Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Godzilla (2014)

King

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an awesome film. cranston was fantastic and watanabe did his job but can't help their were some elements that could have made this perfect such as {SPOILER ALERT IF ON APP SCROLL DOWN AND IGNORE!)

Not killing off Bryan Cranstons character so early. I reckon if they kept em alive in the film through the end and made em the man that knew what to do it would have gotten a better reception

Aaron Taylor Johnson wasn't a disaster but he wasn't great in this film, really lacked some emotion here whether that was on purpose a'la director i'm not sure

and lastly there wasn't much of the big godzilla in this film. Right tone, right setting and scenery, but it lacked length in some of the fight scenes which i think was the wrong call to do. Pro-long it a bit longer and people would have been off their seats

A side all of that, i really liked this film and it was a hundred times better than the first american one.

Guest Yodahew
I saw this last night and was blown away. What a movie! I loved the suspense and the scene setting for godzilla. I saw the 97 version and was worried going into this one. But i loved it.

Went to this on Saturday. THIS is how you do a summer blockbuster! I loved every second of it and was so immersed I felt like a kid again. I didn't even open the five dollar candy I bought because my mouth was agape the entire time. Everything was perfect. The first Godzilla reveal was mind-blowing. I just can't say how much I loved this. It's the first movie I've seen in years that I would pay to see again.

Five out of five. Go see it.

DAT ATOMIC FIRE BREATH KISS OF DEATH!

Guest John Hancock
Seeing this tomorrow at the huge BFI IMAX on the South Bank. Only the largest screen in Britain (1198 square feet) will do for the might of Godzilla.

Guest John Hancock
Saw it, it was cool. I went in wanted to see Godzilla being awesome and giant, that's exactly what I got. Some of the non-Godzilla stuff dragged for me, it felt like two hours of build up, and half an hour pay off, which is suppose is better than the Zack Snyder/Michael Bay school of half and hour of build up, two hours of pay off, but, still, I'll admit I checked my watch a couple of times, and didn't give aaaaaaaaaaaany f*cks about any of the human characters. But it was all made better by Godzilla looking really, really cool, and generally being a stand up guy. I heard they motion captured dogs for the face or something like that, and you can certainly tell, there's moments when he looks really cute and friendly, in a good way. I loved the ending, it was really sweet, I was generally really happy with how likeable they made Godzilla, he was just a silly, clumsy lizard, it wasn't his fault. Loved the little moments of him looking at human characters and then just walking off because he's not a dick.