Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II

Guest John Hancock

Guest The Beltster

Helwani is a c*cky little asswipe who thinks he's a bigger star than the people he interviews. A lot of the fighters seem to hate his guts for being such a smarmy little instigator.

I dont care what he said, it came across to me like Anderson was talking about stopping the fight. He was asked flat out after losing to Weidman by Rogan if he was going to retire and he clearly said no and mentioned he had a brand new 10-fight deal.

As for Weidman, as much as he probably hates being considered a fluke champion, fact is, he is. He caught Silva with a fluke, flailing shot and dropped him. He was out before the 2nd shot landed, his eyes were rolled back as he fell. The rest of the fight before the finish, Anderson was making him look like a fool. That said, Weidman had come off a shoulder surgery I'm sure so maybe he wasn't on top of his game either.

Edited by The Beltster

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Everyone is missing Mike Goldberg interviewing two serial rapists.

EDIT: A two hour (it felt) interview with, literally, two f*cking guys, followed by a warning not to legally pay full price for this. Dana you are having an actual laugh with that timing.

Edited by John Hancock

Who said who to what now? Peter Berg is a rapist?

Watched all of the prelims and the card so far and its been good so far and lots of finishes and no point scoring snooze fests. Evidence of this? Well we are at Browne v Barnett at 4am and they had to stick a prelim replay in there to pad it already.

Sad to say though looks like Chris Leben is done.

Guest John Hancock

I'm half watching on mute, and Peter Berg straight up looks like an artist's impression of the Green River Killer. Terrifying.

Barnett got f*cked up. I really hope they protect Brown until Velasquez is back, because he could be a going. I'll be disappointed if they do Werdum/Brown for the number on contendership.

If Cain goes for a takedown and runs into those elbows then goodnight. Gonzaga and now Barnett got MASHED by them horrid strikes. Guy just keeps getting better and better and better.

It's time, prelim padding aside its time for Ronda v Tate!

I love how BT Sport think this PPV is going till 7am - no way. Ronda 1st round win Rousey and a fired up Silva known for again finishing in the first? This PPV ain't seeing past 5.30am tops I reckon.

Guest John Hancock
Maybe they're just going to put on there entire undercard. Ronda's going to win in roughy 0.5 seconds, Silva/Weidman won't go three round either way, I don't know if they'll even make 5AM without packing it full of replays from the undercard. Maybe they can get Jeffrey Dahmer back for a follow up interview.

So much padding. Prelim, hype talk, then hype package and finally, about half an hour after the finish of Browne v Barnett we get the frickin' next fight.

Tate coming out to Roar by Katy Perry? Really? Urggh - even worse when she sang along a little bit in the corner... just no Meisha!

Ronda coming out to Bad Reputation and just looking mean cracks me up. Boo her all you want, she is real and doesn't give a damn s**t. Just because she won't be the cookie cutter pretty girl you all want her to be, just because secretly men want pretty women only who act like pretty girls to be on their shows. Go on Ronda, beat her up please.

Guest John Hancock

Rousey, with her hood up, looks exactly like a two year old.

I think it's kinda cool that they both had female singers for their entrance music, I don't know if that was intentional, but it was a nice touch.

EDIT: Is it just me being cynical, but does it look like Tate has absolutely no game plan what so ever here? It's been like she's fighting to survive the entire time, and relying on pure luck, just a lucky punch or something like that.

EDIT EDIT: MEISHA. STOP TRYING TAKE DOWNS, FOR GOD'S SAKE WOMAN.

This is such good pro-wrestling. The favourite, the monster-heel, has a super effective finishing move, so the story is just avoiding the finishing move. It's so simple, but it's so exciting.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest Jimmy Redman

That was a lot of fun.

And yeah, Tate going for takedowns was insane, but I think as she sort of alluded to post-match, they hate each other so much that her pride wouldn't allow her to be defensive or run away from Rousey to try and stick and move. So when they got into clinches, it was like, f*ck it, I want to take this biatch down. Silly as far as a rational gameplan goes, but there you go.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

I was screaming for her to stop going the takedown, don't clinch, engage from range - allsorts like that because if you enter into the clinch or shoot or well just plain grapple with her then BOOM, your gonna get Judo schooled.

I mean I wanted Ronda to win simply to shut up the people booing her for supposedly being a b**ch. Fact is on TUF Meisha made cracks about Ronda, about her mum, her trainers and such and Ronda reacted to them but because she was more over the top then Tate and Meisha played it all cool Ronda came across badly.

Can Ronda be annoying? Yep. But the fact is my missus wanted Ronda to win which should point out who the real b**ch is.

As for the fight, I think Tate thought if she survived the first round then Ronda would tire and gas, she said as much in the build and then she could have her way and pick her shots. Thing is that is a big assumption to make - no one has seen her past the first round doesn't mean she doesn't prepare for it.

Plus the improved striking, including knees to the body, the continued winding throws, the posture control on the ground and cage just wore Tate out. She just straight up made Tate look pap which she isn't. Cat Zigano would have made it a better fight, but I guess that will be another fight for another day and if Ronda sticks her chin out in that fight it might get her burned so she needs to work on that.

Tate won the popularity contest but Ronda won the fight and bottom line that is what this business is about.

Silva v Weidman next and what the holy hell is all the crouching about during Silva's entrance?

Guest John Hancock

I'm such a sexist, because I felt really bad when they were booing Ronda, she looked like she wanted to cry a little bit. Compare that to how she was when she won the title, and you can tell that, words aside, she really doesn't like being booed. I wanted to give her a hug.

"Hey baby, there ain't to easy way out". The song choices today are killing it.

EDIT: What a shame, Silva's chin has just completely dissolved with age. He's technically still there, but he just can't take a punch anymore.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
YOOOOOOOO! Shit was crazy, f*cking jelly legs! JELLY LEGS! Anderson Silva is absolutely done with combat sports forever, a 38 year old is never, ever going to recover from an injury that nasty, that's the craziest thing I've ever seen in MMA, ever, ever, ever.

Guest John Hancock
Off screen, Silva is being stretchered out of the Octagon. Scary, scary stuff, he honestly might never fully recover from that, even outside of the cage. Mike Goldberg is now trying as hard as possible to make it seem less brutal for the MMA-critics.

I am shocked to the point of sickness. Weidman was beating him at the point but Anderson was getting his bearings back and we could have been in for a great fight when the most sickening leg break this side of Sid Vicious happened.

Elephant in the room time but Weidman is just going to forever be seen as a fluke champion unless he kills Belfort and then the next guy after him because of this which is upsetting for him and perhaps unfair for a start.

As for Anderson and what is next for him. Several years of surgery and painful rehab which is just such a sad and upsetting way for the career of the greatest champion in MMA history to go. I wish him a speedy recovery, a return to full mobility and maybe one day another fight but we all know that last one is more then likely never going to happen.

Dana White looked like the single most unhappy man on the planet, aside from Silva, in the aftermath.

Guest The Beltster
Anderson should never consider fighting again he has nothing to prove and his career didn't end with a loss it ended with an injury. Good for Weidman he isn't to blame he is running with the cards he was dealt and he's the champ. Anderson is the best there has ever been, hopefully he can recover and live without constant pain.