Martial Arts

Piledrivers & Other Banned Moves **split from Raw thread**

Dead Crow

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the HiTman

I love(d) a proper Piledriver - 'Takers one allows weight to held on his shoulders so there's very little risk of it going wrong considering 'Takers height and strength.

An angle based on a move is quite odd, but yeah, it worked with Orton. Albeit it was hardly a 'move'. If the 'story' was for a wrestler to Piledrive with the intention of causing a neck injury, and it goes wrong - it'll just backfire.

I guess it's a good thing for all that it's a banned move.

Are chair shots to the head banned yet?

Guest Ciaran The King

Are chair shots to the head banned yet?

I believe so. I still do believe if everyone is doing their jobs properly then there should be no mistakes

Edited by Ciaran The King

That's because everyone's a sissy. There's nothing wrong with protected headshots every once in awhile when a match or storyline calls for one. You can take relatively safe chair shots to the head. Still you never know, accidents happen. Better off for wwe to stay away from 'em.

Guest Ciaran The King
I believe the technical phrase is "sh*t happens". Regardless of how safe you and the guy you're working with are trying to be there will always be an unknown risk/danger element to anything

they do in the ring.

Therefore what don't you ban?

Obviously you rank moves accordingly to their risk factor. The ones most likely to do permanent damage are those involving damage to the head or neck area, so out go your chairshots, piledrivers, and anything where there is a real present danger of someone's entire weight coming down directly on their head and neck.

Guest John Hancock
Therefore what don't you ban?

You ban the moves that revolve around people landing directly on the top of their heads. It's a very simple solution to a very obvious problem, I really don't see the issue here.

An angle based on a move is quite odd, but yeah, it worked with Orton. Albeit it was hardly a 'move'. If the 'story' was for a wrestler to Piledrive with the intention of causing a neck injury, and it goes wrong - it'll just backfire.

Angles based on 'moves' have been done before. As mentioned in this thread, the Chyna/Ivory feud was built on a piledriver sold as being career-ending (for a couple of weeks), and Lawler/Kaufman was essentially one piledriver and a fake broken neck of publicity for Memphis. Something like the Piledriver looks brutal and WWE usually do a great job of overselling an understated injury angle. Get someone who you trust to be safe with a normal Piledriver (and the normal Piledriver is one of the safest moves to do, in fairness), and do it once every couple of years in a big injury angle, and people WILL buy it. Don't just throw it into a match and hope for the best.

Guest The Beltster

I watched the match, and it was a good match, and it didnt even dawn on me that there was a piledriver ban. I had forgotten all about it, being that its such a f*cking retarded rule/ban. I cant believe there's such a big fuss over it. Oh no, a wrestling move used in a wrestling match between two seasons pro's!

Big deal.