Fan Clubs (beta)

Game Of Thrones - Season 4

King

It's back bitches!!

Good news for fans of Games Of Thrones as Sunday 6th April 2014 was confirmed as the start date of the show’s much-anticipated Season 4 by HBO.

Game of Thrones wrapped its third run in June 2013 with near-record ratings of 5.4 million viewers and, although an air date hasn’t been released for Irish viewers just yet, we imagine that Sky customers will only have to wait a few days at most before they’re (legally) allowed to watch the latest adventures.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the fourth season of Game of Thrones will pick up where the last began, finishing up its adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s A Storm of Swords – the third of seven planned books in the series’ source material.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for Irish and UK fans :)

Following on from the exciting news that Game Of Thrones Season 4 is to air in the States on Sunday 6th April 2014, Sky Atlantic have now confirmed that Irish fans of Game Of Thrones (AKA Devin Throners) will be able to watch the new show on Monday 7th April 2014 at 9pm, just 24 hours after it’s screened in the US.

Guest Jimmy Redman

To celebrate S4 being less than 3 months away, I have actually bit the bullet and started reading the books while I'm at work. I feel like I should be caught up to TV pace by April.

I've been hesitant this whole time because I really, REALLY do not want the show spoiled. But my friends did buy me the books, and the fleshing out of stuff will be good. I'm just going to stop when I catch up to TV.

Guest dpddave

Finish the books you pair of layabouts, I need people to discuss my ridiculous theories with. I watched season 1 and 2 first and then read all the books. It didn't affect my enjoyment of season 3 at all, in fact I probably enjoyed it more.

tbf though the wait for book 6 has been absolute torture so you would probably be better off dragging them out as long as possible.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ladies and gentleman you had best get prepared for absolutely epic battles, some really bloody twisty intrigue and dare I say prepare to say goodbye to some characters. Speculate away as to who they might be and who may end up aligning with who...

Guest Yodahew
I have just finished the first book an immediately started the 2nd. The main thing i wanna know from the trailers is why tyrion is in chains?

Just a reminder for everyone...no spoilers please - this will be a TV pace thread so no book spoilers!

Yeah THIS! This is my show and eventhough I've read to the 5th book, I don't want any book spoilers. Show spoilers are okay as long as they're tagged. If you don't know how to tag spoilers, ask. That's what Mods are for. Don't make me come down hard on you with my Kam approved wrath.

I have just finished the first book an immediately started the 2nd. The main thing i wanna know from the trailers is why tyrion is in chains?

You don't want to know. TRUST ME, you don't want to know. Yet...

Guest Yodahew
I mean i wanna no by watching the show. Im going to read up to the show. Argh im so over stimulated for this show!

• 2 weeks later...

From Digital Spy:

Game of Thrones season 4's first episode will be simulcast in the UK and US.

The news was confirmed by Sky tonight (March 25) at the launch of the new run, with the broadcaster revealing that the show will be screened in the middle of the night on Sky Atlantic, coinciding with the US East Coast airing.

Game of Thrones begins its fourth season on HBO on Sunday, April 6 at 9pm ET, meaning it will air in the UK at 2am on Monday, April 7.

The episode will also still be shown at 9pm on Monday as usual.