Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II

Guest John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
But there is no guarantee he would beat him with or without it, so if he loses you can't say its because he wasn't using TRT. If he goes in there without TRT and looks awful then fair enough, but again, explain why Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Overeem etc all have looked pathetic on TRT and only Belfort has looked great. It can't work for one guy and nobody else, that doesn't make any sense!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Some interesting trivia, of all the guys fighting on TRT in the UFC (apart from Belfort), their record is a combined 4 wins, 8 losses. So all these other guys have combined to 1/3 of their fights. So is TRT turning them into super fighters? Nope...so because Belfort is winning, why is it all put down to TRT? I want to know why people who think that, think that because to me, its drivel.

For me it's down to his fighting style. I remember when he was a young guy, full of enthusiasm for striking, running out there without fear and just standing and banging with guys with almost limitless energy. Then he got old, he was still striking but was losing, he was still standing and banging but was running out of energy quickly. Now he's even older, but he's back to fighting how he was as a young guy and the only possible reasons for that it's because of the TRT or that he has access to a fully working time machine. I also don't like how the UFC up until this point have deliberately kept him out of the USA to avoid having any complications.

My other issue, and it's the same issue I have with anyone who uses TRT, is that there's a reason he's got low testosterone levels, either because they're naturally producing less testosterone because they're older, or because of using added testosterone or other steroids in the past. People who have bad vision aren't allowed to wear glasses when they fight. People who have a lost a leg can't go in there with a cybernetic leg. People who are short of breath aren't allowed an oxygen tank in there. Admittedly those are extreme examples, but why should someone with a naturally weaker system be allowed to top themselves up to the level they had when they were younger?

Guest The Beltster
For me it's down to his fighting style. I remember when he was a young guy, full of enthusiasm for striking, running out there without fear and just standing and banging with guys with almost limitless energy. Then he got old, he was still striking but was losing, he was still standing and banging but was running out of energy quickly. Now he's even older, but he's back to fighting how he was as a young guy and the only possible reasons for that it's because of the TRT or that he has access to a fully working time machine. I also don't like how the UFC up until this point have deliberately kept him out of the USA to avoid having any complications.
But you still haven't explained why it hasn't done the same for ANYBODY else...if it was all down 100% to TRT, then everybody using it would have improved...everybody else on it hasn't improved and are, in fact, worse. TRT isn't making guys stronger, faster or more skilled, the only benefit is that it gives you the energy that somebody of your age should naturally have if your body was producing its own testosterone, I dont see the harm there. And yeah no doubt, certain guys are probably having to have TRT because they have abused steroids in the past, but this is pro sports, steroids are everywhere, just because guys aren't getting caught doesn't mean they aren't using them so all these guys not on TRT who aren't being talked about could very well be juiced to the eyeballs. Worrying about an even playing field in sports is dumb, it will never be even, ever. But to say Vitor is only fighting this way strictly down to TRT I think is wrong, it hasn't helped anybody else look better, its impossible for it to work so amazingly well for one guy and not for anybody else. If anything, the fact he is down in Brazil and can get away with it, he's probably just using steroids, which would make him bigger, stronger and faster.

My other issue, and it's the same issue I have with anyone who uses TRT, is that there's a reason he's got low testosterone levels, either because they're naturally producing less testosterone because they're older, or because of using added testosterone or other steroids in the past. People who have bad vision aren't allowed to wear glasses when they fight. People who have a lost a leg can't go in there with a cybernetic leg. People who are short of breath aren't allowed an oxygen tank in there. Admittedly those are extreme examples, but why should someone with a naturally weaker system be allowed to top themselves up to the level they had when they were younger?
Eh, those really are extreme and pretty bad examples :lol There are basketball players who can't see who wear goggles etc, not really an advantage, they can't see. There are guys with titanium hips and joints which have been proven to be stronger in sports, not really an advantage.

Guest The Beltster

Not sure of the actual number but Silva/Weidman 2 did the second biggest UFC PPV butyrate ever behind UFC 100.

Wow!

Guest John Hancock
If that's legit, that would be somewhere between 1.1-1.6 million buys. A surprisingly big end to an otherwise shitty year pay-per-view buys-wise. It would also mean that Anderson Silva's last fight drew about the same, if not more, as Velasquez, Jones and GSP's last fights all added together.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Beltster
I'll be honest, I dont want to see Silva/Weidman 3, at least not right away. Its been done twice in 6 months with the same guy winning both times. I'd like to see Anderson fight somebody else and same with Weidman, and I expect Vitor to take the belt from Weidman anyway.

• 3 weeks later...