Fan Clubs | beta

Game Of Thrones - Season 4

King

I'm not. I'm glad I don't have to listen to his sexual exploits and his Inigo Montoya accent. He had The Mountain That Rides beat but his pride and selfish quest for vengeance was his downfall. I'm glad Gregor crushed his head like a ripe melon. He was nothing more than a boastful degenerate boy lover. Good riddance.

I'm more upset about Ser Jorah. I'm glad he was only exiled and not executed.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dpddave
Was Ser Jorah sent by the Lannisters originally

No, he fled Westeros because he was caught trading slaves and Ned Stark was on his way to execute him for his crimes.

Good lord, I don't watch this but watched the scene just a minute ago. Good. F**king. Lord.
What makes it for me is the brutal punch to set up the skull-crushing finale.

The look of shock on The Viper's face and the crunch of the punch, followed by the shower of blood and teeth was just viciously evil.

Guest Yodahew
What makes it for me is the brutal punch to set up the skull-crushing finale.

I hope miz is taking notes......

From Digital Spy:

Game of Thrones passes The Sopranos as HBO's most popular series

Game of Thrones has surpassed The Sopranos as HBO's most popular series of all time.

HBO has confirmed that the fourth season of the George RR Martin adaptation has averaged 18.4 million viewers.

This beats the record set by the Emmy-winning mob drama The Sopranos back in 2002, when it attracted 18.2 million viewers.

Game of Thrones has grown its audience by 4 million viewers from season three.

The fantasy series has also broken online piracy records, with the controversial episode 'The Lion and the Rose' being downloaded more than 1.5 million times in less than 24 hours.

HBO airs the season four finale of Game of Thrones on June 15.

I'm not. I'm glad I don't have to listen to his sexual exploits and his Inigo Montoya accent. He had The Mountain That Rides beat but his pride and selfish quest for vengeance was his downfall. I'm glad Gregor crushed his head like a ripe melon. He was nothing more than a boastful degenerate boy lover. Good riddance.

I take it back.

I just watched 04x08 again and after thinking about it for a few days and now that events have set in, I have to admit being bummed about Oberyn. He was just starting to grow on me as a great character and now he's gone like so many before him. Pedro Pascal played the part to perfection and I'm sad to see him go.

"You raped her, you murdered her, you wrecked her niños!" is still stuck in my head and while it may be funny it's still pretty damn sad.

http://i.imgur.com/mVwgTrW.jpg

Rest in peace Oberyn Martell. We hardly knew you.

I have, yeah. There's a few great ones out there but I think this one is the best and now, at least for me, it's head canon.

If it wasn't for Darth Sansa I'd say this is the overall saddest episode in the shows history and the last bit was even more heartbreaking than the Red Wedding but not quite as much as Ned's death.

For me, the Red Wedding episode was the hardest, it totally blindsided me, took me quite a while to get over it :P. I did like the Stark family and was hoping and expecting to see some kind of reunion. As much as I liked Oberyn, not seeing as much of his backstory made it a little easier as I wasn't as connected with him. Still tough to watch though!

I knew it was going to happen but hoped that the writers had decided to troll the readers of the books and keep the Viper alive - in doing so they would have eliminated a lot of the need to carry on following the books because that one event was a catalyst for pretty much all of the plot in next couple of books.

Expect the episode tonight to feature the wall A LOT. Then episode ten will be round up and stage setting episode as usual.

The show always surprises me with how much they can achieve on a TV budget, that was a fantastic battle. The mammoths and giants looked impressive and the action shots were great. It would have been nice to see the fight between Grenn (and co) vs the giant but I'm happy with just how much they did manage to show.

I thought Ygritte's death was done really well with Ollie getting the kill and her dying in Jon's arms.

Finale next week :(

It might be a TV budget but it is a really big TV budget.

Next week has a surprise in store for all of you, those who don't know will like it a lot.

Then again it might not seen as once more the TV Writers have been teaking the book for their own needs in this episode but not in a bad way, for instance the kiss between Sam and Gilly and his conversation between him and the Grand Maester for example but they added to the television universe so bah humbug those book fans who didn't like them.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I felt like Ygritte's death didn't have the same emotional impact as it should. Seriously, I was more upset about Pyp's death than hers.

Go figure I would start to like Alliser Thorne just before getting his guts ripped out. It was nice to see Ghost get some action and the giants and mammoths looked amazing. I hope something bad happens to Janos Slynt, that piece of shit coward.

Guest Ciaran The King
I love Thrones but personally it's starting to drag for me, this slow build for 8 episodes then biggish payoff in the last two episodes frankly is annoying.

Guest Ciaran The King
Not slow build Per-se just that between the pivotal scenes nothing much happens. I also think that the creators are trying to cram to much in to the series. some scenes I think just aren't necessary