Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Is this TNA's next big angle - Who is behind #August1Warning?

DC

Guest Jayfunk
yeah but if its say Low ki who that would fit then it doesn't make sense for it to be a major player, a big deal but to quote the name of the thread "Is this TNA's next big angle - Who is behind #August1Warning? " I am not sure a single person will be TNA's next big angle especially as the Aces and 8s one hasn't finished. I would say it would be a continuing part of that rather than the next big angle, they are selling it as they should if they want the person to have some impact (lol) but i think we have gone over board on by saying TNA believe this person will be the next big angle, its too early to tell

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I merely see it as them promoting someone new or old coming, no different than sin cera videos before he started etc promotion or hype i doubt they will be a major player or even that is what they are going for,

Your logic is impeccable as always. Hype mystery videos for guys we aren't going to push.

TNA: where we hype our jobbers because that's all we have anymore.

Wait, it's you in the video isn't it? you're here to solve all TNA's problems in a flash of appalling spelling and grammar. Explains the weird voice, no teeth.

Edited by Omega

Guest Jayfunk
I am merely saying that they are pushing this person but i dont think tna is claiming this is a game changer which you guys believe they are. Its not different than thr sin cera videos before he arrived

Guest The Beltster

You know I really dont even totally get all the TNA mocking at the level its at right now seeing as Impact is generally a pretty good show.

Seems like mocking for mocking's sake rather than really having any specific reason behind it. Fanboy mocking maybe. It's quite pointless. TNA are at the level they are at and will be for possibly ever, but they have some great wrestlers, they put on some good matches and overall its a decent couple hours of TV a week. Nothing ground breaking but people are acting as if its pure shit on a consistent basis, and its really actually not.

I'd happily state that impact is sh*t in parts consistently. Very rarely do tna produce tv that peaks my interest and I almost never see something new because of their roster. Does that automatically make me a fanboy of the wwe then? Because they suck as well on a nearly as consistent basis, they just do it over several more hours of wrestling.

Guest The Beltster
I'd happily state that impact is sh*t in parts consistently. Very rarely do tna produce tv that peaks my interest and I almost never see something new because of their roster. Does that automatically make me a fanboy of the wwe then? Because they suck as well on a nearly as consistent basis, they just do it over several more hours of wrestling.
I wasnt speaking only of you and my fanboy comment wasnt directed specifically at you, if it was, I'd have said "Omega, you're a f*cking WWE homer fanboy, shut the f*ck up!"

And tell me what pro wrestling show isnt consistently shit "in parts". I never mentioned anything about "parts", because it goes without saying that on every show every week you are going to have a segment or two that sucks. My point is people making out that Impact is completely unwatchable rubbish from start to finish or in general, and its not. It's a decent show if you want to see some nice matches from some good wrestlers and usually their booking makes sense these days and isnt rushed. As I said, they do nothing ground breaking and they shoot themselves in the foot alot by promising things they cant deliver.

And on a personal note directly to you, I see your anti-TNA stuff way more than I see your anti-WWE stuff, so if WWE suck just as much, why is it you direct most of your negativity towards TNA? And dont get all pissy and worked up, its a serious question, I'm curious.

I've given TNA plenty of opportunity, and there are still things that I want to see on the show, but there's no way I can spend the entire two hours watching that show.

It's funny, but the reasons I watch certain segments are for guys like Sabin, Bad Influence, Magnus, Aries, and especially now it looks like Spud's getting bumped up to the main roster and they've enlisted a bunch of new X-Division guys, which is good, I'm tuning in to watch "homegrown" talent, but the Main Event scene there just kinda ruins it for me.

I know I'm saying this at a time when Chris Sabin is TNA Champion, but things like resurrecting the Main Event Mafia, or Hogan and Sting being the main babyface guys in the Aces & Eights angle just annoy the hell out of me so much.

Basically I want to see TNA forget about focusing on Hogan and Sting and give the young guys an opportunity to run with the ball. They had the perfect chance with the Aces and Eights angle. Why not have guys like Magnus, Sabin, and Aries work together to get rid of A&8? Why does it have to boil down to a guy who's past his prime having to stand up for the company? It makes EVERYONE look poor. Unlike 2005 when they looked destined to create the next generation of top wrestlers and I was expecting WWE to end up having to raid guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe to stop their popularity in TNA.

Jeez, that really started in one place and ended up in another. :lol

The Cliff notes version is I gave TNA plenty of opportunity to suck me back in and they done screwed up again.

Guest Jayfunk
The thing is if someone says the same about wwe it causes a war. Personally i dont like wwe in ring product its dull

Guest The Beltster

You know I really dont agree with the TNA are focusing on Hogan thing, at all. Hogan is barely on the show. He maybe has one in-ring segment per week which is usually short, he has nothing to do with the MEM, he is the GM so he HAS to be on the show but compare him to GM's in WWE for example and Hogan isnt on TV nearly as much as that Maddox bloke or Vickie, Booker T, Teddy Long etc, yet they dont get nearly the same amount of bile thrown at them as Hogan. It's like people just cant not say something about him in regards to blaming them for something they dont like on TNA TV, even if he has nothing to do with it. He isnt the focal point of anything and I bet he isnt on TV for more than 10 minutes per week and when he is he's verbally putting over the young guys like Sabin, Hogan is (apparently) the guy who pushed for Daniels and Kaz to get as much TV time as they do as he is a mark for them. He is also a big fan of Aries and pushed for him to get his run with the strap. He isnt wrestling, he isnt beating people and so on.

