Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 29 Discussion Thread - April 7, 2013 from East Rutherford, NJ

TPIB

The crowd reactions will be interesting, I think. I couldn't have ever seen The Rock getting a negative reception but given how poor he's been lately, plus the lack of appearances, it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot. Cena will be booed, no doubt, so if The Rock does get a negative reception too, that'll be intriguing. Lesnar will be over, as will Punk and Taker. I like Ryback a lot but there's a chance he'll get sh*t on by the Mania crowd, just because he represents everything they like to go against, although putting him in with Henry might help. If he's over, that's a good sign for his long term career. Bryan will be over massively, as will Ziggler, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ziggler cash in. It's the perfect stage for him and it'd be the ideal feud for Del Rio following Swagger.

Hopefully it'll be a good Mania.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fatherof10minis
Any chance we see a mixed 8 man between the Brodus/Tensai/funkadactyls and Team Rhode Scholars/Bellas at mania?

Guest mrkennedy
Is jericho even going to make the mania card? Im quiet dissapointed that the ziggler jericho feud got scrapped and if he does get on the card it will be to put over the miz or wade barrett. Ziggler y2j could have saved a looking pretty terrible wm. Ziggler could have cashed in then later on in the night faced off against jericho for the belt. No we have to deal with ryback v mark henry and rock v cena. Wwe booking is terrible.

Guest Canned Heat

The more and more I think about it, the more I wish they would have left Ryback with The Shield angle going up until Mania.

I would have made it essentially 3 on 1, but with a twist. Have Ryback create a stipulation and say if he beats The Shield at Mania, they can never show their faces again on WWE television. Of course, The Shield agree. Then Vince's music hits. The big guns are coming out for this one.

Vince talks about how The Shield have done nothing but cause trouble since they debuted. But he says no matter who it was... nobody could win against 3 guys. Especially THESE 3 guys. So he says they can have the match...But it's gonna be a 3 STAGES OF HELL. But, a different member of The Shield will wrestle for all 3 stages...if it gets that far.

First match will be Ryback vs Seth Rollins in a normal match. Second match is vs Dean Ambrose a Street Fight.... 3rd match, if it gets that far... is a Cage Match (basically following the Austin/HHH 3SH).

How would I do the match? Ryback starts off first with Rollins. Give them say... 6 minutes? I'd have Rollins reverse a Shell Shock into a roll up.. He gets the win!

Next up is Dean Ambrose in a Street Fight. I'd give this 6 or 7 minutes as well. Have Ambrose come out with a chair to speed it up. Have Ambrose beat the absolute sh*t out of Ryback's back and chest with a chair. Eventually, Ryback counters.. Hits Ambrose. Gives him the old multiple powerbombs on the chair. Shell Shock for the win..

Here comes Reigns and they bring down the cage. Ryback is destroyed though by the chair shots. Reigns takes advantage quickly. Ryback gets it going for a second.. goes for the meat hook...Reigns gets out of the way and Ryback gives the ref a nasty meat hook. And here comes Rollins. Rollins climbs in the cage and Reigns holds Ryback up for Rollins running knee. Ryback ducks out of the way and Rollins hits Reigns... Ryback gives Rollins the Shell Shock... Ryback gets up and gets hit by a Spear! The ref slowly counts 1...2...Kick Out! Ryback kicks out! As all 3 men (including the ref) lay in the ring... Ambrose runs out... Climbs up the cage... Does the Superfly Snuka off the top of the cage to Ryback. (There is your Mania moment.) Puts Reigns on Ryback... Wakes the ref back up... 1...2...3! The Shield win!

And after about 30 minutes of TV time... The WWE has solidified 4 superstars for years to come. This would also be Ryback's like... 5th straight PPV loss. So, he starts his tear through the WWE. Eventually going for the title at 30.

I think this would be awesome. And as much as I'm looking forward to Ryback/Henry.. This would be really cool.

Guest Fatherof10minis
Ryback for a world Title at Wrestlemania 30??? I bet he falls off the map before we even get to Wrestlemania 30.

Guest Canned Heat
Ryback for a world Title at Wrestlemania 30??? I bet he falls off the map before we even get to Wrestlemania 30.

Not if he has a classic 3 Stages of Hell match with The Shield at Wrestlemania 29! :P

Guest Canned Heat
You're right, he probably doesn't. But maybe him being so tired will make him selling the beating he's taking more believable.

Guest mrkennedy
He's going to be against Fandango.

Is this based on the promo from last weeks raw? I would rather y2j put wade barrett over to be honest.

Guest Magic
It's based on rumblings and rumours that have been reported But it looks ever more likely given last weeks Raw and Smackdown.

Guest mrkennedy
I havent seen smackdown yet. If jericho does face fandango surely he wont be putting him over. I dont see this fandango gimmick lasting very long.

Guest Jimmy Redman
When's the last 'Mania he actually got cheered?

Completely cheered like a normal babyface? 21.

But at 26 he got quite a lot of cheers and the place was 100% behind him by the end, so there's that too.

Guest Ciaran The King

WHAT?

Guest Fatherof10minis
I don't see long term success for the guy. His lack of match talents have been well hidden by jobbers and clearly better workers surrounding him. This Henry feud could expose his many flaws that have been hidden by good heels and great partners.

Guest Ciaran The King
The Henry/Ryback match has to be about timing and power moves, any kicking or punching or typical 'WWE' match will kill it.

Guest mrkennedy
Henry ryback is going to be funny. The goldberg chants vs the sexual chocolate chants. New yorks crowds are awesome.