fans mouths and its not like last years match has people begging for more.

Yeah, it sucked that Rock wasn't there in general. It really does suck that he's missed 2 straight weeks. Hopefully it makes the go home show promo better. It NEEDS to deliver to give this an even half way decent build.