Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Discussion Thread - October 27, 2013 from Miami, FL (#5)

TPIB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd love to see Big E ressurect the "5" gimmick from NXT. They still use the music, so why not follow that up with the rest of the gimmick?

I'm pretty certain Curtis going out for at least a 5 count, and hopefully more than one Big Ending.

Guest Ciaran The King
Personally I'd love to see Big E ressurect the "5" gimmick from NXT. They still use the music, so why not follow that up with the rest of the gimmick?

I agree

It's pretty much just the old King Kong Bundy gimmick of making the referee count a pinfall of 5 instead of just 3. But Big E sold it beautifully on NXT to the extent that every match would have the whole crowd chanting 5 all the way through.

In fact, here you go. Almost exactly 12 months ago this was happening on NXT:

[video=youtube;IiF3s7k8iVQ]

and matches like this:

[video=youtube;5J35HXAjHcM]

and achieved a beautiful peak on NXT of this glorious promo:

[video=youtube;ZprH-1Ugk5o]

Edited by dsrchris

From Wrestling 101:

Goddammit WWE, it’s only been 3 weeks. Again. I can barely muster up the power to hilariously rhyme things with hell and cell in this article…wait, what’s that? They’re purposely stopping people from saying “Hell in a Cell” and getting them to refer to matches as taking place “inside the cell structure”?! What the hell does biology have to do with wrestling?!

> WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Preview