Martial Arts

TNA having problems?

ViciousPrism

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random News

Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you tna. #takastheme

[video=youtube;3dF_NymaHsU]

Edited by Omega

And DOC...

- Luke Gallows, also known as Aces & 8s member DOC, has been removed from the Impact Wrestling roster page.

Gallows confirmed his release on Twitter:

"My contract with TNA wrestling expired on July 12th, as of this evening we have parted ways. #SUNTANBIKERMAN tours again!!"

It would mean less if there were replacements waiting in the wings to take the spots these departures are opening up, but there's nobody coming through. As such the only answer that can be determined is that these are cost-cutting measures as an attempt for financial security.

Guest Jamster26

The people TNA are shifting aren't main guys though. DOC is a filler member for the Aces and Eights and can't see him being on a long deal. Same with Mike Knox, Briscoe etc.

Now if we had guys like Angle, Hardy etc all leaving, that might be worth raising the alarm.

Guest Jimmy Redman

From PWInsider for those interested:

MORE ON TODAY'S TNA DEPARTURES

by Mike Johnson @ 10:53 PM on 7/16/2013

The situations surrounding the departures of Tara and Doc were each a completely different series of circumstances, according to TNA sources.

While Tara was a release planned by TNA as a cost-cutting move, sources indicate that the company lost Doc because his contract negotiations went on too long and finally his deal expired. He had been figured into creative plans going forward with an eventual babyface turn, something that had been teased.

The blame on Doc's exit was placed on Bruce Prichard, head of Creative and Talent Relations by some. There were several different sources this evening that contacted PWInsider, claiming that this was just the latest example of contract negotiations going down to the wire or resulting in talents exiting this year under Prichard's watch.

The most noteworthy of those exits were Rob Van Dam. On his Twitter, Van Dam explained his departure from TNA as, " Contract expired. So did professionalism, courtesy and respect." One source claimed that Van Dam stopped getting his calls returned by the company.

It should be noted that is in the case of Doc, it is entirely possible the two sides could still come to terms of a new deal (as happened with Devon in the past), but as of now, he is gone and free to go anywhere he pleases.

In the case of Tara, sources claim she was far and away the highest paid female wrestler on the roster and the decision was made to shift that money elsewhere. The belief is that there could be more releases to come as well down the line.

Other recent TNA departures have been Matt Morgan (release request granted), Madison Rayne (contract expired), Doug Williams (released), Taeler Hendrix (released), Christian York (released), Crimson (released), and Joey Ryan (released).

And to add on to that. From ProWrestling.net

- TNA officials have been restructuring the company which is why several talents have been released or had their contracts expire lately. This has also led to changes and departures in the TNA offices.

Multiple sources report that TNA's Senior VP of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard was among the office workers asked to restructure his contract. Word is that Prichard rejected that quest and he may be on his way out of the company.

The TNA agents have also been asked to change their deals to a per-night agreement. Word going around is that D-Lo Brown agreed to the per-night agreement only to be fired shortly thereafter.

D'Lo Brown was fired?

Guest The Beltster
It's alright bud, we're probably batting 1-1 given that pink princess wrapping paper I sent to you :dumb

Mainstream wrestling in America is knackerd as the WWE fan and casual fan will not give anything else a chance.

Dude, I've given TNA plenty of chances and while they do have decent things to offer from time to time they don't have a singe thing I'm emotionally invested in besides Taryn Terrell and maybe Bad Influence. The don't have a main event baby face I care about. There's nothing there. It's all flash and no substance. When I'm having a good wrestling week - watching all the shows, taking notes for the podcast, etc, then watch Impact it sucks the life and enthusiasm right out of me. I've resorted to skipping Impact entirely now. If there's something good I'll watch a clip. I'll still watch the PPVs though but that's about as much as I can stomach.

Dude, I've given TNA plenty of chances and while they do have decent things to offer from time to time they don't have a singe thing I'm emotionally invested in besides Taryn Terrell and maybe Bad Influence. The don't have a main event baby face I care about. There's nothing there. It's all flash and no substance. When I'm having a good wrestling week - watching all the shows, taking notes for the podcast, etc, then watch Impact it sucks the life and enthusiasm right out of me. I've resorted to skipping Impact entirely now. If there's something good I'll watch a clip. I'll still watch the PPVs though but that's about as much as I can stomach.

THIS.

I tried to like TNA. I tried to find something to latch onto so I'd keep watching, but it just wasn't there. I'll give them a few good marks, Joseph Park entertained me a helluva lot, Aries was awesome as always, Bad Influence were a silly amount of fun, and y'know SABIN, but other than that it's just been a bunch of wishy washy rubbish that depresses me.

I'd much rather invest the time watching something like NXT instead.