I'm a huge fan of Hogan obviously, but I've never denied the bullshit he's pulled and I've always been the first to bash him when he's done something bent, but right now, the Hogan backlash just isnt justified at this point...

Edited by The Beltster

I'm judging it by the whole Aces and Eights angle, Brooke's Wedding to Bully, then Bully vs. Sting. Since that I've only watched clips of the bits I want to watch and I've ignored everything else, so I can't really comment on current Hogan.

If he has taken a step back and not got himself involved in storylines in anything other than a GM basis then I'm all for it. It just seemed like a helluva lot of him, Sting and Bully only a few weeks ago.

Guest The Beltster
The wedding thing was ages ago and since then I havent seen much of Hogan doing anything other than coming out and putting young guys over or giving them boring inspirational pep talks in pre-taped backstage segments. Hogan doesnt really do anything of relevance its a waste of even having him there at all just to cart him out for 10 minutes a week to talk nice about other people who could never even hold his jock.

I wasnt speaking only of you and my fanboy comment wasnt directed specifically at you, if it was, I'd have said "Omega, you're a f*cking WWE homer fanboy, shut the f*ck up!"

And tell me what pro wrestling show isnt consistently shit "in parts". I never mentioned anything about "parts", because it goes without saying that on every show every week you are going to have a segment or two that sucks. My point is people making out that Impact is completely unwatchable rubbish from start to finish or in general, and its not. It's a decent show if you want to see some nice matches from some good wrestlers and usually their booking makes sense these days and isnt rushed. As I said, they do nothing ground breaking and they shoot themselves in the foot alot by promising things they cant deliver.

And on a personal note directly to you, I see your anti-TNA stuff way more than I see your anti-WWE stuff, so if WWE suck just as much, why is it you direct most of your negativity towards TNA? And dont get all pissy and worked up, its a serious question, I'm curious.

I'm not getting pissy, just using my own opinion to ask a question so lets all be too cool for school.

What I'm saying is that Impact, for a two hours show, consistently has a large percentage of crap. Now that isn't necessarily the actual quality of matches themselves which are at least as good as most stuff on WWE and sometimes better. I personally don't agree the booking is better or makes sense, it's just tailed off from being a swerve every week to being a bit dull. TNA, to me, is like an armless thai masseuse in that they never get me to a happy ending. i'm never interested in the angles or where they are going and when they do happen to get to somewhere interesting they always seem to fluff it up.

I'm more negative to TNA because I see more stuff that I don't like from that promotion, it really is as simple as that. Listen to the podcast, I slate WWE for their decisions all the time. Get me talking about Ryback to see how much I can go off about how bad WWE can be.

thing is WWE seems, to me, to at least bring something to the table each week and there may be a case that with so much more screen time that's easier for them to do but it's still true none the less. I watch a shit episode of RAW and then catch NXT and get won over, or RAW is awful but we get some awesome Daniel Bryan or The Shield or The Wyatt Family or whatever and I tend to remember the good stuff.

If you took a few things away from WWE (lets say Punk, Bryan, The Shield and few others) then I'd have no dog in the fight so to speak. TNA haven't given me anything to follow and like and so the rest is just garbage surrounding good to decent workers. WWE manages to generally get me with something.

Guest The Beltster

On the TNA booking thing, I'm not saying its interesting or even good, but it isnt usually rushed and it goes generally seem to make sense, even if its boring which is a big plus from the horrendous booking that was going on a while ago under Russo.

I dont really give a shit about TNA or WWE, I think both arent really much cop, I can pick a few things from each show that I think are cool and alot of stuff I dont like, but its usually just down to my personal taste rather than anything being really awful. For example, CM Punk does nothing for me, I think he is garbage, but I cant say he doesnt have talent, he must have seeing as so many people like him.

There isnt much optimism for wrestling anymore for me, but it does seem odd that Impact, which from my perspective isnt a bad show and certainly not blatantly any worse than RAW or SD!, gets severely shit on, almost unreasonably at times, by the same people who mark out for RAW.

It's literally impossible for me to believe people can think one is so far superior to the other.

I think TNA is a better booked show than RAW is but my issue with their product is I'm not keen on the majority of their roster. Looking through everyone they have, I would tune in to see AJ Styles, Aries, Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, Hogan, Angle and Sting. That list is being very generous too as the only two guys I'd want to see on RAW are Sting and Bully Ray. The rest of the roster are so uninspiring to me, I just can't get into anything else they are doing. The women are all boring and weird looking, the entire X-Division has about as much charisma as Stephen Hawking and there are guys like Kennedy, Hardy, D'Von etc., who irritate the f*ck out of me, just by being employed.

That's the opposite to RAW, which is boring when it's not stupid, but at least they have a number of guys I really enjoy watching. I like all three members of The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, the Big Show, Lesnar, Punk, Rhodes, Sandow, Bryan, Ziggler, Bourne when he's back, Orton, Ryback and then the part timers like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker etc.. I'd happily watch all of them, so the difference in rosters is huge to me. I also hate TNA's commentary and whilst the WWE's is bad, especially on SmackDown!, their voices don't get on my nerves nearly as much as TNA's commentators and interviewers do. Is there a nerdier, weirder pair of people on TV than Tenay and Borash?

So yeah, both products have their ups and downs. I wish RAW was booked as well as TNA is because I think that'd be a strong product. However, as it is, both are too weak in one way or another for me to be a fan. I do agree that the TNA criticism is far too excessive though. It's like people have the same opinion of the product in 2013 that they had years ago when it was awful.