King

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock

Cracked have come up with a list of fan theories ranging from the silly (Bran Stark is a time traveller) to the kinda cool (Varys is a merman) to the "Oh shit, that's literally the actual ending isn't it!?" (Jon Snow is a Targaryen bastard, will align with Daenerys, and the whole "Ice & Fire" thing told you that from the very beginning, but you didn't notice, you idiot). They get progressively more likely, with the second page all being pretty solid.

They're all baseless though, so I wouldn't consider any of them spoilers.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21478_6-insane-but-convincing-game-thrones-fan-theories.html

When you think about it and I have, because I'm a geek, it makes perfect sense that Jon Snow is the b**tard son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Eddard stormed the tower where she was being held and is the only person who knows what was found there, everyone else is dead. Likewise he NEVER talks about Jon's mother or discusses who she was, even Jon doesn't know - plus after the war he basically legged it back to Winterfell despite being the first choice of Robert to be his Hand then and also the man who liberated Kings Landing.

He did this because he needed to protect the child from Robert, who would have killed him there and then if he knew he was a Targaryen and everyone thought he never talked about it because of his much vaunted sense of honour and the embarrassment the whole episode caused him.

Then again the events of the last book seem, to at least in the publications, to make this seem unlikely however it could be written into the series and probably end up being better then what R. R. Martin is writing because he seems to not even know himself.