Martial Arts

Male wrestlers with no surname?

Guest Jimmy Redman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
The Rock sort of is his name, because his name was supposed to be Rocky Miavia. So soooooort of, if you're being nice, which you should be. Other than that, ones I can think of;

Sabu, Rikishi, Umaga, Kamala, Yokozuna, pretty much anyone foreign and non-white. Goldberg only had a surname if that counts for anything.

Yokozuna and Rikishi are both Sumo terms.

Guest John Hancock
Yokozuna and Rikishi are both Sumo terms.

They were still supposed to be their names though. As Denton said, Rikishi's second name was Fatu, so he doesn't count, but at least that shows it was supposed to be a name. I mean, Kane isn't a real name, but it's still supposed to be one. Hell, an umaga is a sort of tattoo, but it's still the dude's name.

Sting, if it hasn't already been said.

That was never supposed to be his name, just his sort of nickname.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest Jimmy Redman

Well I just meant that Kane is an actual boys name, although just usually spelled Cain. So it is at least a borderline possibility, as opposed to the Sting kind of names.

There are tonnes of wrestlers with full names (John Cena). Tonnes with a single-word name that isnt a proper name (Sting). And tonnes that go by only their surname (Goldberg). But there are tonnes of female wrestlers who go only by their first name (as distinct from a one-word moniker - Jazz (there's another one worth exploring, there arent many girls with names that arent names)), but you just dont get the same thing with guys, hence the question.

Jazz (there's another one worth exploring, there arent many girls with names that arent names)

Sunny, Sable, Major Gunns, Chyna, Prodigette, Miss Kitty/The Kat, Madusa, Awesome King/Kharma, literally all of the Nitro Girls...

(And before I get a list of real names or previous/future names that they used in wrestling from any of you people, ask yourself how much anybody cares, and then just don't post.)

Guest John Hancock
Sunny, Sable, Major Gunns, Chyna, Prodigette, Miss Kitty/The Kat, Madusa, Awesome King/Kharma, literally all of the Nitro Girls...

Was it ever implied that Major Gunns' surname was Gunns? Because that would sort of make sense, like, her name was Judy Gunns, and she got promoted to major through her service in the military.