Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Discussion Thread - October 27, 2013 from Miami, FL (#5)

TPIB

The fifth annual WWE Hell in a Cell will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on October 27 from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, FL.

The official theme song for Hell in a Cell is "Out of Time" by Stone Temple Pilots (f/ Chester Bennington), off of their newest album, "High Rise".

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-2013-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Hell in a Cell: Special Referee- Shawn Michaels:

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan

2-on-1 Handicap Hell in a Cell Match:

CM Punk vs. Ryback & Paul Heyman

World Heavyweight Championship:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship: Triple Threat Tag Match:

Goldust & Cody Rhodes © vs. Jimmy & Jey Uso vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns

Divas Championship:

AJ Lee © vs. Brie Bella

Intercontinental Championship: Kickoff Exclusive:

Curtis Axel © vs. Big E. Langston

Edited by Kam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cena is coming back already!? That's bad news for me. I was just getting used to Cena not being on WWE television :sad:

With that said, it makes no sense whatsoever to me that Cena is getting a World Heavyweight Title match for no apparent reason. It's no secret that I don't like Alberto Del Rio as a champion, but he still deserves better than getting jobbed out to John Cena just because it's John Cena. I honestly thought that they were going to have Vickie announce the match, then have her do a "haha, just kidding", revealing that she just dropped Cena's name to cost Del Rio the match against Ricardo Rodriguez.

Also, they've added a rematch between CM Punk and Ryback to the card. This is kind of a letdown to me because I have no interest in seeing another match between Punk and Ryback. If it was a Hell in a Cell Match, then I might be interested, but, as of now, it's not. I was hoping that the Punk/Heyman feud would be over at Hell in a Cell, but that doesn't look likely now.

I honestly thought that they were going to have Vickie announce the match, then have her do a "haha, just kidding", revealing that she just dropped Cena's name to cost Del Rio the match against Ricardo Rodriguez.

I thought the same thing at first. Then I realized there's no way Vic would use our lord and saviors name in vain lest she be struck down by the almighty universe.

Guest Jimmy Redman

The best idea I've seen floated so far is that Alberto target's Cena's arm, Cena wins the belt, Alberto attacks him post-match and Sandow cashes in. Cena gets more time off, the heels get heat, it's an easy transition from Alberto to Sandow, and Cena has two ready-made feuds for down the road.

I feel like the next chapter is Cena comes back for revenge vs Alberto while Cody wins the World Title from Sandow. But whatever.

Anyway, Cena coming back so soon is not surprising in any way, but it feels abrupt in relation to the current angle and trying to find him a place in it.

It's no secret that I don't like Alberto Del Rio as a champion, but he still deserves better than getting jobbed out to John Cena just because it's John Cena.
I know irrational thought when it comes to John Cena is a given on t'internet, but at least allow the match to happen first before saying Alberto was "jobbed out" against him.

On a side note, there is a big difference between losing and being jobbed out. Case in point, the match on NXT with Luke Harper and Kassius Ohno. Prior to seeing it, I read a number of comments saying he was jobbed out, but when I watched it, he was not jobbed out, he simply lost to another (more pushed at this point) wrestler.

Guest Ciaran The King
If ADR is to lose I will be disappointed as I feel he's been brilliant as of late in the ring and out of it. It will be a shame if he is to lose it just for the fact Cena needs to return

Guest Jimmy Redman
Alberto has been stale and irrelevant for months, at least. I get ARGHCENA, but let's not pretend that he'd be breaking up some great title reign if he won the belt. It would be a relief at this point, Alberto has been deathly boring.

Guest Edgehead
I can't stand ADR & I'm real sick of him as WHC. He's had the strap pretty much all year apart from Dolph's brief run & I personally hope Cena wins whether Sandow cashes in or not

Guest Jimmy Redman
Alberto has been so boring lately. Out of the ring he's been boring all year, but at least as a babyface he was having great matches every week. He's kind of stopped doing that since about June, so I have no use for him anymore. His reign, which began in June, has been terrible.

i was bored of ADR, but then i missed a few weeks of Smackdowns and RAWs and only caught little bits of the last PPVs. I actually enjoyed him against RVD at Battleground though...so if you want to find him not-as-boring, just stop watching for a while....

Guest Ciaran The King
Okay so ADR doesn't set the world on fire but for what he does he's good at. His feuds aren't always the best but I think in the ring he usually delivers

Guest Jimmy Redman

He delivered in-ring a LOT as a babyface, in fact he was in my Top 5 halfway through the year. But, not so coincidentally, he hasn't had a great match since the match in which he turned back heel. His matches aren't as good as they were when he was a face, and he's really not any more interesting out of the ring as a heel, so it's lose-lose for me.

Actually I take that back, there were the Christian matches. But Christian is a guaranteed match-up for him, and that is all he's done of note in the ring since Payback.

Guest Ciaran The King

His best matche for me was the Dolph one where he won the title, at Payback I think? And yeah I agree his matches with Christian never disappoint.

But personally I like his in ring product, it just has something

Guest Edgehead
I'll agree about Christian. In fact after Summerslam I remember saying that ADR/Christian could have been MOTN if Brock/Punk & Cena/Bryan hadn't been so great. But for me that was the exception rather than the rule, the rule is ADR bores me to death