Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 29 Discussion Thread - April 7, 2013 from East Rutherford, NJ

TPIB

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
I love how people are still utterly convinced that Ryback is a terrible worker even though he's had some great PPV matches and hasnt yet bombed in a single match I can think of. But he's a HUGE JUICED UP ROIDBERG, so I guess he MUST be bad in the ring. Thats the rule.

Guest HH-Evolution

Some folks see every match he's in as a bomb, so it's horses for courses...

Me, I love the guy - hope he isn't screwed up during the next year though.

Guest Jayfunk
He's not that good the problem is he hasn't got much after his size. if he was going to be WC it would have been last year, Henry vs Ryback is about his limit

In the Punk v Undertaker match, I just hope I finally get to see the spot I've been dreaming about since CM Punk started using the GTS; he hits Undertaker with it and 'Taker does his "snap up" followed by a death stare.

It might sound a bit stupid, but it's something I've wanted to see for aaaaaaages now.

Guest John Hancock
I have a GTS reversal into a chokeslam spot in my head, but I don't have the vocabulary to communicate it.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think what's really been missing with the punk/taker thing and its been missing for a couple years now is the classic Taker Mind Games. Right now its been all Punk. Where is the Punk replica mannequin in a casket segment. Then the next week the replica taker in a casket that ends up actually being taker. Punks character tries to reconnect with the attitude era to a point and I think it would be awesome if we got some old school taker moments like the sitting up after a big move. Its perfect for this storyline because punk has pushed him so far that taker becomes impervious to pain(I swear to god as I typed those words I can here Gorilla saying it.) And again because of a good storyline build I am excited about this one and not the other main events. I am sold on 2 matches so far, this one and the 6 man, the rest of mania I could honestly step out for and not worry about what I am missing.

Guest FreeSpirit
If Cena turns heel, Punk ends the streak and/or Ziggler finally cashes in, I could be witness to the greatest WrestleMania of all time.

Guest Ciaran The King
If Cena turns heel, Punk ends the streak and/or Ziggler finally cashes in, I could be witness to the greatest WrestleMania of all time.

The one option I can see happening is Ziggler walking out Champion.

Guest Jimmy Redman
To be honest two of those three "best show ever" options sound terrible to me. And yeah the first two sure as hell aint happening.

Guest Magic

Punk winning would be my absolute dream ending. Cena turning heel would be good, but if I had to have a choice I'd take Punk wining.

Dolph cashing in seems quite likely, and while I still love him, they're doing their damn best to make sure no one cares about him when he wins the title, so I'm a bit concerned about that.

Guest Ciaran The King
Ziggler's decline I think I due to WWE's dependency on legends or part timers being drafted in for WM season. In my opinion the Cena feud crushed any momentum Dolph had after Survivor Series. I hoped Dolph would of been in a match higher up the card

Guest Jimmy Redman
Dolph never had any momentum. Like, ever. To pretend he did and Cena somehow killed it is ridiculous. He jobbed on a weekly basis, got one pinfall over Orton out of about 100, and wasnt treated any differently the week after.

Guest Ciaran The King
I'm not saying Cena killed it I'm leaning more to the point that WWE didn't push on with Dolph after TLC. If and when he becomes champion will anyone actually care

Guest Jimmy Redman
No. But that process began long, long before December. Dolph has never been treated like a serious top guy, ever.

Guest FreeSpirit

Also looking forward to HHH Vs Brock. It should be a brutal, brutal war between two hard hitters, even if there is a silly stip added to the match.

Jericho putting over Faaaan-daaaaaan-go will be ace, should be a good match too. The rest of the card looks OK as well. Yeah granted It's been a poor build up to WrestleMania, but I really am very very excited for Sunday now (my 4th WrestleMania) and the subsequent RAW and SmackDown. Should be 3 great nights of WWE!!

Guest Ciaran The King
I'm most looking forward to Hell No v Dolph & Big E and the Shield v Orton/Show/Sheamus. Hoping for a Orton heel turn after losing