Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Discussion Thread - October 27, 2013 from Miami, FL (#5)

TPIB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fatherof10minis
These PPVs are way too close together. Almost zero build for most of the matches and matches that just don't make sense. Orton/Bryan again, Ryback/Punk again, and then lets fill up the show the last raw before the show. Even worse, let's announce an absolute garbage match the day of the show. (Cesaro saving grace). Spread these PPVs out more.

Guest Jimmy Redman

That's funny, because Vince personally thinks WWE should make money.

This year was Mania season that screwed everything up, Mania being so late and then having a 6 week break after it, there are still only 12 PPVs, but they have to all be squashed into this 6 week period to make up for it.

Guest John Hancock

It's getting a little bit later on average, but not by much. All the 'Manias have gone;

Late March

Early April

Late March

Late March

Early April

Early April

Late March

Early April

Early April

Late March

Early April

Late March

Late March

Late March

Late March

Early April

Early April

Mid March

Late March

Mid March

Early April

Early April

Early April

Late March

Early April

Late March

Early April

Early April

Early April

Early April

Edited by John Hancock

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah, but this year it was all the way at the 7th of April, whereas usually if it's in April it's as close to March as possible. It hasn't been as late as the 7th, certainly not in the last decade.

And then after that they had another 6 week build to ER, which was in the middle of May. Hence why we're squashing them in now.

12 PPVs would be fine if they hadn't done that and there was one a month like usual.

Guest Ciaran The King
Just read that Langston/Axel is gonna be the pre show kick off match for the IC title, gotta say that I'd rather see it on the show

If there was ever a time to solidify Big E. Langston's face turn, then this is the best chance for WWE to do it. What better way to kick off a major face push than to give Langston the Intercontinental Title in his first shot at the title? The title has certainly done nothing for Curtis Axel (because, let's face it, nothing will be able to 'save' Axel), that's for sure.

Guest Ciaran The King
After initially seeing promise in Axel I've finally given up, he does nothing of significance and WWE have all but given up on him too. Would love to see Langston given the title on first attempt.

Guest Edgehead
I agree the IC title has done nothing for Axel and vice versa so I say put it on Big E for a while, he's already showing a lot of potential as a face & he's only been one for a matter of days