Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

TWO Community Podcast

The Fury

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I quite enjoyed it. Sometimes it was a bit tough to hear what Reaney was saying, but it was pretty funny, and I though you's did a decent job.

TWO podcast-a-mania

Pretty much it and that's how it'll be like until we/if the following is enough to do this online live streaming wise.

I'm off until Saturday but busy Friday so If people want a post ppv/post raw episode up then let us know

TWO podcast-a-mania

You can record your speakers output directly (ie the feed not the noise from the speakers) and your mic feed using audacity (which is free) and then simply export it to mp3 or whatever format you like, that way you can adjust the levels correctly.

Or if you don't want two PCs, boot up a secondary copy of Skype in Windows 7. Hit the start menu and in the search bar type
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\phone\skype.exe" /secondary
if you're on the 64 bit Windows - or
"C:\Program Files\Skype\phone\skype.exe" /secondary
on regular old 32 bit Windows. Helps if you have unused audio sources. The only issue with this is that you'll be hearing yourself, which can be very disorienting if you're not used to it.

I wouldn't. VAC is decent enough, but after I upgraded to Win 7 64-bit, they just turned into liquid shit. Plus, by default there's like a 500ms delay, which can be a pain to deal with (Unless you want awkward dead air, well you can have that with Reaney on anyway.). The issue was that randomly, VAC would generate hundreds of underflows and overflows within seconds and considering the basic setup features three of them, it would turn out to be the drizzling shits.

Eh, horses for courses.

Were it me, I'd have my microphone hooked up to my mixer, hooked up to my laptop and ready to roll. In the absence, the mic-to-speaker thing has got to progress. I did it with Colin in the very first TWO podcasts, but eventually it became, I think, a two laptop deal. Certainly made life easier.