Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Is this TNA's next big angle - Who is behind #August1Warning?

DC

Guest Jimmy Redman

Like whoever else it was who said the same thing, I'm one of those people who seems pretty consistently critical of TNA, I guess, and the reason is because I find something to be consistently critical about. There's no conspiracy, I just generally don't like the show. It doesn't interest me, every time I watch it I'm not impressed, and it's also one of those shows that really make me want to criticise it. I mean, I've said this before but the vast majority of the time I don't like to criticise and be negative about wrestling. I'd much rather talk about what I like and the best stuff out there. But there's something about TNA that just makes me want to whinge, mainly because it's so frustrating I guess.

On the other hand, the last thing I saw and wrote about TNA was completely blowing my stack at how awesome Gail and Taryn are. If I find something good, I say so. I think that goes for everyone. I get being frustrated when other people seem to you to be unfair, because you like the show or at least think it's underrated, but those same people would probably be equally frustrated with you when you sh*t on the show that they like. There's no conspiracy. People just don't like it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster

The level of criticism it gets compared to other shows who do the same silly stuff but get a pass tells me that some people are just fanboys. I'm not saying its a conspiracy, I don't think anybody gives enough of a shit about pro wrestling to start an entire conspiracy :lol but there is a level of homerism without a doubt.

And if its just people moaning about every single thing because they don't like it, why the f*ck are they watching it?! I don't watch tv shows I can't stand, if I did that would make me a spaz. People who don't even watch it criticise it...how does that work? If you don't watch it your opinion is invalid.

Edited by The Beltster

I know why they do it but what is the deal any way with the hashtagging of August 1 Warning? Come on, f*ck off with that shit.

Guest The Beltster
Well, Bob Holly sucks. TNA are at least being smart by saying who it isnt, that way anybody expecting a real star like Goldberg, Jericho or Batista wont want to hang themselves when Bob Holly strolls out. Good damage control pre-debut, even they must know people are gonna be disappointed :lol

Guest The Beltster
I'd mark for short term Tito involvement. His promos will be great and it would lead in nicely to his Bellator ppv with Rampage.

Guest Jamster26
I listened to the first one, not any of the others yet. The way he mentions that he is not Dave Batista, kinda makes me hope that it possibly is.

Guest The Beltster

Tito and Rampage getting face time feuding on Impact helps (in theory) Bellator promote their first PPV which is headlined by these two guys. TNA and Bellator are both on Spike and largely funded by Spike. So its all one big deal when they cross promote. It might not directly help TNA, but it helps the whole package.

At least thats the mindset at Spike I'd imagine.

I'd say that would be the mindset of everyone involved and it makes sense enough that both promotions probably share a similar fan base so why not cross promote.

Though dear god, if this leads to Rampgae/Ortiz in a pro-wrestling match then f*ck this with a poo covered stick.